Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Press causing Fan suffering!

Now we are back in the doldrums wondering what is happening with our team and the coaching staff. But they aren't probably talking to anyone after the Williams fiasco with the press. As so many have stated earlier it would certainly nice to have some follow ups of what is going on with the Texans now that the new coaching staff is in place. We have had a few glimpses, but no real in depth interviews with people like Smith and Sherman. How are the old and new guys blending together, and perhaps more importantly, how is Carr looking as far as learning the new offense.

Last edited by Ibar_Harry; 05-05-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes you wonder about the Chronicle in other areas of news. Maybe Houstonians are living under big brutha more than y'all think.
Old 05-05-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive seen a lot of Casserly/McNair interviews recently, and while they aren't letting on a whole lot about whats going on now, I'm sure its just because things are a little slow. Our MiniCamp isnt for another month, and with all the Williams vs. Bush debate, the other stuff gets left out.
Old 05-05-2006   #4
donbmt
Veteran

"How are the old and new guys blending....."? How about let's give them a chance to meet each other?
Old 05-05-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbmt
"How are the old and new guys blending....."? How about let's give them a chance to meet each other?
Press: So, Mario how are you getting along with your opponent in practice, Spencer?

Mario: Um....I don't know. Not to be rude, but who is that?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #6
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Now we are back in the doldrums wondering what is happening with our team and the coaching staff. But they aren't probably talking to anyone after the Williams fiasco with the press. As so many have stated earlier it would certainly nice to have some follow ups of what is going on with the Texans now that the new coaching staff is in place. We have had a few glimpses, but no real in depth interviews with people like Smith and Sherman. How are the old and new guys blending together, and perhaps more importantly, how is Carr looking as far as learning the new offense.
To be honest I'm not that bothered at the moment - I want them concentrating on the team. I accept that a few warm words here or there would reassure us that all is progressing as it should.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Ive seen a lot of Casserly/McNair interviews recently, and while they aren't letting on a whole lot about whats going on now, I'm sure its just because things are a little slow. Our MiniCamp isnt for another month, and with all the Williams vs. Bush debate, the other stuff gets left out.

There have been a number of comments by non-draftees that may be there is a mini-camp next week or the following week. That is another example of I'm really curious to know if it is true.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2006   #8
eltoro
Rookie

Actually, I think I am somewhat relieved not to have too much Texans' coverage right now. We could all use a couple of weeks of "down time."
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There have been a number of comments by non-draftees that may be there is a mini-camp next week or the following week. That is another example of I'm really curious to know if it is true.
I was just going by this list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9413184

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl.com
2006 NFL MINICAMP SCHEDULE
(All camps include rookies and veterans unless otherwise noted)
Arizona Cardinals May 5-7
Atlanta Falcons May 13-15 (rookies); June 6-8
Balitmore Ravens May 13-15 (rookies); June 6-8
Buffalo Bills May 5-7 (rookies); June 12-14
Carolina Panthers May 5-7
Chicago Bears May 5-7 (rookies); June 2-4
Cincinnati Bengals May 13-15 (rookies); June 15-17
Cleveland Browns May 5-7 (rookies); June 16-18
Dallas Cowboys May 5-7 (rookies); June 2-4
Denver Broncos July 6-8
Detroit Lions May 5-7 (rookies); May 31-June 2
Green Bay Packers May 5-7
Houston Texans June 7-9
Indianapolis Colts May 5-7 (rookies); May 19-21
Jacksonville Jaguars May 12-14
Kansas City Chiefs May 12-14 (rookies); May 19-21
Miami Dolphins May 5-7 (rookies); June 9-11
Minnesota Vikings May 13-15 (rookies); May 12-14
New England Patriots May 13-15 (rookies); June 13-15
New Orleans Saints May 13-15 (rookies); June 2-4
New York Giants May 13-15 (rookies); June 14-16
New York Jets May 12-14 (rookies); June 15-17
Oakland Raiders May 5-7
Philadelphia Eagles May 13-15
Pittsburgh Steelers May 13-15
St. Louis Rams May 13-15 (rookies); June 9-11
San Diego Chargers May 13-15 (rookies); June 9-11
San Francisco 49ers May 5-7
Seattle Seahawks May 5-7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers May 5-7 (rookies); June 20-22
Tennessee Titans May 5-6 (rookies)
Washington Redskins May 5-7 (rookies); June 16-18
Old 05-05-2006   #10
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Thanks! I think one of the Non-draft picks mentioned May 11. Perhaps he was mixed up and another one was talking about around May 7th. I've been scratching my head, because I haven't seen any other comments to that affect. May be they are asking them to report to the weight room and they think that is a mini-camp.
Old 05-06-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

