Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default best offense????????

Which team in the nfl do you think will have the best offense next year?????
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #2
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default best offense????????

I think it will be the New York Giants and heres why...

You have a quaterback named MANNING enough said...then you have a guy like Tiki Barber as a running back who plays with such love for the game, not to mention ever since Tom Coughlin showed up he has been an outstanding running back. You have a pretty solid offensive line with Kareem McKenzie and Luke Petitiuglo at tackles along with Chris Snee and Dave Dehli at guards with Shaun O' Heara at center...You have a great one - two punch with Burriss and Toomer and with rookie Sinorice Moss in the mix they have a chance to be an elite core of recievers, not to mention tight end Jeremy Shockey who is one of the best tight ends in the game right now.

I would have said the Texans if they drafted Reggie Bush but they screwed that up
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #3
Vinnie333
Rookie

i agree that they will be really good and probably top 5-7 in the league, but i dont know about being the best offense in the NFL. Manning needs to fix his tendency to float some balls and throw them high...resulted in too many picks.. i think the cardinals could actually have a top 3 offense in the league next year with the addition of edgerrin james to complement their passing game
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
I think it will be the New York Giants and heres why...

I would have said the Texans if they drafted Reggie Bush but they screwed that up
So you don't think much of Reggie in the Big Easy??
Old 05-08-2006   #5
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Once Carson Palmer is up and going, the Bengals will show their firepower on offense. They have Chad Johnson, TJ Housh., Rudi Johnson, Chris Henry (amazing 3rd down back with 50+ catches last season), and Carson. They have a great Oline too. THey are going to be dominate this season, especially with a much improved defense.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #6
Hawg
Rookie

Im going to go with the obviouse, The colts should still have the best offense. They do still have peyton mannin. Even though they lost the edge they will still be able to get good runnin from that ohter guy who was getting a lot of plaaying time and even had some quality starts. Just think that with as many big time players as they have they should still be at the top.
Old 05-08-2006   #7
Trapped
Veteran

Colts, Bengals, and Giants.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2006   #8
HTownBTDown
Rookie

Im going with the out of left field here cardinals...Watch and see
HTownBTDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownBTDown
Im going with the out of left field here cardinals...Watch and see
If they get the blocking....
Old 05-08-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
Once Carson Palmer is up and going, the Bengals will show their firepower on offense. They have Chad Johnson, TJ Housh., Rudi Johnson, Chris Henry (amazing 3rd down back with 50+ catches last season), and Carson. They have a great Oline too. THey are going to be dominate this season, especially with a much improved defense.
I have to agree with what you were saying and that was what I first thought when I saw this thread too. I think you meant Chris Perry instead of Henry with the 50 catches though considering Chris Henry was the #3 WR and Perry was the RB. They both had good years too last year though. Carson Palmer is one of the best QBs in the league.
Old 05-08-2006   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts will be to one dimensional next year and Addai isnt gonna be able to match Edges numbers strait out of college. With all the additions they made in the draft I wouldnt be suprised to see the Patriots up there. But it will be either the Bengals or the Broncos.
Old 05-08-2006   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Bengals..
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
The Colts will be to one dimensional next year and Addai isnt gonna be able to match Edges numbers strait out of college. With all the additions they made in the draft I wouldnt be suprised to see the Patriots up there. But it will be either the Bengals or the Broncos.
I say Bengals and Colts. Addai isn't James, but he will be solid. And the Bengals will be slowed by Carson's injury. In fact they don't know if he will be ready by the start of the season.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #14
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I have to agree with what you were saying and that was what I first thought when I saw this thread too. I think you meant Chris Perry instead of Henry with the 50 catches though considering Chris Henry was the #3 WR and Perry was the RB. They both had good years too last year though. Carson Palmer is one of the best QBs in the league.
yeah its perry, i was thinking about henry while i was typing, but im not sure what his status is with the team since he has some legal problems. They did resign Kelly Washington who is a capable 3rd receiver as well. They resigned J. Johnson the full back too who has done well blocking.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

The Colts still have Dominick Rhodes and he really aint that bad so I expect Addai and Rhodes to split carries. I think they will both be used a lot though as the Colts like to run the ball.
Old 05-09-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

culpepper, brown, chambers, booker, hagan, mcmichael, and most importantly, houston houck.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read