Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2006   #1
joshri
Rookie

Default Rookie FA Signings

Is it just me or does anyone else like the Rookie FA signings of Quadtrine Hill and John Walker.

Hill could fit very well in Houston's new system. He is a great pass catcher and adequate blocker.

I could see Walker developing into a pretty good safety. And lord knows we need another one of those.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #2
Mailman04
Veteran

I think those 2 guys have a decent chance of sticking or at least making it to the final cut or two.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I can see Hill making the team but I don't see Walker making the final cut.
Old 05-07-2006   #4
LoneStarState
Veteran

I think the Texans missed a chance by not signing a snot-knocking player like Safety Jaxson Appel. Instead, he signed with the Titans...
Old 05-07-2006   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget about Damien Rhodes. I think he has a good chance of making the team. Morency to me is the biggest question mark right now from last years backs and is not a lock to make the team. Kubiak has a lot of running backs to work with in camp and pick from. DD and Cook are probably the only locks at this point.

The Texans have Davis, Lundy, Morency, Rhodes, Cook, Hill, Taylor and possably A. Smith. One thing I really like about Kubiak is that he is bring in competition at every position. Capers NEVER did that.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I think the Texans missed a chance by not signing a snot-knocking player like Safety Jaxson Appel. Instead, he signed with the Titans...
They didn't sign him, or Slay, becasue we already have two SS on the roster. Gelln Eral and C.C. Brown. Appel, and Slay, will not be able to play FS, the safety pistion we do need help at, in the NFL.

Hence, they were not signed. Makes alot of sense when he just think about it.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
One thing I really like about Kubiak is that he is bring in competition at every position. Capers NEVER did that.
Not only that, but Capers made our worst receiver a starter and even cut players that were better than him (not necesarilly better than like Armstrong for instance though), so he wasn't really giving the young guys that he did bring in to compete a real chance anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2006   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I'm not so sure I'd describe him as snot-knocking. Maybe shoe-string grabbing is a more apt description. The guy's tough as nails, but he didn't have the speed to be a great player in college, and he won't have the speed to be anything more than a special teams player in the NFL.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that we have brought in quite a few players that have a shot at sticking. One common theme with them seems to be that they are team leaders.

One guy that intrigues me is Philip Alexander DE, who had an injury that effected his stock but could stick on the roster.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I fwe are looking for a leader I suggest Devin Conwell from Ashland. A spiritual leader, from what i have read. Played safety and linebacker and posses 4.5-4.6 speed. Just one guy I thought had a good chance at making a camp, yet he has not been picked up. Just an idea.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #11
Rovator
Veteran

I think Walker will get at least a spot on the Practice Squad... he's supposedly a really good athlete, but doesn't know the position well because he was moved around so much in college. A year of NFL coaching, and who knows what can happen.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovator
I think Walker will get at least a spot on the Practice Squad... he's supposedly a really good athlete, but doesn't know the position well because he was moved around so much in college. A year of NFL coaching, and who knows what can happen.
There was a statement that he was the best athlete on the defensive side of the ball at USC which is a pretty good compliment.

I just hope he has a footballers brain in that gifted body.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read