Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2006   #1
trane
Rookie

Default Texans vs. Jaguars

One of the most puzzling teams in the NFL is the Jacksonville Jaguars. They were 12-4 last year and in my opinion, they are not any more talented than the Texans. They have a good defense and an average offense but the key to their success is the coaching. I think with the coaching changes and the player acquisitions the Texans have made, there is reason to think the Texans will overtake the Jags if not this season,definitely next season. Go Texans!

Also, the Jags would have definitely put the brakes on Bush.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #2
Rightnow
Veteran

The Jags are a very good team that is well coached. They were built to play in the AFC south against Manning and McNair (now VY). They rely on a solid defensive line in the 4-3. They are a defense first team with a solid offense. One of these days they are going to go deep into the playoffs.
Old 05-02-2006   #3
JAGumbo
Rookie

Thanks. You have to remember that last year we were under a new offensive coordinator. I think we now have some good young tall receivers going into their second and third year that will step up as playmakers. (e.g. Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, etc.) Our first round pick was Mercedes Lewis which will finally give Leftwhich a big target in the middle at Tight End which we never had. Kyle Brady was a good blocker but bad receiver. We also got Mike Tice as our Offensive line coach in which we needed improvement. That along with Greg Jones, a solid fullback and new Maurice Drew, our new running back, I hope our offense finally gets over that hurdle.

I hope the most of luck to the Texans this year and I think you guys will be one of the sleepers this year. I always get nervous playing against you guys despite what your record was. I think your a better team than what shows on paper.

I also hope Mario Williams silences all the critics and Reggie Bush flops in New Orleans.

Good luck.
JAGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stroud and Henderson. It's as simple as that.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

We always beat them...We will do it again since we have a even better team!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGumbo
Thanks. You have to remember that last year we were under a new offensive coordinator. I think we now have some good young tall receivers going into their second and third year that will step up as playmakers. (e.g. Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, etc.) Our first round pick was Mercedes Lewis which will finally give Leftwhich a big target in the middle at Tight End which we never had. Kyle Brady was a good blocker but bad receiver. We also got Mike Tice as our Offensive line coach in which we needed improvement. That along with Greg Jones, a solid fullback and new Maurice Drew, our new running back, I hope our offense finally gets over that hurdle.

I hope the most of luck to the Texans this year and I think you guys will be one of the sleepers this year. I always get nervous playing against you guys despite what your record was. I think your a better team than what shows on paper.

I also hope Mario Williams silences all the critics and Reggie Bush flops in New Orleans.

Good luck.
I agree, Jacksonville will be a tough team to beat this year, I also believe that we will have a tougher time with them than with the Colts. The Jags WRs have always put the fear of football gods into me, and thier safeties are real bruisers.
Old 05-02-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we're batting .500 in eight games against them over four seasons, so I don't think they're a team we're scared of.

But next year will be a test, because they are coming off a great season and should be in fighting form once again.
Old 05-02-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Well, we're batting .500 in eight games against them over four seasons, so I don't think they're a team we're scared of.

But next year will be a test, because they are coming off a great season and should be in fighting form once again.
Every season is different.
Old 05-02-2006   #9
JAGumbo
Rookie

I think the Colts have hit their peak and will start declining in the next few years. The Titans still have need a few years to bounce back. I hope to see the Texans and Jaguars become the two elite that battle for the AFC South.
JAGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGumbo
I think the Colts have hit their peak and will start declining in the next few years. The Titans still have need a few years to bounce back. I hope to see the Texans and Jaguars become the two elite that battle for the AFC South.
Amen Gumbo!
Old 05-02-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Every season is different.
I sure hope so, especially the Texans next season!
Old 05-02-2006   #12
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
We always beat them...We will do it again since we have a even better team!
Sorry, we don't ALWAYS beat them. We are 4-4 coming into this season. They swept us last season, remember? :brickwall

Oh, if we could do another '04 on them...and the Titans, and beat the Colts for once...that would be a great season!

GO TEXANS!!!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Sorry, we don't ALWAYS beat them. We are 4-4 coming into this season. They swept us last season, remember? :brickwall

Oh, if we could do another '04 on them...and the Titans, and beat the Colts for once...that would be a great season!

GO TEXANS!!!!
I have no reason to believe we won't finally beat the Colts. We added so much and they lost way more than they added.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #14
bdiddy
Veteran

The Jags are what we are aiming for in a year or two. We will look to get to around .500 this year and then next year try to hit the 10 win mark.

How? Tough defense that keeps the games close and an offense with a good running game and efficient passing game (ala the Steelers, who the Jags are trying to work as a model other than the defensive schemes used).

Here is how I see us in the division next year: We split with Indy and the Jags, and sweep the Titans. Thus, we win 4 of 6.
Old 05-02-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

I think the games against the Jags are gonna be close and hard fought,probably a split.I personally cannot wait for our hometown to come back so he can answer to his remark about beating up on the Texans,I think that remark will spark a few attitudes on defense along with the ranting and raving about our picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read