Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans and our predicted schedule

Now that the 2006 draft is in the books, and FA has settled down (a little), we should be able to look at the teams and make a more educated guess as to where we will stand at the end of the season. Our schedule is so tough that despite being vastly improved in 2006, I still think we still might have a losing record. Once calculating in my predictions for team chemistry by the end of the season, however, I think this is what will happen:

Eagles: Finished 2005 6-10. This team lost Terrell Owens, which could be a good or bad thing. They made key DL additions with Darren Howard and Broderick Buntley. On the OL, Winston Justice and MJG are great additions, but may not start game 1. Gaffney isn't much of a replacement for TO, but a healthy McNabb may make him better. This will be a tough game for the rebuilt Texans, Prediction: Loss

Colts: Finished 2005 13-3. Losing Edge was key, but they retained their passing attack and we didn't make any significant changes to our secondary. Our improved pass rush will definitely help, but facing them this early in the season in Indianopolis, Prediction = Loss

Redskins: Finished 2005 10-6. This is my pick for the NFC East, as they acquired a lot of offensive help to go along with their great defense. Also, they hired even better coaches than before. QB is the only position of concern, but with that defense, I don't predict too much difficulty. Prediction: Loss

Dolphins: Finished 2005 9-7. Picking up Culpepper was huge for them, but reports have indicated he may not be ready to play full strength until October. Couple this with the loss of Ricky Williams and some key members of their defensive secondary, and they may have a tough time in the beginning. They had a pretty good draft, going Safety and WR with Allen and Hagan, but I think the Texans will be able to hassle Harrington (if he's there) and thus Prediction = Win

Cowboys: Finished 2005 9-7. The Cowboys signed TO, which in an of itself should be enough to put any team over the top. By this week of the year, however, Bledsoe+Parcells+TO may = catastrophe. Our DL will be playing on all cyclinders by this time, and so we should hassle Bledsoe a lot. The loss of Ngyun + Poor Draft + Texans rivalry (I guarantee you we will try harder in this game than any of the others), I have to say...Prediction = Win (this one could go either way)

Jaguars: Finished 2005 12-4. They lost Akin Ayodele, but picked up some OL and DL help, along with another CB. Had an average draft, but nothing game changing. We always manage to play to their level, no matter how good they are that year, and being at home in battle red, Prediction = Win

Titans: Finished 2005 4-12. The Titans have had a very productive offseason so far, and had a very decent draft (if extremely risky!). I predict McNair will go to Baltimore, and Volek will be starting at this point in the season. We will be playing in Tennessee, but given their situation, Prediction = Win

Giants: Finished 2005 11-5. Signed Will Demps and Arrington. Manning and Barber will continue to play well, and Manning to Shockey (along with Sinorice Moss) will be our downfall. Prdiction = Loss

Jaguars: Finished 2005 12-4. See above, but playing Jacksonville, so I will give them the edge here, Prediction = Loss

Bills: Finished 2005 season at 5-11. They have now lost Milloy, Moulds, and had one of the seemingly worst drafts of any team. They replaced Milloy with Whitner, and Sam Adams with McCargo, but didn't make any significant improvements to their horrible OL. Prediction = Win

Jets: Finished 2005 4-12. Lost a lot key players, including Abraham, and Pennington and Martin are still huge question marks. They did solidify their line through the draft, but will lack playmakers on both sides of the ball, and thus Prediction = Win

Raiders: Finished 2005 4-12, They have now lost Collins and Woodson, and have only really added Brooks. Huff was a great addition, but they needed help at both HB and QB. I see some problems out West, and Prediction = Win

Titans: Finished 2005 4-12. See Above, although the Titans will be in Houston and I think by this point in time Young will be starting. He may not have a stellar rookie career, but something inside of him will go off like it did in the Rose Bowl, and he will want to prove something in Houston. This game will receive a lot of attention, but Young's winning ability will be enough, and Prediction = Loss

Patriots: Finished 2005 10-6. They lost some key players, but their coaches are amazing. No matter what happens to that team, they will always be a contender. Jackson was a great pickup in the middle of the second round to replace Givens. Maroney will be a great replacement for Dillon. Prediction = Loss

Colts: Finished 2005 13-3. See above, but I think the Colts will have clinched a playoff berth by this time, and we will be in Houston. Prediction = Win

Browns: Finished 2005 season 6-10. They have arguably the best chance of any team to go most improved. By this point in time, however, I think the Texans will be on a roll and will want to finish the season strong. Our team will be playing well together, and the Browns problems at QB will result into a Predictin = Win

Predicted Season Totals (minimum) -> predicted -> maximum: 6-10 -> 9-7 -> 10-6

6-10 (View predicted, but losses to Miami, Dallas, and Cleveland)
9-7 (see Above)
10-6 (Win against Tennesse in Houston)

