Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2006   #1
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default Cards sellout

Oh my GOD! The Arizona Cardinals have soldout this year!
I have ragged on my friends here how the Texans would be a playoff team before the Cards and how this orginization does everything right and the Cards everything wrong! Now with the new stadium, James at RB, Bibwill apparently not making decsions anymore they may be 9-7 and in the playoffs, wow what a change for both teams in the last two years. On the plus side we will finaly get more then one NFL game on TV here on Sundays! In the 10 years I have lived out here I think they have had only 2 home games on TV!
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really wondering if Bidwell had an epiphany...all this change actually looks good.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

They got the Edge and Leinart. They are going to be an exciting team to watch on the offensive side of the ball. That's why they've sold out. They are going to be good next year. They'd have a shot at the playoffs if it wasn't for their defense.
Old 05-07-2006   #4
aggieNzona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
They got the Edge and Leinart. They are going to be an exciting team to watch on the offensive side of the ball. That's why they've sold out. They are going to be good next year. They'd have a shot at the playoffs if it wasn't for their defense.
I didn't watch any of thier games last year but I knew that had a good offense. What suprised me was they had the 10th best defense last year. They just haven't learned how to put it all together for 4 quarters and I still have some doubts about Dennis Green but I will give him this he is a good talent guy. His game planning and lack of adjustments is questionable and his clock managment is just bad. They still could do the normal Cardinal thing and implode in which case he gets fired!
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
They'd have a shot at the playoffs if it wasn't for their defense.
Dennis Green.
Old 05-07-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieNzona
Oh my GOD! The Arizona Cardinals have soldout this year!
I have ragged on my friends here how the Texans would be a playoff team before the Cards and how this orginization does everything right and the Cards everything wrong! Now with the new stadium, James at RB, Bibwill apparently not making decsions anymore they may be 9-7 and in the playoffs, wow what a change for both teams in the last two years. On the plus side we will finaly get more then one NFL game on TV here on Sundays! In the 10 years I have lived out here I think they have had only 2 home games on TV!
Well, you were definitely wrong about 2 things. The Cardinals don't do EVERYTHING wrong and the Texans have made plenty of mistakes up until recently. I still think the Cardinals will find a way to not be a long term contender and I still think the Texans will be (eventually), but the Cardinals are about to see a lot more success than their used to.

If the Cardinals are competing for a SB (I said competing, not actually winning one) and we go 8-8 this year and don't make the playoffs, I will still be very, very happy. Frankly, I generally root for underdogs (long term) anyway so I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals trounce everybody but the Texans for a few years. The minute I hear the word dynasty though, they are enemy #1. The only team that deserves to be a dynasty is the Houston Texans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget the Cardinals have Antrell Rolle, who was out a lot last year. He'll be a monster CB when healthy
Old 05-07-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: They may look great now, but give them about 3 years, when all these high 1st round players salaries start to catch up to them
Old 05-07-2006   #9
texplayer2
Veteran

I read something about the owner not wanting to pay veterans good money until he got a new stadium. New Stadium (after a lot of years), new players. And as for their D., I thought they had a couple pro-bowlers?
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
The minute I hear the word dynasty though, they are enemy #1.
That is pathetic. I was a Patriots fan long before the Texans were even thought of, and I loved to see them rise to be the first modern Dynasty. If you truely root for a team to lose just because they are winners... that is just the epitome of disgust. I would love to see the Texans become Dynasty #2, but I could never think the way you do. Arg.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read