Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2006   #1
CodeBlue
Rookie

Default Salaam is a great addition for us!!!

I just saw that ephram salaam just got signed by the texans, and that FREAKIN KICK ARS!!! he is a big and physical tackle that is light on his feet. he played at denver a couple years ago but became a free agent and they couldnt afford him the next year. this right here gives us a vet to Kubes system on the line and can help develop these guys even quicker, not to mention a legitamate starting OT.
again i am forced, but like hehe, to watch denver games because they are regional in ID, but i loved watching him play. i think that we are getting better on the oline and this signing right here just may have bought us another win.

GO TEXANS!!!! Keep up the good work!!
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

The way things are shaping up, I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line is all new faces when the season starts.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #3
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

We are making solid moves....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #4
mimartin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
The way things are shaping up, I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line is all new faces when the season starts.
We can only hope.
mimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

both our o and d lines are sounding quite... fortified.
Old 05-03-2006   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Didn't he play for like 3 teams already? I thought he had been in the league only a few years...not knowing anything about him, I was unmotivated by his signing. Sounds like he will be a starter, wow! Todd Wade must be packing his bags.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Another solid addition by Kubes and Cass...solid job guys.
Old 05-03-2006   #8
Jagsman28
Rookie

You guys better pray to god that this guy doesnt start. He was easily the worst o-linemen for the Jags last season. He lost his job to Khalif Barnes after the 4th game of the season. It was very frustrating having him as our LT. He was a turnstile and you guys should hope he is cut by the seasons start. You do NOT want him starting.

He is a good locker room guy though.
Jagsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #9
CodeBlue
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsman28
You guys better pray to god that this guy doesnt start. He was easily the worst o-linemen for the Jags last season. He lost his job to Khalif Barnes after the 4th game of the season. It was very frustrating having him as our LT. He was a turnstile and you guys should hope he is cut by the seasons start. You do NOT want him starting.

well then things have changed man, because he was great in Denver. i am sorry to hear that so now we just need to get him back into what he was, if thats possible. MAN that sux to hear that. i am kinda bent now hehe.
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #10
mimartin
Rookie

Quote:

Then he is still better than what we had. In Kubiak system he may again prosper. (fingers crossed)
mimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #11
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

This is better than last year for sure... HOWEVER, makes you wonder you great a start we will get off to since reps is what the OLine will need to gel and get comfortable in the new system...

Anyone heard about the learning curve typically needed on the Denver blocking scheme... Between Flanagan, Salaam, and maybe Weigert, seems like the ability to learn and implement ought to be pretty quick.
Old 05-03-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Last I heard, he's a zone-blocking OL, which I don't believe the Los Angeles Jaguars have.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue
well then things have changed man, because he was great in Denver. i am sorry to hear that so now we just need to get him back into what he was, if thats possible. MAN that sux to hear that. i am kinda bent now hehe.
I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds to me like he was being asked to do things in the Jags system that he did not excel at and he was a force on the Denver offensive line. It might just be that he is suited to the zone blocking scheme and poorly suited to what Jacksonville was asking him to do.

Either way he's going to have to be better than Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Eric Winston, and Charles Spencer to see playing time so if he is then great and if he isn't then no worries.
Old 05-03-2006   #14
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Last I heard, he's a zone-blocking OL, which I don't believe the Los Angeles Jaguars have.

Isnt it Jacksonville? Or did they switch?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Isnt it Jacksonville? Or did they switch?
Jax sells out as often as the Atlanta Hawks. 'Bout time for a move.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #16
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Jax sells out as often as the Atlanta Hawks. 'Bout time for a move.

Very true....Just look at all of the trash bags covering thier upper deck. Worst fans in football by far!!!!
Old 05-04-2006   #17
Jagsman28
Rookie

We sold out every game last season...

And its not the Jaguars fault they dont live in a metropolis...but atleast they are staying true to their fanbase and not moving, despite the small market...*cough* oilers

But sold out games or not...we are still twice the team you guys will ever be. When was your last winning season btw?

And to those who wanted to know about Salaam; Maybe he will excel in your blocking scheme. All i know is that he was horrible in Jax, but he is great in the community. Although i dont think that he will make your 53 man roster unless he is depth.
Jagsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Just tell you Dlineman to watch their knees.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I have asked around to a couple Texans fans (whose opinions I trust) and a couple Jag fans (whose opinions I would consider trustworthy also). I have not heard anything good on the addition of Salaam to our roster (other than he is a nice guy). While he may be here to add depth (competition as Kubiak calls it), I have not found one person who can give me a reason he would do us some good. Maybe I am missing something here, as I have no idea about the man.

Someone will come along and enlighten me, I am sure.

Note to Jag fans: I am not the only Texans fan who razzes you about your tarped litterbox!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #20
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

Salaam was great in Denver and was sorry to see him to leave. He is a very good linemen for zone blocking. I like what Kubes is doing we will have a good o line next year. It may not be great(yet) but it will be good.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read