Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2006   #1
jahonjabali

Default Supplemental Draft?

When is the Supplemental Draft? Is Ahmad Brooks going to be in it....also for us to get him, what would we have to give up?
Old 05-05-2006   #2
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

What's the big deal with Ahmad Brooks? I seem to remember him having a lack luster season the last time he played, with people saying that he had stopped working hard to improve. And didn't he get kicked off his football team for substance abuse? I'll pass thanks, and I think this coaching staff will too. They seem to be targetting players on the rise with good character, who are leaders on and off the field. Sounds like Brooks doesn't fit that mold.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahonjabali
When is the Supplemental Draft? Is Ahmad Brooks going to be in it....also for us to get him, what would we have to give up?
Family or agent ? After Tony Hollings, I think it is very wise to hold your draft picks and make wise decisions with them. But, that's just me. I kinda like what we got this year. Trading your ammo away a year befor the draft is not prudent , IMHO. We wouldn't give up anything. We submit what we feel like the player is worth. In the first round, every team submits an answer, Pass or take. They keep this up for x number of rounds untill someone picks him . So you wanna give up an '07 day one pick for him ? :brickwall
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Check this thread, two pages of this debate already going on in the College Player Forum:

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=22849
Old 05-05-2006   #5
SESupergenius

Oh no, not the supplemental draft again!

We are assured to overspend a pick. It's guaranteed. We live for the supplemental draft, it's in our nature.
Old 05-05-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

IF we pick in the supplemental then it should include a DB of some sort. I would only be mad if we use it on a RB or another DL.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
IF we pick in the supplemental then it should include a DB of some sort. I would only be mad if we use it on a RB or another DL.
It sort of depends on if there are any DBs in the draft. I'm not currently aware of any

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read