Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2006   #1
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New football field on wheels Phoenix Stadium

Friday I got to see inside the new Cardinal football stadium. I live in Phoenix temporarily and we went as a HVAC shop crew on a tour. It's not open to the public yet. I can bore you with all the latest and greatest of a stadium but usually they are all the same except for one thing... the football field will roll in and out of the stadium within an hour. Most of the time it will be outside. It's real turf in 120 F weather during the summer days. The field is about 3 feet high and it has 70 7hp motors and several guiding ramps. It's just another wild feat in design. We actually went in there to see the air conditioning system as to our career.

Last edited by TexanBorn51; 05-07-2006 at 09:15 PM.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

What... and no actual pictures for your fellow fans? For shame.

I've seen the prelim drawings / models - but nothing actual yet.

edit - here's some pics from the cards website Looks like #7 is where the field is rolled out.

I'm diggin it... I wish we could somehow alter Reliant (not that it's not already classy) to have more of an outdoor feel. Covered, but still open.... ah flip it... can't figure out how to put it into words.

Last edited by OzzO; 05-08-2006 at 01:19 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I do have pics with a lousy cell phone camera. But some of the military guys took good pics with us in them too. Sure I'll be glad to get and show them but how do I post them? By the way one can ask why roll it in and out. Well what they want with this stadium is to be able to roll it out in an hour and now the floor will be cement flat with electrial outlets in the floor etc and show other venues all the time even during the football season. Also these fans over here are all excited cuz they now have Matt, Pope ,and Edgerrin James(I think) and some Ol so the season tickets are already sold out they tell me. Good for them but I'll always love my Texans.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read