Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2006   #1
needlinemen
Rookie

Default Brilliant draft by Kubiak!!

I was afraid that pea-brained Casserly would ruin yet another draft but thank god Mr. McNair has finally wisened up. Now it's time for that clown to take a hike. I just can't wait for the season to start now!! I have been saying since Day1 we need to build from the ground up. Oh when I think of what could have been had we not had a complete moron as GM giving up so much draft picks for players like Babin and Buchanon. Wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks on back up Qbs and Rbs all while ignoring our most glaring needs and over-paying weak FAs.

We are finally getting a great foundation to build on. We have some of the best OL coaches in the business and that alone will greatly improve our offense especially Carr who I still like cause he is one tough SOB. I predict that under the coaching of Sherman and Kubiak Eric Winston will become an elite Tackle in the league and we can finally move Pitts who is our best linemen right now back to a more natural position at Guard where he can develop into a probowl player. Also if Spencer can lay off the twinkies and fast food we will have one hell of a RG. In a couple of years we can be fielding an OL that looks like this
LT- Winston LG- Pitts C- Flanagan RG- Spencer RT- Wand
While I don't think it should look like that this year that is our future and I'm very excited!! Finally a line that won't get our QB killed.

Now I was surprised we took Williams over Bush but in time I think it will be a wise decision. For those that don't like the pick just look at the Colts. If given the choice who would you take Freeney or James? The Colts let James walk for nothing!! Now we will have a DL that gives QB nightmares. Once Williams develops we will have the next Reggie White. And with P-burnt playing CB do we really want QBs having all day to throw?

Now we have a star at every level on Defense. I nearly chit myself when I saw we drafted DeMeco Ryans. I was sure Billichik would draft him. He is the smartest LB in the draft and he just makes plays. We now have a leader and playmaker we so desperately needed at LBer!!! Now move over AFC the Texans have arrived!!!!!! Professional Football has finally came back to Houston and I love you all!!!!! NOW LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!
needlinemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by needlinemen
Now move over AFC the Texans have arrived!!!!!! NOW LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!
Yes.
Old 05-03-2006   #3
GoneTexan
Rookie

Ditto....GREAT JOB ALL AROUND!

Let's Go TEXANS 2006 and BEYOND
GoneTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #4
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by needlinemen
Day1 we need to build from the ground up. Oh when I think of what could have been had we not had a complete moron as GM giving up so much draft picks for players like Babin and Buchanon. Wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks on back up Qbs and Rbs all while ignoring our most glaring needs and over-paying weak FAs.
Babin wasnt all that bad in his rookie year, he does have the avatar of when he Pancaked the Titans O-lineman.

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's a coincidence that our best draft is the first one in the post Capers era. I think this shows that Casserly really relies on his coaaches inputs and gets the guys the coaches want. Looks like the team is in better hands with Kubiak.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
I don't think it's a coincidence that our best draft is the first one in the post Capers era. I think this shows that Casserly really relies on his coaaches inputs and gets the guys the coaches want. Looks like the team is in better hands with Kubiak.
I agree, but using that logic should we really be so quick to fire Casserley?

IF Cass's main role is to get the players our coaching staff wants, shouldn't previous personnal moves be laid at Caper's feet and not Casserley's?

Shouldn't the blame for Pbuc rest with Fangio, Capers and Hoke?

Shouldn't the resigning of Corey Bradford rest with whatever moron we had as an offsensiv coordinator at the time?

I'm not the fondest of any of the choices Casserley has made for the team, but if he truly targets teh guys his coach's want then how is he to blame for the poor FA signing s and drafts we had in the past?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #7
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
I'm not the fondest of any of the choices Casserley has made for the team, but if he truly targets teh guys his coach's want then how is he to blame for the poor FA signing s and drafts we had in the past?
I completely agree. But, he does have to have some discretion???
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

IF Cass's main role is to get the players our coaching staff wants, shouldn't previous personnal moves be laid at Caper's feet and not Casserley's?

Shouldn't the resigning of Corey Bradford rest with whatever moron we had as an offsensiv coordinator at the time?

Some observations on this thread:

1. Kubiak at the draft luncheon gave props to Casserly for what he did during the draft and he said he learned some things going through the process.

2. As for PBuc, Kubiak has stated in the post-draft press conference found on houstontexans.com that he thought the secondary was a strength on this team. It is hard to say how much of his struggles were coverage and how much were no pass rush or run defense. They picked PBuc as a cover corner, but that is not the way they used him. And if he is going to have primary responsibility for tackling the likes of Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis, well then, we are gonna get smoked.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this was far and away A) the best draft we've ever had, and B) the best draft of any team in the league. I would rather have had RB, Ferguson, or Hawk (just because I think OL and LB were more positions of need, and because I think (RB : DD) > (Williams : Babin) but Williams will be a beast and was clearly one of the top 2 talents available. Looking at the remaining picks we got incredible guys. Ryans, Winston, Spencer are all starting potential talents, and Daniels and Lundi are guys I hadn't heard of (I admit I get a lot of information on 3rd round and later guys from draft analysis shows which are totally flawed based on combine), but from what I've read, will fit our system perfectly.

