Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2004   #1
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Exclamation What Do You Think....

If Texans give up a 2005 draft pick for Sammy Parker of Steelers? He reminds me of DD!!!!
Old 08-29-2004   #2
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life
Default Naaaa

Why give up a draft pick when we already have D.D and a few really good back ups i think it would just be a waste of a roster spot. If were gonna pick any more players up it should be or D line who gets a lil attention.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Give up a pick for someone that reminds a person of a player we already have....

Why not stick with the original DD ver. 1.0?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I agree. RB is a position where we have pretty good depth already. Parker would be better off elsewhere.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #5
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Default Texans need depth at Running back

Who do we have after DD? You know he will get hurt sometime during the season. He takes some punishing hits! Tony Hollings fumbles.Wells gets hurt. We need a good durable back!
Old 08-31-2004   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How are you saying we when your Avatar clearly shows your team is the Patriots?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Hollings hasnt fumbled since the Cowboy game. Give him a break. We have a nice stable of backs...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2004   #8
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the last things I'm worried about right now is the running back spot. We're set at RB, with 2 good ones and one vet that appears to be changing his game for the better. Wells is bigger and tougher than last season. Let's save the draft picks for real needs.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #9
Jwwillis
All Pro

I dont think he is serious. The Texans arn't going to give up draft picks easy. I am concerned with Walkers new contract and his cronic groin problems, not to mention Pane and his ACL. Toss that in with Boselli can you imagine all 3 drawing off the cap and forced to retire due to injury? The blockbuster freeagent aquisition could be one of the worst busts in history. I hope for McNairs sake this doesnt happen to him. He has been the best pro sports owner in the world now for 2yrs and counting.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I echo what everyone else has said. Hollings is a promising young back, and Wells seems to be improving. DD is the main horse, and the two backs in the stable are pretty good too. Perhaps you should have tried to sell Parker to the Cards. I heard they picked up Hambrick and Zellner from the Raiders.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #11
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

wasn`t Wells hurt last yr too? You can never have enough good backs. Seems the RB`s are injury prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
One of the last things I'm worried about right now is the running back spot. We're set at RB, with 2 good ones and one vet that appears to be changing his game for the better. Wells is bigger and tougher than last season. Let's save the draft picks for real needs.
Old 09-01-2004   #12
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

because DD is injury prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Give up a pick for someone that reminds a person of a player we already have....

Why not stick with the original DD ver. 1.0?
Old 09-01-2004   #13
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

I live in Houston Support my local team. Like to see them do well also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
How are you saying we when your Avatar clearly shows your team is the Patriots?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read