Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2006   #1
3960AD
Rookie

Default I just remembered...

...that Kubiak remembers a lot of our players on defense from last year's scrimmage. For instance, I remember the DBs doing a pretty decent job. I remember a play that McKenzie came flying in and almost sacked the QB and then I believe CC Brown getting the interception or almost getting the interception on that play as a result of the hurry.

Its no surprise why he thinks our DBs are a strong group. We got some good athletes in that group. If our front 4 could get a good rush and our LBs do some good blitzing, our DBs should be fine.

I see a lot of postings about our DBs, but in my opinion and obviously in the opinions of our organization there a fine group that should perform well.

Lets go T E X A N s.... oh yeah!!!!! YahooooooO!!!!
3960AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #2
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3960AD
...that Kubiak remembers a lot of our players on defense from last year's scrimmage. For instance, I remember the DBs doing a pretty decent job. I remember a play that McKenzie came flying in and almost sacked the QB and then I believe CC Brown getting the interception or almost getting the interception on that play as a result of the hurry.

Its no surprise why he thinks our DBs are a strong group. We got some good athletes in that group. If our front 4 could get a good rush and our LBs do some good blitzing, our DBs should be fine.

I see a lot of postings about our DBs, but in my opinion and obviously in the opinions of our organization there a fine group that should perform well.

Lets go T E X A N s.... oh yeah!!!!! YahooooooO!!!!
Kubiak touched on that at the luncheon (previous scrimmages against us as a Bronco). Said he was watching us, especially Carr.

*edited for clarification*

Last edited by FILO_girl; 05-05-2006 at 08:17 AM.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I didn't here where Kubiak said they are a strong group....

But I do agree with the assumption. I would think Reeves' report, and Kubiaks own film study(along with his assitants) would be more the reason, than a scrimmage game a year ago.......

Those scrimmages are more for the team to evaluate their own players..... for all we know, he might have thought McKenzie got in because his own player screwed the pooch.

But, if you recall....... Denver has had hell trying to find decent corners, to the point of trading the best College prospect they ever had in a RB for Delta O'Neal.
Old 05-05-2006   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Don't you mean Champ Bailey?
Old 05-05-2006   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ask and ye shall receive. Sometimes. When I'm paying attention. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I didn't here where Kubiak said they are a strong group....
Here ya go! (Lots of good stuff in this article

Kubiak Draft Wrap Up

Quote:
(on the decision to not draft a cornerback) “We actually felt like that’s kind of a strength of our football team. We were a little worried at safety about three weeks ago and then we were able to sign Michael Stone from New England, so that helped us. Going into the draft, we didn’t feel the pressing need to fill that spot.

“At corner, we feel pretty good. We are actually going to sign a couple of guys here in free agency—with the free agents at the end of the draft—but as we approached the draft, I wouldn’t say that was a top priority. We were thinking defensive end, linebacker, and corner third. On offense, we were thinking tackle, running back—in that order—as we started the draft process.”
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, TexansChick. I notice he says "tackle" and not "offensive lineman", so that further proves he sees Spencer and Winston as tackles. Definitely interesting read.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read