Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-04-2006   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parcells says Mario was BPA

Parcells turned up at a Rangers game yesterday. He wouldn't talk about his own team, but endorsed the Texans' choice of Mario Williams as #1 pick.

the link

(This is all it says about the Texans. Not really worth clicking on....doesn't say much otherwise.)

Quote:
"We were asking his opinion on different players," DeRosa said. "Not so much the Cowboys, but asking questions about [Reggie] Bush, [Matt] Leinart and those guys. I think Reggie Bush is the real deal, but in talking [to Parcells], he said he thought [No. 1 pick] Mario Williams was the best player."
While I hate to feed the controversy, I am glad to see that somebody who knows football understands Kubiak's thinking.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So should we count Dallas as one of the seven teams who rated Mario higher?? or would JJ's vote been the one to count......... you know who he thought was BPA...
Old 05-04-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ would take the guy who'd make him the most

JJ probably would wait a few years to sign him as a free agent, though.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.

Last edited by Mr. White; 05-04-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about the Cowboys being one of the teams, but Parcells saying that goes a long way with me.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I am a Parcells fan and that is a big-time
endorsement from somebody who ought to have an eye for football
talent in the Draft if anybody does.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe now we will see the ESPN crew do their immitation of the Richard Justice back pedal.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Maybe now we will see the ESPN crew do their immitation of the Richard Justice back pedal.
Never Happen , They are all about making a controversy , thats what keeps people watching their program . If it werent for things like this and Baroid Bonds they wouldnt have much of a show outside showing highlights and the final scores..... They have to have something to sell their comercial time .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2006   #8
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

I might be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that the Tuna wasn't that involved with the draft. So its hard to tell if the Cowgirls where one of the 6 or 7 teams with Super Mario number 1.

Either way the only team that matters in this equation was the Texans and they had him number one and he is now "ours"
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

True. A friend of mine here at work was telling me about how he heard what ESPN was saying about what we needed in the draft and failed to get it. I told him unless you are the Patriots, ESPN really knows nothing about your team.
Old 05-04-2006   #10
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Some points of interest regarding this:

1) ESPN has the same exact story line, but they never talk about the Texans in it. Looks like ESPN only wanted to talk about what they wanted the public to hear, not everything that was said. Might make some of their analysts look bad.

2) Parcells thinks in terms of defense and a player like LT has being very important to his team. You could say he's been there and done that. He's also a film watcher and I wouldn't at all be surprised by his views.

3) I think Bill is very disinchanted with Dallas and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't say goodbye on Friday. There's something funny about the way he's not talking. May be he and JJ aren't on the best of terms right now. Mya be its his way of relaxing before he's ready to put it all back on the line again.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #11
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I'll take what Parcell says over any analyst, and Kiper...Jr. anyday. I think Parcells knows a little more about football than any of those talking heads. And not all media is bashing the Texans pick...I think Munoz and "The Steak" Salsbury are quite happy with the pick of the Texans.
Old 05-04-2006   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True. A friend of mine here at work was telling me about how he heard what ESPN was saying about what we needed in the draft and failed to get it. I told him unless you are the Patriots, ESPN really knows nothing about your team.
This made me chuckle.

I purchased three of teh draft guides, and in the team report sections it listed the team needs. Sporting News said our #1 need was DE. ESPN said our #1 need was DE. Street & Smith's siad our #1 need was...well they don't list needs , but they do mention our pathetic pass rush.

So if we addressed our #1 need, according to the experts, and addressed it with the best player at the position; how did we not get what we needed?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I'm talking about with the #1 pick. Alot of the guys there said we needed to get Reggie Bush because of what he does to our offense. Guys like Irvin and Jaws were saying these things.

I've heard the knock on Williams is that he had help on the other side with Manny Lawson and the DT. All I know is alot of those highlights I saw of him show him chasing down a RB or QB that were running to Lawson's side.
Old 05-04-2006   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm talking about with the #1 pick. Alot of the guys there said we needed to get Reggie Bush because of what he does to our offense. Guys like Irvin and Jaws were saying these things.

I've heard the knock on Williams is that he had help on the other side with Manny Lawson and the DT. All I know is alot of those highlights I saw of him show him chasing down a RB or QB that were running to Lawson's side.
So am I.

If your #1 need is player at position X, and when you draft we have two quality guys one at position X and the other at position Y, what do you do?

You draft the player who plays position X.

I don't beleive in drafting purly BPA or purly for need, but a combo of the two.
Old 05-04-2006   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I'll take what Parcell says over any analyst, and Kiper...Jr. anyday. I think Parcells knows a little more about football than any of those talking heads. And not all media is bashing the Texans pick...I think Munoz and "The Steak" Salsbury are quite happy with the pick of the Texans.
Add Stink to that list.

Is "Stink" the greatest nickname in recent years?
Old 05-04-2006   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill and Jerry get along fine.

Bill is very involved with the draft.

Bill doesn't like the media. He isn't a coach that gives alot of interviews in the offseason.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #17
Doom Capers
Veteran

Of course Parcells is wrong. He doesn't have a job looking like an ******* on Cold Pizza, so his opinion does not matter.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i imagine most coaches that know a thing or two about winning have williams as the top prospect.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #19
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Of course he was.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #20
Htown34s
Veteran

I'm finding it hard to watch ESPN at all these days unless there is a game on. Their "news" bites.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read