Last edited by gtexan02; 05-05-2006 at 01:00 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

either way these results show improvement if what you say holds true. 6-10 with two 3 game win streaks is an improvement over any one of our seasons. 9-7 is a winning record for the first time. 10-6 basically says "Don't ever tell us who to draft again."
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Dolphins: Finished 2005 9-7. Picking up Culpepper was huge for them, but reports have indicated he may not be ready to play full strength until October. Couple this with the loss of Ricky Williams and some key members of their defensive secondary, and they may have a tough time in the beginning. They had a pretty good draft, going Safety and WR with Allen and Hagan, but I think the Texans will be able to hassle Harrington (if he's there) and thus Prediction = Win

whether it be culpepper or cleo lemon (who IMO would start over harrington), miami will dominate houston, sorry to say. the secondary is better than last year's, so that's not a good reason. loss of ricky williams? meet ronnie brown.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna

whether it be culpepper or cleo lemon (who IMO would start over harrington), miami will dominate houston, sorry to say. the secondary is better than last year's, so that's not a good reason. loss of ricky williams? meet ronnie brown.
Based on what the media has been claiming, Culpepper will be ready in mid October. Also based on the contract agreement with Harrington, I think he will be the starter on the late September meeting. Carr and harrington are very familiary with each other, except I think Harrington has hit his ceiling arleady. How exactly is the secondary improved? In the past two years you've lost Surtain and Madison, two top corners in the league, and replaced them with Will Allen and rookie Allen. Meet Ronnie Brown, who, even through college, has never carried the full load. Thats why Ricky had such stellar numbers last year. Like I said, it will be close, but I think I give the edge to the Texans in this one, just because it'll be so early in the season
Old 05-05-2006   #5
eltoro
Rookie

I don't think we go past 5-11 this year with that schedule. The fish will most likely beat us at home and I don't think we are ready (yet) to take out the Colts. However, I would prefer your predictions come true!
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

as much as i would like to agree or whatever on predictions i cant i mean honestly nobody knows how quickly this team will come together and everyone get on the same page. NOW we are much better than last year so we could go 16-0 or 0-16, nobody can really say at this point. All i know is that i am more excited about this year than any of the previous !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Everyone's responses have been "its impossible to tell." Well, obviously! But thats the fun of this, trying to guess the outcome based on all the information we currently have. We can't truly know until the season is over, but by then, there will be no predicting left to do! What do ya'll think of the predictions, given what we know?
Old 05-05-2006   #8
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

We might have a winning streak when we play the Bills, Jets, Raiders, Titans.................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #9
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Now that the 2006 draft is in the books, and FA has settled down (a little), we should be able to look at the teams and make a more educated guess as to where we will stand at the end of the season. Our schedule is so tough that despite being vastly improved in 2006, I still think we still might have a losing record. Once calculating in my predictions for team chemistry by the end of the season, however, I think this is what will happen:

Eagles: Finished 2005 6-10. This team lost Terrell Owens, which could be a good or bad thing. They made key DL additions with Darren Howard and Broderick Buntley. On the OL, Winston Justice and MJG are great additions, but may not start game 1. Gaffney isn't much of a replacement for TO, but a healthy McNabb may make him better. This will be a tough game for the rebuilt Texans, Prediction: Loss

Colts: Finished 2005 13-3. Losing Edge was key, but they retained their passing attack and we didn't make any significant changes to our secondary. Our improved pass rush will definitely help, but facing them this early in the season in Indianopolis, Prediction = Loss

Redskins: Finished 2005 10-6. This is my pick for the NFC East, as they acquired a lot of offensive help to go along with their great defense. Also, they hired even better coaches than before. QB is the only position of concern, but with that defense, I don't predict too much difficulty. Prediction: Loss

Cowboys: Finished 2005 9-7. The Cowboys signed TO, which in an of itself should be enough to put any team over the top. By this week of the year, however, Bledsoe+Parcells+TO may = catastrophe. Our DL will be playing on all cyclinders by this time, and so we should hassle Bledsoe a lot. The loss of Ngyun + Poor Draft + Texans rivalry (I guarantee you we will try harder in this game than any of the others), I have to say...Prediction = Win (this one could go either way)

Jaguars: Finished 2005 12-4. They lost Akin Ayodele, but picked up some OL and DL help, along with another CB. Had an average draft, but nothing game changing. We always manage to play to their level, no matter how good they are that year, and being at home in battle red, Prediction = Win

