Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-04-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Interesting prop bet from friend

Which happens first?

Mario gets first sack
Bush gets First TD?

Preseason doesn't count.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering their first two games are against rebuilt Cleveland and then rebuilding Greenbay, and ours are against two passing reliant offenses (Eagles and Colts), I'd have to say the 1st TD will be more likely than the 1st sack. Will be interesting though. Any guarantee Williams will actually start? I thought I heard somehwere he will play situationally at first, and then start maybe mid season
Old 05-04-2006   #3
eltoro
Rookie

I am actually going to go with a sack...
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't it just be tight if Williams ends up getting the first TD off of a turnover?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its really too bad Houston doesnt play NO. Now that would be fun
Old 05-04-2006   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

They will both get their respective stat in the first game, Just my
Old 05-04-2006   #7
Dime
Hall of Fame

It will be the sack. That is a solid choice. Let me explain.

When hiring a new coach, you bring in new plays, with a new team. Most teams are used to being able to break down a teams offense and defense. Now, with lots of new coaches, they cant. This means plays will come out that the other teams cannot prepare for.

The down side for a new coach is that many times, even thier own players are confused too, so it goes both ways.
Old 05-04-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

unfortunately for williams, the only stat that people care about with DE's are sacks. he could be in for a long road. fortunately, i don't think bush will last the whole season.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #9
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

What time do the games start ? I know the Texans will be 12:00 C.T.
I would wait until after the pre season before making the bet.
Old 05-04-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea im going to drop my two cents after the preseason.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm... il go with mario and the sack
heres why- deuce will likely get touches near the GL and with reggie being a holdout he probably wont play the 1st game....
while mario will either be facing Tra 'turnstile' Thomas or another rookie in justice
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Wouldn't it just be tight if Williams ends up getting the first TD off of a turnover?
off a turnover from a hard sack.
Old 05-04-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd bet on the sack......... If Mario does start, he has an opportunity to sack the QB on every snap.... where there may be 3 & outs, or just possessions were Reggie doesn't get the ball.
Old 05-04-2006   #14
trane
Rookie

Default First TD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Which happens first?

Mario gets first sack
Bush gets First TD?

Preseason doesn't count.

How about Mario getting the first TD?
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all about supporting our boy Super Mario...but, Reggie can hit the ground running, while Williams could take awhile to get used to manhandling NFL offensive linemen. It's just the nature of the two positions.

If I was a betting man, I'd probably have to say Bush and the TD first.
Old 05-04-2006   #16
newbiefan
Rookie

Ima also say sack.

Additional stat to ponder.... who gets more of their respective stat- mario with sacks or bush with TD's

Ima hafta say Bush b/c by midway through the season he'll be a much larger part of the offense + he can do it rushing or receiving.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #17
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Bush will get the first TD.

The N.O. coaches will give him a 1st and goal run and it will be a very easy, very unimpressive score that will make the N.O. fans go nuts and will make all the highlight shows even though it was nothing special.

take that to the bank.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #18
AtheGreat
Veteran

Mario gets his sack before RB gets a TD. The speed of NFL D's will take some getting used to for him.

Just thought of a question for yall:
Who would you most like to see get sacked my Mario out of all the NFL QBs?

My vote would be Vick. Mario runs him down from behind right before he passes the LOS.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
unfortunately for williams, the only stat that people care about with DE's are sacks. he could be in for a long road. fortunately, i don't think bush will last the whole season.
this NEVER happens.....but i actually agree.

there are a lot of thing we could measure from the DE position on. Is he creating one on one's for his teammates. Is he pressuring the qb, batting balls, stuffing the run.
Old 05-04-2006   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be a sack, our Dline is getting pretty good and that will help keep some pressure of Mario.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read