Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-05-2006   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default the Kastofsna Prediction/Analysis thread

Just for fun i went back through his post history and pulled out some of the more interesting quotes

no need to worry. he'll be a bust and will be out of the league in 3 to 4 years.

psst: merriweather is only the 3rd best safety on his team.

unfortunately for williams, the only stat that people care about with DE's are sacks. he could be in for a long road. fortunately, i don't think bush will last the whole season.

adams and crowder are both very overrated. crowder will take a rod wrightish nosedive.

i can't see winston playing LT.

he's pretty awesome. but desmond bishop is better.

i don't know why anyone would give up a 1st day pick for him.

reddick is the best on the team right now, and one of the best in the country

meriweather should start at SS with reddick at FS. phillips is probably going to end up the best of all 3 (and potentially better than ed reed and sean taylor), but no reason to use up the time of reddick.

i already have williams as my #4 linebacker prospect for next year, i'm anticipating an early entry.

nice draft for tennessee. managed to get the two most overrated players in the draft in the first two rounds..

joe thomas will be a top 3 pick, along with quinn and possibly calvin johnson. seriously thomas is 10x the player d'brickashaw ferguson is. but steve smith is a 2nd rounder at best....jarrett is the star of USC's corps.

marshawn lynch, best back in college.

deangelo williams will be better than bush.

he's going to dominate. he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. at all.

my mock is a disaster, because there are going to be some BIG trades. BIG ones.

as a hurricane fan myself, i can say mario williams is a dominant force. but manny lawson is better. hopefully the dolphins know this.

MJG is a future hall of famer. book it. i don't care what system he's in. he'll be one of those larry allen-esque lock-for-the-pro-bowl-every-year-even-when-he-sucks players.

miami won't take tye hill. why? because nick saban has a few brain cells to rub together.

i have never been wrong about anyone. ever.

leinart is the best player in the draft.

cutler is going #3 or #4.

the titans won't want young.

cutler is going in the top 4. titans or jets.

several former players like cutler most out of the top 3. i think a lot of teams agree with them.

it's either the titans or jets for leinart, folks.

they've said they love young, they've said they love leinart, they've said they love cutler, etc. they're covering all their bases. cutler seems like the obvious choice here.

so my question is basically this...do you make a single post without predicting/analyzing something? Your already making predictions for the 07 draft when you just got your chops busted on the 06 draft.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
I predict things like miss cleo....wrong and often
Old 05-05-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that Kasofsna's answer will be a prediction of some kind.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #4
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
What about this one?
lol, actually I gave him that for losing a bet...i found it fitting.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 05-05-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07

so my question is basically this...do you make a single post without predicting/analyzing something? Your already making predictions for the 07 draft when you just got your chops busted on the 06 draft.
What I want to know, is when did you stop listening to him. When he said that Vince wasn't going in the top 5(I think he may have said not in the top 10).... I knew he didn't know crap about football players, and what coaches look at.

Can the kid help you win games?? there isn't a QB in the draft that beats Vince in that aspect......... not one, and Reggie Bush is a close second.
Old 05-05-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

a lot of those aren't even predictions. mostly just opinions.

and even i changed my predictions on where young would go.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Can the kid help you win games?? there isn't a QB in the draft that beats Vince in that aspect......... not one, and Reggie Bush is a close second.
oh please. when young played poorly, texas still won easily. enough of this "he's a winner" nonsense. why was he a winner? HE PLAYED AT TEXAS. period. he's a winner just like matt mauck is a winner. luckily he'll be out of the league in a few years so we don't have to hear the ridiculous hype on this moron anymore. luckily for you guys, you get to face him 4 or 5 times before he's done.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2006   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
a lot of those aren't even predictions. mostly just opinions.

and even i changed my predictions on where young would go.