I think this fresh new look is very refereshing, and I look forward to seeing how it pans out.
Old 05-03-2006   #10
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If it came across that way, I actually wasn't trying to place blame on Casserly. I actually think the fault lies with Capers.
Old 05-03-2006   #11
Dolby
Rookie

Wow...what a change. Everyone is congratulating people on a great draft. It is about time.......haha...It is gonna be a great season.

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #12
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Casserly seems to be winning over a lot of people around here. I have been decently impressed with the way he has handled this offseason so far.

I was also impressed with his interview on NFL live today. He seems to be taking responsibility for himself and I really liked how he stood up for Mario Williams. My favorite was "If anyone wants to get angry with someone about the pick, be angry with me". He went on to say how unfair it was for people to be treating Mario the way they did in the begining. I was thoroughly impressed with him today.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #13
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In some interview after the draft, Casserly said that working with Kubiak is the best experience he has had in preparing for the draft with a coach. He said it is great when the coach knows exactly what he wants in a player and communicates that clearly.

Who knows, Casserly and Kubiak might make a good team. If he his gone after the summer, so be it. But if he gets an extension, I won't be surprised.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #14
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston, I'm lovin every minute of it...as a matter of fact ever since 1966 but more than double that this time around. Looking forward to the new resurgence in Texan football and also as a matter of fact you can include next year's draft too the one after that and the one after that.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #15
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If it came across that way, I actually wasn't trying to place blame on Casserly. I actually think the fault lies with Capers.
It's amazing how Capers seems to be blamed for everything now. Funny -- for the first three years, he did very well and took an infant team to within one game of .500. Then all of the sudden he for some reason became stupid and now everything wrong with the franchise is his fault. Yeah, sure. Right.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #16
needlinemen
Rookie

Quote:

I'm sorry but Casserly gets no pass from me. The buck stops at his desk. He hired Capers did he not? There is no excuse for putting up a 2-14 record in your 4th year. Casserly drafted and signed not only the coaches but the players before this year. IMO he needs to go now that the draft is over. It looks like we are finally going in the right direction.
needlinemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
It's amazing how Capers seems to be blamed for everything now. Funny -- for the first three years, he did very well and took an infant team to within one game of .500. Then all of the sudden he for some reason became stupid and now everything wrong with the franchise is his fault. Yeah, sure. Right.
Personally, I never did agree with Capers' ultra conservative philosophy. It just goes against everything that defines football, IMO. The thing Capers always got alot of credit for was having a team that always fought and played hard. Now I wasn't saying it's ALL Capers' fault. Obviously it can't all be any one person's fault. It's just that the Texans had thier best draft ever and it's the first one that didn't involve Dom. Maybe I'm way off. Maybe Casserly just pulled a good draft out of his ***. We all know he was due for one.
Old 05-03-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Personally, I never did agree with Capers' ultra conservative philosophy. It just goes against everything that defines football, IMO. The thing Capers always got alot of credit for was having a team that always fought and played hard. Now I wasn't saying it's ALL Capers' fault. Obviously it can't all be any one person's fault. It's just that the Texans had thier best draft ever and it's the first one that didn't involve Dom. Maybe I'm way off. Maybe Casserly just pulled a good draft out of his ***. We all know he was due for one.
This "conservative philosophy" has won Super Bowl after Super Bowl for many, many teams. After all, guys like Trent Dilfer weren't exactly the reason why the Ravens won their SP. And the flashier offensive teams like Indy haven't even got there.
Old 05-03-2006   #19
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's just that the Texans had thier best draft ever and it's the first one that didn't involve Dom. Maybe I'm way off. Maybe Casserly just pulled a good draft out of his ***. We all know he was due for one.
I didn't realize that the Texans drafted D-Rob, Dom Davis, Andre Johnson and David Carr in this draft as well!
Old 05-03-2006   #20
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didn't realize that the Texans drafted D-Rob, Dom Davis, Andre Johnson and David Carr in this draft as well!
That's four years worth of drafting that produced four guys that are worth mentioning. With the exception of Davis all of thoose guys were top 10 overall draft picks.

Quote:
This "conservative philosophy" has won Super Bowl after Super Bowl for many, many teams. After all, guys like Trent Dilfer weren't exactly the reason why the Ravens won their SP. And the flashier offensive teams like Indy haven't even got there.
I wasn't just talking about offense. Baltimore's offense wasn't conservative, it was just sorry. I'm also talking about on defense. You can't say Baltimore's defense was conservative. However, I do remember a play where the Texans rushed only 2 guys. Just 2. They dropped 9 men in coverage,And still gave up a TD on that play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read