Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-02-2006   #1
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default walk on question

just wondering how this works, do the teams hold tryouts and if your good enough you make it?

or how does that work

and does that kind of thing happen in the NFL as well?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #2
Rovator
Veteran

If you are talking about college, yeah, schools hold walk-on tryouts for students. I think there is something similar for NFL teams, but I'm not sure if it's open invitation.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #3
MikeMc
All Pro

It is by invite, not you contact them....they contact you.
Old 05-02-2006   #4
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to that pro wrestler that tried to walk on with the Vikings?
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #5
MikeMc
All Pro

It wasn't exactly a "walk-on". More of an invite for a try-out.
Old 05-02-2006   #6
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict
Whatever happened to that pro wrestler that tried to walk on with the Vikings?
He didn't make it last year, then got in a dispute with Vince McMahon (WWE owner) about working in the entertainment industry. He is still trying to make it. You get invited for tryouts to be part of the roster or practice squad if you make it.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

By invite only? Really? Flush my dream of playing QB for the Texans down the toilet, then...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2006   #8
MikeMc
All Pro

I think the only "open" tryout was after the team was named....prior to expansion draft.

I had a few buddies that got invited. They had played college ball and had tapes. That was the catcher......they (Texans) didn't every Joe Schmo to tryout and say things like "I ran a 4.5 40 back in HS when I played on the JV team".......there were specific requirements and exp level.
Old 05-03-2006   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
I think the only "open" tryout was after the team was named....prior to expansion draft.

I had a few buddies that got invited. They had played college ball and had tapes. That was the catcher......they (Texans) didn't every Joe Schmo to tryout and say things like "I ran a 4.5 40 back in HS when I played on the JV team".......there were specific requirements and exp level.

4 touchdowns in one game!!!!

Last edited by Trap_Star; 05-03-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read