Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-04-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Posluszny deserves a 1st rd.look from us in '07

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - All-American linebacker Paul Posluszny likes to dish out hits - the wide-eyed, steam-coming-out-of-the-nostrils kind of hard hits that can send a running back crumpling to the turf.

For now, that will have to wait until the fall. While recovering from a knee injury, Posluszny is limited to little more than bumping chests with Penn State teammates during spring practice.

www.timesleader.com 4/17/2006
www.voteforheisman.com
www.gopsusports.com
Old 05-04-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - All-American linebacker Paul Posluszny likes to dish out hits - the wide-eyed, steam-coming-out-of-the-nostrils kind of hard hits that can send a running back crumpling to the turf.

For now, that will have to wait until the fall. While recovering from a knee injury, Posluszny is limited to little more than bumping chests with Penn State teammates during spring practice.

www.timesleader.com 4/17/2006
www.voteforheisman.com
www.gopsusports.com
My concern with Posluszny is going to be that knee.

If/when they play Ohio State and Paul plays like he did last year, I think he starts to skyrocket up the boards.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's pretty awesome. but desmond bishop is better.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoth Boy that is the freshest Avatar ever.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #5
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
haha mos def
Old 05-04-2006   #6
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I would love Polslunsky or however you say it. He is one of those throwback kinda players that has the blood on the forehead and snot bubbles when hes blitzing. He plays like hes possesed and hits harder than a tun of bricks.
Old 05-04-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2006   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
We talkin' Mario or the crew from the Heart of Gold?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Paul Posluszny worries me. With the knee and his size. I think he looks smallish. Ht: 6-2 Wt: 229

TO ME, he looks small. He reminds me of Rudy. Plays at 100mph, but is just small. Thats my take.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He has ideal size, and I wanted him in the the first round of this draft after a trade down. He got hurt, didnt enter. He has the same injury as Winston. Winston's was early in the season, Paul's was the last game. He will be lucky to play at all and most likely will not be a first rounder anymore.

I'm going to dub this the Winston Syndrone.

Paul has the Winston Syndrone, and we look for him to slide down because of the questions about his knee next year.
Old 05-09-2006   #11
Texanator14
Rookie

let me start off with saying that i'm a huge penn state fan and watched every game over the years. This guy was hands down the best player on the team as a sophmore, he's tough and never takes a play off. if some of you are concerned about the injury, you shouldn't be it didn't require surgery and he's at 85% now. I would love to see him in a texan uniform but i think the Demeco pick just eliminated any chance of that.
Texanator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator14
let me start off with saying that i'm a huge penn state fan and watched every game over the years. This guy was hands down the best player on the team as a sophmore, he's tough and never takes a play off. if some of you are concerned about the injury, you shouldn't be it didn't require surgery and he's at 85% now. I would love to see him in a texan uniform but i think the Demeco pick just eliminated any chance of that.
Would you rate him higher than AJ Hawk??
Old 05-09-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Would you rate him higher than AJ Hawk??
Yes, seeing as he is a better player than Hawk.
Old 05-10-2006   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Posluszny I think will be a SS in the NFL @ 6-2, 229....unless he's not fast enough, and could be in a Cover 2 Defense...it'll depend on his cover skills....

I'm gonna have to get ESPN Gameplan next year...lol.
Old 05-10-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Imagine if we draft him next year we can have him and Babin on the outsides and DeMeco in the middle. Boy would that be a young, talented LB group.
Old 05-10-2006   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Imagine if we draft him next year we can have him and Babin on the outsides and DeMeco in the middle. Boy would that be a young, talented LB group.
Im not sold on Babin being an impact at LB. Not on a 4-3 defense. I say we pick up Ahmad Brooks in the supp. draft.

Our front seven would be:

Ryans ROLB
Brooks MLB
Greenwood LOLB

Williams RE
Johnson DT
Smith DT
Weaver LE

Peek, Babin, and Payne would rotate on our d-line.
Old 05-10-2006   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

6'2" is not to small for a LB. Lewis is like 6'3" right?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
6'2" is not to small for a LB. Lewis is like 6'3" right?
Ray Lewis???
He's 6'1"
Old 05-10-2006   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Ray Lewis???
He's 6'1"
Yea, thanks. That kinda hepls prove my point though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Interesting article about LBs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2439793

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read