Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2006   #1
Jeffery
Rookie

Default Player cuts I don't understand

Moran Norris - what happened here? Thought he was an excellent blocker, but he was definetely one dimensional and wasn't used to run or catch much himself.

Tod Washington - Thought he did a pretty decent job as a backup. I can think of several others on the OL I would have cut before him, unless he lost a step later in the season last year.

Jason Anderson - Looked promising last year before he was hurt. Never got to see him play other than preseason.

Jonathan Wells - Has he been signed yet by any other teams? I am surprised he hasn't had more interest than he has had.
Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
Moran Norris - what happened here? Thought he was an excellent blocker, but he was definetely one dimensional and wasn't used to run or catch much himself.

Tod Washington - Thought he did a pretty decent job as a backup. I can think of several others on the OL I would have cut before him, unless he lost a step later in the season last year.

Jason Anderson - Looked promising last year before he was hurt. Never got to see him play other than preseason.

Jonathan Wells - Has he been signed yet by any other teams? I am surprised he hasn't had more interest than he has had.
Norris: you answered your own question. Kubiak requires his FB to be multidimensional and an offensive weapon. See Kyle Johnson.

Washington: Kubiak wants o-linemen who are quick, agile, and able to get out to the second wave of defenders. That's not Todd.

Wells: Not a cutback runner which is a disadvantage in this style of offense.

Anderson: Yeah, I enjoyed watching him too in preseason but he was borderline NFL material before the knee injury.

Last edited by aj.; 05-06-2006 at 01:30 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #3
Doom Capers
Veteran

Wells would probably like to go somewhere and compete for a starting spot. He knows here he doesn't stand a chance.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course he would like to but the reality is that he's a #2/3 back at best - and special teamer. His best bet would be to go to GB or somewhere like that where you have an aging starter and bleh backups (forgot about Gado... I may have to retract).... Plus, that offense would suit him.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #5
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

He needs to go to Canada if he thinks he's a starter
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker
He needs to go to Canada if he thinks he's a starter
I would rather see you in canada...
Old 05-06-2006   #7
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am reserving my judgement until I see what the team looks like during the season. You have to remember Kubiak is new here and has a totally different game plan than the previous texans. He is building HIS team and that requires having HIs players. I'm sure there would be a lot more cuts if the team could affor it. He is doing what he can this year to make this team better and he'll do a little more next year and the next and so on. New coaching staff means new team means new players. I'll trust.... for now
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Wells would probably like to go somewhere and compete for a starting spot. He knows here he doesn't stand a chance.
I would like win the lottery tonight, but I did not buy a ticket.

Wells has had all off-season as unrestricted FA to convince someone to give him a job, he does not even have a job in the NFL, much less a shot at starting. Heck, even Tony Hollings has at least gotten a "we will see if you have anything" contract with the Bears.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
I think that an off-the-field problem may have hastened his departure.

Last edited by Runner; 05-08-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wells may sign on somewhere after June 1st. Heck he may come back to H-Town after he swims in the FA pool.
Old 05-08-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Wells goes to Cleveland or somewhere like that. He is from Ohio.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

You mean his playing the field?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read