eltoro, your avatar is really ugly.

Whoever made that is a "Paint" hack.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:

What is interesting is Denver shows a July date as their 1st date and we show a June date as the 1st date of any kind of camp. All the other teams show a rookie camp or something happening in May. Are we having a rookie Camp or not? One Draftee and one non-draftee have mentioned a camp this month but I have seen no other indication of this. Anyone have anymore knowledge on this issue. Particularly in light of the fact that Kubiak is allowed two additional Mini-camps since the Texans have a new head coach.
Old 05-06-2006   #13
bdiddy
Veteran

There has been little media coverage lately because no one knows what is going to happen. Until the new team gets on the field and starts playing it will be a guessing game and the new regime is not into letting you know their thoughts as they go through evaluations. What until training camp, I am sure there will be mad crazy Texans coverage.
Old 05-06-2006   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
There has been little media coverage lately because no one knows what is going to happen. Until the new team gets on the field and starts playing it will be a guessing game and the new regime is not into letting you know their thoughts as they go through evaluations. What until training camp, I am sure there will be mad crazy Texans coverage.
While others are showing a Rookie Mini-camp we are not. Do you know what the store is on that?
Old 05-07-2006   #15
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure about the Texans however we are getting plenty of Titans news here in Austin.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #16
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Rookie Mini-camp, mainly for team to get them focused and ready for next mini-camp when Rookies and Veterans work together. You know stuff like when eating lunch don't put hands in front of mouths of defensive personnel....LOL
Old 05-07-2006   #17
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Not sure about the Texans however we are getting plenty of Titans news here in Austin.

I heard when Vince had his 1st rookie practice, Austin TV station sent a crew to cover it. What I wonder is how they spinning bad passes and fumbled snaps..."That bad pass was a result of the WR running correct route and Vince not knowing how to read coverages under throwing it" OR "fumbled snap is all centers fault, he has been doing this since age 6 you think he would have it down by now" ROFLMAO
Old 05-07-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Thanks! I think one of the Non-draft picks mentioned May 11. Perhaps he was mixed up and another one was talking about around May 7th. I've been scratching my head, because I haven't seen any other comments to that affect. May be they are asking them to report to the weight room and they think that is a mini-camp.
I thought I had heard that OTAs (Organized Team Activities) started May 11 but mini camps won't be until June. I don't know exactly what the differences, probably just what level of stuff they are supposed to be able to do.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #19
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
I heard when Vince had his 1st rookie practice, Austin TV station sent a crew to cover it. What I wonder is how they spinning bad passes and fumbled snaps..."That bad pass was a result of the WR running correct route and Vince not knowing how to read coverages under throwing it" OR "fumbled snap is all centers fault, he has been doing this since age 6 you think he would have it down by now" ROFLMAO
Instead of "spinning" anything bad maybe they just didn't show the bad stuff because what I saw looked pretty darn good.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I thought I had heard that OTAs (Organized Team Activities) started May 11 but mini camps won't be until June. I don't know exactly what the differences, probably just what level of stuff they are supposed to be able to do.
Thanks! Only two teams are not showing mini-camps or rookie camps until June or July and that's Houston and Denver respectively. Only Megan is writing any reports in the Chronicle and McClain is on his Casserly thing with an article about that, but shifts to everyone else with respect to news. Like I said I wonder if its a cold shoulder time for Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read