Titans: Finished 2005 4-12. The Titans have had a very productive offseason so far, and had a very decent draft (if extremely risky!). I predict McNair will go to Baltimore, and Volek will be starting at this point in the season. We will be playing in Tennessee, but given their situation, Prediction = Win

Giants: Finished 2005 11-5. Signed Will Demps and Arrington. Manning and Barber will continue to play well, and Manning to Shockey (along with Sinorice Moss) will be our downfall. Prdiction = Loss

Jaguars: Finished 2005 12-4. See above, but playing Jacksonville, so I will give them the edge here, Prediction = Loss

Bills: Finished 2005 season at 5-11. They have now lost Milloy, Moulds, and had one of the seemingly worst drafts of any team. They replaced Milloy with Whitner, and Sam Adams with McCargo, but didn't make any significant improvements to their horrible OL. Prediction = Win

Jets: Finished 2005 4-12. Lost a lot key players, including Abraham, and Pennington and Martin are still huge question marks. They did solidify their line through the draft, but will lack playmakers on both sides of the ball, and thus Prediction = Win

Raiders: Finished 2005 4-12, They have now lost Collins and Woodson, and have only really added Brooks. Huff was a great addition, but they needed help at both HB and QB. I see some problems out West, and Prediction = Win

Titans: Finished 2005 4-12. See Above, although the Titans will be in Houston and I think by this point in time Young will be starting. He may not have a stellar rookie career, but something inside of him will go off like it did in the Rose Bowl, and he will want to prove something in Houston. This game will receive a lot of attention, but Young's winning ability will be enough, and Prediction = Loss

Patriots: Finished 2005 10-6. They lost some key players, but their coaches are amazing. No matter what happens to that team, they will always be a contender. Jackson was a great pickup in the middle of the second round to replace Givens. Maroney will be a great replacement for Dillon. Prediction = Loss

Colts: Finished 2005 13-3. See above, but I think the Colts will have clinched a playoff berth by this time, and we will be in Houston. Prediction = Win

Browns: Finished 2005 season 6-10. They have arguably the best chance of any team to go most improved. By this point in time, however, I think the Texans will be on a roll and will want to finish the season strong. Our team will be playing well together, and the Browns problems at QB will result into a Predictin = Win

9-7 (see Above)
Eagles game I disagree. We will use our ends and play a contain game with pressure up the middle. McNair's nightmare so to speak. Win

Colts the game will be close, but Manning will not like what is happening with our rushing game and the loss of James will be felt and they will not have adjusted at this early point in the season. They will take us too lightly. Win

Redskins I agree will be a loss. Gibbs is one of the old guard and will not take us lightly. We will have a let down after beating the Colts. Loss

Dolphins I agree with you. We will have our feet on the ground after the loss to the Redskins and we will rededicate ourselves to playing the game. Win

Cowboys I agree this will be a very tough game against one of the best strategy coaches in the game. There will be a great deal of emotion surrounding the game. We will win this game or it will be a big time loss. Loss

Jaguars I agree with you. Win

Titans I agree with you. Win

Giants I don't agree with you. Manning will have a bad day because of our pass rush and he will prove to be like any other QB that has pressure. Our running and passing game will be clicking by this point in the season and Barber will begin to show his age. He disappears in some games. We will have a much better run defense this year. Win

Jaguars I will disagree with because we will have too many weapons by that point and firing on all cylinders, but it will be close. Lefty is the 1 QB we seemed to have caused a lot of trouble for. I think he fears us. Win

Bills, Jets, Raiders I agree. Win, Win, Win

Titans will not even be close at this point in the season on our home field. Our defense will be the surprise of the season. The Titans have a lot of growing to do this will not be their year and they won't have McNair to bring them from behind. Vince is good, but like Elway in his 1st year he will still be learning the game. Win

Pats by this time in the season will have a lot of injuries and their lack of depth will catch up with them. We will have simply too many weapons against them. Their coach is amazing, however, and could pull an upset. Win

Colts will be struggling at this point and the game is in Houston and we are on a run. The loss of the running game makes Manning extemely vulnerable and he is having temper tantrums over the lack of protection. He gets eaten alive by our defensive pressure and feels the pain of Payne up the middle. The Houston fans make the game a nightmare for him. Win

Bowns have our number and we will have a let down after beating the Colts. We will be regrouping after this game to enter the play offs. This team for some reason seems to have our number. Loss

I guess that means I believe 13 - 3 will be our record. That should get us into the playoffs. Who knows what we can do then, but don't be surprised.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #10
real

So we SWEEP the colts....??? I think your love for the texans has blinded you....13-3....I know anything can happen, but either you know something the rest of us don't or ur just NUTS....for the texans
Old 05-05-2006   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

