Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-04-2006   #1
uranidiot

Default ryans best texans linebacker?

who do yall think is going to be the most productive linebacker this upcoming year.(sorry if this has been talked about alot)

cowart
greenwood
wong
ryans
orr
polk
evins
Old 05-04-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shantee Orr.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranidiot
sorry posted in the wrong place
Ironic
Old 05-04-2006   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Ironic
hahaha...

Anyway, Ryans will be our most productive LB...In fact, if he is placed at the Mike, I say he has a good chance of winning DROY...
Old 05-04-2006   #5
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
hahaha...

Anyway, Ryans will be our most productive LB...In fact, if he is placed at the Mike, I say he has a good chance of winning DROY...
I also believe Ryans will be our most productive LB. At least he is a true Linebacker and not one of the project guys the Texans have drafted to play LB in the past few years. He should be very solid if not a great player there.
Old 05-04-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Isn't Orr second on our all-time sack list?
Old 05-05-2006   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

to be honest i do not believe orr fits this new defense...i believe he will be cut after training camp...that being said i believe right now ryans is not the best linebacker on this team but in two years he will be
Old 05-05-2006   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

In this defense LB's will be asked to stop the run first and foremost.
I don't expect to see many LB's coming on blitzes. The line has responsibility for the pass rush.
However I think Orr has shown enough to be kept on to see what he can offer as a 4-3 LB.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody thinks it will be Cowart this first year?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Nobody thinks it will be Cowart this first year?
only on running downs imo. He really stuggles vs the pass now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #11
3960AD
Rookie

My prediction is that Ryan will be this year's Tatupu.
3960AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #12
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
who do yall think is going to be the most productive linebacker this upcoming year.(sorry if this has been talked about alot)

cowart
greenwood
wong
ryans
orr
polk
evins
Don't forget if Texans get Brooks in supplemental...this LB corps will be much sweeter.... Wong will start on PUP list. I like Polk, Orr, and Ryans. Hopefully, Greenwood will play to his contract. Answer: Ryans
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #13
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3960AD
My prediction is that Ryan will be this year's Tatupu.
that will be good - how about a cross between Tatupu and Odell Thurman who a had good rookie season at the Bengals?

Last edited by mancunian; 05-05-2006 at 04:33 AM.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8
Don't forget if Texans get Brooks in supplemental
If we get brooks and he is healthy, he is our best LB period...not questions asked. He is a better LB than Hawk IMO.

But assuming we stay with our current roster, its a toss up between cowart and ryans. Ryans should be better, but may not play as much.
Old 05-05-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Ryan will be our solid all around LB. The gritty gets it done but it won't look pretty kinda guy.

As far as sacks go it depends, Does Orr and Peek play same side linebacker? If they do how well do they adjust to playing a 43 -vs- 34?

Greenwood couldn't tackle his own shadow, Cowart's a little over his prime and has showed that the last few years, is Polk still a Texan? Are we crossing Babin off the linebacker list?

It will be an interesting year being able to mix and match our DL and linebackers depending on the situation. Smith has a lot to work with.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #16
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Its a toss up. I really need to see the preaseason to tell.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #17
phil2366
Rookie

Default As a Bama Fan:

I saw Demeco play a lot the last few years and I know he is going to become a fan favorite. I think he will get a lot of grooming this year early on by our newley aquired Cowert andby a returning Wong.
Old 05-05-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2366
I saw Demeco play a lot the last few years and I know he is going to become a fan favorite. I think he will get a lot of grooming this year early on by our newley aquired Cowert andby a returning Wong.
I don't really think they want him at ILB (if thats what you are implying). I'm hoping we get someone used to the position to play there, rather than putting an outside guy inside (remember Greenwood?). It sort of concerns me that we didn't draft an ILB to groom behind Cowart, though
Old 05-05-2006   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I don't really think they want him at ILB (if thats what you are implying).
My impression was ILB. I thought Ryans played both inside and outside?

Inside makes the most since considering all our young, raw, fresh talent, are our outside linebackers. If Ryans does not play inside that leaves us with Cowart, Polk, Wong. One is hurt, one is older and the other (Polk) would be a solid edition to the middle but I dont see him being able to do it by himself.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #20
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

cowart
greenwood
wong
ryans
orr
polk
evins
Personally, they all seem to me to be a mish-mosh of mediocre to below-par folks. Greenwood came in here with a lot of hype but a lot of observers claim he has disappointed while Wong, from what I understand, has been somewhat medicore. None of these guys really stand out, IMO.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read