Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Defending agains the Pass!!

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
This is an article on defensive expectations on defensing the pass. Perhaps you can see why we chose Robinson in the draft.

This is a link on who may be impacted the most.

I think when it is all said and done we may be one of the teams who sees a big benifit from the new rules. I think Glenn is a very able defender who can adjust to the new rules and so can Robinson. On the other hand our receivers have been mauled in many a game. I look for us to have a very good season based on the new rules. I could be wrong, but I think our offense will be surprisingly more productive this year for a lot of reasons, but this may be one of the biggest. If you can't lay a hand on AJ, you are in for a long day.

I disagree (respectfully) with Bottle of Bud. That is exactly why we drafted Dunta R. He has the speed & loves to run all day with the receivers. The 3-4 defense is used to clog the middle and defend against run and short screens & over the middle passes. Your c/b has to be able to shut down those receivers going deep with help from the safety on that side. I do agree that it is helpful to pressure the QB & I do expect to see much more of that when the season begins & the regulars play the whole game. :soapbox:

I disagree (respectfully) with Miloy. It doesn't matter if both Robinson and Glenn are the best two cornerbacks in the league if the front seven doesn't get pressure on the QB. The QB in the Denver game had all day long to throw.
On the other side of the coin, Carr was pressured on nearly every play.

The Texans won't be a good team until they start winning the "time-to-throw" battle. And so far, they are losing that battle terribly.

Marcus,
Just a reminder that in Denver we didn't have Payne, Walker, Babin, or Peek. With those 4 in or 3 in you will see pressure on opposing QBs.

Back