9-7 (see Above)
You are fooling yourself. I will stick to my prediction -- Texans double their win total to 4-12.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Eagles game I disagree. We will use our ends and play a contain game with pressure up the middle. McNair's nightmare so to speak. Win

Colts the game will be close, but Manning will not like what is happening with our rushing game and the loss of James will be felt and they will not have adjusted at this early point in the season. They will take us too lightly. Win

Redskins I agree will be a loss. Gibbs is one of the old guard and will not take us lightly. We will have a let down after beating the Colts. Loss

Dolphins I agree with you. We will have our feet on the ground after the loss to the Redskins and we will rededicate ourselves to playing the game. Win

Cowboys I agree this will be a very tough game against one of the best strategy coaches in the game. There will be a great deal of emotion surrounding the game. We will win this game or it will be a big time loss. Loss

Jaguars I agree with you. Win

Titans I agree with you. Win

Giants I don't agree with you. Manning will have a bad day because of our pass rush and he will prove to be like any other QB that has pressure. Our running and passing game will be clicking by this point in the season and Barber will begin to show his age. He disappears in some games. We will have a much better run defense this year. Win

Jaguars I will disagree with because we will have too many weapons by that point and firing on all cylinders, but it will be close. Lefty is the 1 QB we seemed to have caused a lot of trouble for. I think he fears us. Win

Bills, Jets, Raiders I agree. Win, Win, Win

Titans will not even be close at this point in the season on our home field. Our defense will be the surprise of the season. The Titans have a lot of growing to do this will not be their year and they won't have McNair to bring them from behind. Vince is good, but like Elway in his 1st year he will still be learning the game. Win

Pats by this time in the season will have a lot of injuries and their lack of depth will catch up with them. We will have simply too many weapons against them. Their coach is amazing, however, and could pull an upset. Win

Colts will be struggling at this point and the game is in Houston and we are on a run. The loss of the running game makes Manning extemely vulnerable and he is having temper tantrums over the lack of protection. He gets eaten alive by our defensive pressure and feels the pain of Payne up the middle. The Houston fans make the game a nightmare for him. Win

Bowns have our number and we will have a let down after beating the Colts. We will be regrouping after this game to enter the play offs. This team for some reason seems to have our number. Loss

I guess that means I believe 13 - 3 will be our record. That should get us into the playoffs. Who knows what we can do then, but don't be surprised.
"When you wish ... upon a star ..."
Old 05-05-2006   #13
Bobo
Hall of Fame

It's one thing to "root, cheer" and urge them to "try, try to win every game." That's part of being a fan. And you can even hope they go 13-3. But this team hasn't improved nearly enough to go 9-7. And 13-3? Please. This reminds me exactly of last year when folks were predicting the same kind of records and playoff appearances when they had absolutely no reason to do so. This kind of thing only sets Kubiak up for failure. If Kubiak gets, say, six wins (reasonable accomplishment, more than I think he'll get) then folks will say he failed because he didn't get them to a winning season. The expectations last year were way overblown and any prediction of more than six wins this year is pretty unrealistic.

Last edited by Bobo; 05-05-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2006   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Posts like this (Texans 13-3, 9-7) make me wonder about the overall intelligence of Texans fandom. I mean, it's one thing to "root, cheer" and urge them to "try, try to win every game." That's part of being a fan. But this team hasn't improved nearly enough to go 9-7. And 13-3? Please ...

ok buddy why are u even on this board let all the people have their fun ! yes some arent very realistic but oh well, its just like little kids wanting to be astronauts when they are little. Plus we do have a very improved team and i dont think i have ever heard anything positive from you, so if indeed ur a fan why dont u show some support from them every once in a while !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #15
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Wow, talk about optimistic!

I think 6-10 will be about right. Kubiak isn't going to work miracles in just one off season.
Old 05-05-2006   #16
dwilt72
Veteran

I think 6-10 is about as best we can hope for.....that video was depressing. It's a shame that RB won't be making those kinds of moves for us.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #17
dwilt72
Veteran

I think 6-10 is about as best we can hope for.....that video was depressing. It's a shame that RB won't be making those kinds of moves for us.
Old 05-05-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

How about this one then

Philadelphia - L
@ Indianapolis - L
Washington - L
Miami - W/L
@Dallas - W/L
Jacksonville - W
@Tennessee - W
@NY Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - W
@NY Jets - W
@Oakland - W/L
Tennessee - L
@New England - L
Indianapolis - W/L
Cleveland - W/L

Worst record: 5-11, Best record: 9-7
Old 05-05-2006   #19
dwilt72
Veteran

5-11....probably about right.
Old 05-05-2006   #20
Bobo
Hall of Fame

>its just like little kids wanting to be astronauts when they are little.

Oh, I get it. Unrealistic as all heck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read