Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Player cuts I don't understand

Jeffery

Practice Squad
Moran Norris - what happened here? Thought he was an excellent blocker, but he was definetely one dimensional and wasn't used to run or catch much himself.

Tod Washington - Thought he did a pretty decent job as a backup. I can think of several others on the OL I would have cut before him, unless he lost a step later in the season last year.

Jason Anderson - Looked promising last year before he was hurt. Never got to see him play other than preseason.

Jonathan Wells - Has he been signed yet by any other teams? I am surprised he hasn't had more interest than he has had.

Jeffery said:
Moran Norris - what happened here? Thought he was an excellent blocker, but he was definetely one dimensional and wasn't used to run or catch much himself.

Tod Washington - Thought he did a pretty decent job as a backup. I can think of several others on the OL I would have cut before him, unless he lost a step later in the season last year.

Jason Anderson - Looked promising last year before he was hurt. Never got to see him play other than preseason.

Jonathan Wells - Has he been signed yet by any other teams? I am surprised he hasn't had more interest than he has had.

Norris: you answered your own question. Kubiak requires his FB to be multidimensional and an offensive weapon. See Kyle Johnson.

Washington: Kubiak wants o-linemen who are quick, agile, and able to get out to the second wave of defenders. That's not Todd.

Wells: Not a cutback runner which is a disadvantage in this style of offense.

Anderson: Yeah, I enjoyed watching him too in preseason but he was borderline NFL material before the knee injury.

Wells would probably like to go somewhere and compete for a starting spot. He knows here he doesn't stand a chance.

Of course he would like to but the reality is that he's a #2/3 back at best - and special teamer. His best bet would be to go to GB or somewhere like that where you have an aging starter and bleh backups (forgot about Gado... I may have to retract).... Plus, that offense would suit him.

I am reserving my judgement until I see what the team looks like during the season. You have to remember Kubiak is new here and has a totally different game plan than the previous texans. He is building HIS team and that requires having HIs players. I'm sure there would be a lot more cuts if the team could affor it. He is doing what he can this year to make this team better and he'll do a little more next year and the next and so on. New coaching staff means new team means new players. I'll trust.... for now:)

Doom Capers said:
Wells would probably like to go somewhere and compete for a starting spot. He knows here he doesn't stand a chance.

I would like win the lottery tonight, but I did not buy a ticket.

Wells has had all off-season as unrestricted FA to convince someone to give him a job, he does not even have a job in the NFL, much less a shot at starting. Heck, even Tony Hollings has at least gotten a "we will see if you have anything" contract with the Bears.

Jeffery said:

I think that an off-the-field problem may have hastened his departure.

Back