A valid point....If i had a little more time, I could find posts where you directly contradict yourself. Im sure if i actually looked hard enough, I could find you taking every side of every prediction, just so you could be right in the end....Posts declaring Cutler, Young, and Leinart to all be going to to titans. It doesnt bother me when people have opinions..as a matter of fact, thats what makes this place great. You just strike me as the type of person so desperate to be right about something you stick your hand in every cookie jar you can find. Pick a side man... Does young have no chance ever of going in the top 10, or is he going to the titans at 3? Which one of your posts are we supposed to believe?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 05-05-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
A valid point....If i had a little more time, I could find posts where you directly contradict yourself. Im sure if i actually looked hard enough, I could find you taking every side of every prediction, just so you could be right in the end....Posts declaring Cutler, Young, and Leinart to all be going to to titans. It doesnt bother me when people have opinions..as a matter of fact, thats what makes this place great. You just strike me as the type of person so desperate to be right about something you stick your hand in every cookie jar you can find. Pick a side man... Does young have no chance ever of going in the top 10, or is he going to the titans at 3? Which one of your posts are we supposed to believe?
actually that's the only issue i've "contradicted" myself on. things change, which is why i changed my mock.

whatever. i knew long ago that the lions loved sims, the browns loved wimbley, the ravens loved ngata, the eagles loved justice, the steelers loved holmes, the bears loved hester, the raiders weren't taking a QB...really aside from my initial young out of the top 10 prediction, i've been pretty spot-on, thank you very much.
Old 05-05-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
oh please. when young played poorly, texas still won easily. enough of this "he's a winner" nonsense. why was he a winner? HE PLAYED AT TEXAS. period. he's a winner just like matt mauck is a winner. luckily he'll be out of the league in a few years so we don't have to hear the ridiculous hype on this moron anymore. luckily for you guys, you get to face him 4 or 5 times before he's done.
Yeah, I think you changed your opinion on Vince after the Tags said..... with the third selection..........

& if I were you, I'd stop making predictions about Vince...... he's been proving you, and people like you wrong again and again.... you say he won't do it, and it's all but gauranteed that he will.
Old 05-05-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
actually that's the only issue i've "contradicted" myself on. things change, which is why i changed my mock.

whatever. i knew long ago that the lions loved sims, the browns loved wimbley, the ravens loved ngata, the eagles loved justice, the steelers loved holmes, the bears loved hester, the raiders weren't taking a QB...really aside from my initial young out of the top 10 prediction, i've been pretty spot-on, thank you very much.
What about leinart or cutler being a lock for the jets or titans at 3 and 4? If you make enough guess and take enough sides you'll hit on some of them.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 05-05-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah that was pretty much in the same thread. things changed since then, i guess you didn't read that. as soon as the titans were assured to take young, everything changed.
Old 05-05-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
yeah that was pretty much in the same thread. things changed since then, i guess you didn't read that. as soon as the titans were assured to take young, everything changed.
Spin it however you like man...i dont want to turn this into some bitter personal thing...im just saying, history can find you on both sides of a lot of different issues, and at the end of it you always manage to be "right".

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 05-05-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
..i dont want to turn this into some bitter personal thing...
I think you sort of got yourself into this. You started a thread with a title that was a personal attack at another board member, thats about as personal as it gets. I would expect the mods to be none-to-pleased, either
Old 05-05-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Spin it however you like man...i dont want to turn this into some bitter personal thing...im just saying, history can find you on both sides of a lot of different issues, and at the end of it you always manage to be "right".
of course you wouldn't want to make this personal. what with making a thread with my name in the title, and calling me out for the young prediction in another thread completely unrelated to anything.

and i've already admitted to having a horrible mock, how did i admit i was right? what i said last is what's true. i had the jets taking cutler. that was wrong. just because in an older mock i had the jets taking ferguson and cutler falling to #11, does that mean i'm right, too? no, i got it wrong, period. i don't contradict myself.
Old 05-05-2006   #16
Trapped
Veteran

every man is entitled to their own opinion. all of us want to be gm's, that's what these message boards are for. Leave Kasto alone, he has been a good dolphin/texan fan.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it funny, but not at your expense Kastofsna. At least he got your name right this time.

I am sure I have had many misguided opinions and facts in my time.
Old 05-11-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditto, I hope I don't get picked apart. Still believe Bud and the boys
reached big with VY, we'll see. If that got us closer to Ryans and the O-lineman, I'm a very happy camper.
The frist sign will be if Fischer er-ups or moves on. JMHO, Reese saved him from a very big fall. On the positive side we get to see him twice a year now.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #19
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I agree Reggie will Bust
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read