Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2006   #1
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Talking Locking Horns

Kubes has paved the way for a lot of positional competition this year. This should make for some awesome intensity. Who would you like to see or who do yall think is most likely to lock horns this year in training camp? T.J/Spencer might be interesting.

Last edited by Stampede; 05-07-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

TJ against Flanagan.
Old 05-07-2006   #3
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede
Kubes has paved the way for a lot of positional competition this year. This should make for some awesome intensity. Who would you like to see or who do yall think is most likely to lock horns this year in training camp? Johnson/Spencer might be interesting.
Which Johnson are you talking about? Travis Johnson plays on the DL and Spencer plays on the OL--only other Johnson I found was AJ.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #4
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Sorry, TJ/Spencer
Old 05-07-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Robaire Bull-Rushing Winston ... a training day iniation.
Old 05-07-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Which Johnson are you talking about? Travis Johnson plays on the DL and Spencer plays on the OL--only other Johnson I found was AJ.
Even though the poster said the topic was locking horns between positoins in a competitive way, the post indicated he meant that TJ (DL) would be locking horns against Spencer (OL) or Flannagan (OL) the same way he did last year against some large body we brought in undrafted
Old 05-07-2006   #7
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

APeek vs whoever ... Peeks got a nasty streak in him that comes out in TC. A couple of seasons ago, he got in it w/ MNorris & that was pretty intense but maybe in 11 on 11 drills I'd like to see AJ & Peek mix it up. AJs a relentless blocker whom I've seen crack-back on LBs regularly.
Old 05-07-2006   #8
bdiddy
Veteran

I cannot wait until the first day of physical drills with Flanagan beats the crap out of TJ. It will immediately set the tone for our new offensive line.
Old 05-07-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Even though the poster said the topic was locking horns between positoins in a competitive way, the post indicated he meant that TJ (DL) would be locking horns against Spencer (OL) or Flannagan (OL) the same way he did last year against some large body we brought in undrafted
...guess I misunderstood the topic. I thought the poster meant competition among the same postion--i.e., LOT vs LOT, RB vs RB, TE vs TE, etc.--to determine the best player at their respective position.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #10
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...guess I misunderstood the topic. I thought the poster meant competition among the same postion--i.e., LOT vs LOT, RB vs RB, TE vs TE, etc.--to determine the best player at their respective position.
Me too.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #11
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I wanna see Super Mario againts whoever. Other people I want to see is T. Pierce and Ryans, I am really curious about them.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #12
Stampede
Veteran

This is correct. I apologize for not making this clearer.
Old 05-07-2006   #13
Stampede
Veteran

Quote:
This is correct, I apologize for not making myself clearer
Old 05-07-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha Lets all imagine for a second Seth Wand vs. Mario Williams ( vs ), our proable starting LT vs. our probable starting RDE....its so depressing
Old 05-07-2006   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha Lets all imagine for a second Seth Wand vs. Mario Williams ( vs ), our proable starting LT vs. our probable starting RDE....its so depressing
you might be suprised. mario's got a lot of technique to learn during this & the next few offseasons, which should make him as exciting to watch transform during practice as it will be during the season. he wont be able to outrun tackles, or just muscle them over nearly as effectively as he could in college, and playing RDE he'll be going against much quicker tackles on the left side like wand (who is actually very athletic). wand is no orlando pace, but then again mario isnt freeney ... yet. it's going to be fun watching them both learn and evolve at their positions.

i think it's hard to pick a single pair of players, but the key matchups are deffinately in the trenches with all the rookies, new additions, position changes, & coaching changes. if i had to pick one though, it's going to be robaire smith & mike flanagan. they're going to be the anchors, and should be a great pairing.
Old 05-07-2006   #16
newbiefan
Rookie

Do first team offenses go against first team defenses full contact? I always thought that was what the practice squad was for.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read