Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OL Ephraim Salaam Signed

More OL competition.

Texans | Team signs E. Salaam
Mon, 1 May 2006 16:23:56 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent OL Ephraim Salaam (Jaguars) to an undisclosed contract.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
More OL competition.

Texans | Team signs E. Salaam
Mon, 1 May 2006 16:23:56 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent OL Ephraim Salaam (Jaguars) to an undisclosed contract.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Good signing, provides added depth. He could challenged Wand and/or Weigart for a starting Tackle position should the rookies not be ready.

I think Winston will be able to play from day one at right tackle. Weigart and McKinney will battle it out for right guard spot.
Old 05-01-2006   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

GAMES PLAYED
Year Team G GS
1998 Atlanta Falcons 16 16
1999 Atlanta Falcons 16 16
2000 Atlanta Falcons 14 10
2001 Atlanta Falcons 14 13
2002 Denver Broncos 16 16
2003 Denver Broncos 14 14
2004 Jacksonville Jaguars 15 12
2005 Jacksonville Jaguars 5 2
TOTAL 110 99

Ephraim Salaam, T
Height/Weight: 6-7/295
Birthdate: 06/19/1976
Birthplace: Chicago, IL, USA
Team: Jacksonville Jaguars
College: San Diego State
NFL Experience: 9

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12674
Old 05-01-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Anyone got a link to this guys NFL profile?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i've never heard of him
but...
i like his size, and if hes got quick feet, he might be a line man we are looking for

i like this signing
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Ephraim is a solid lineman. I dont think he got to play very much last season because of Khalif Barnes but he has been good enough to start in this league for quite a long time. If he doesn't win the LT job he'll be VERY good depth on the line. I support this pick, its great to see our offensive line is not only getting better starters but better depth as well
Old 05-01-2006   #7
bdiddy
Veteran

My only concern is how much he has left in the tank.
Old 05-01-2006   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

Wasnt eprhraim the guy lepsis replaced on Denvers line? he was the premeir LT during their Super Bowl run... Sounds like someone with a lot of knowledge to help our lineman adjust to the new blocking scheme. I don't think he has muched left in the tank as far as starting at LT maybe RT.. since he is aging..
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hes only like 30 years old. Thats still fairly young for an Olineman.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

He is a Kubiak coached lineman, I dont believe Kubiak would've wanted him on our team if he didn't think Ephraim could help us out. He may be the starting LT on opening day. Spencer may be the starting LT though by the end of the year depending on how he develops. Ephraim is a very good guy to learn from though.
Old 05-01-2006   #11
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
He is a Kubiak coached lineman, I dont believe Kubiak would've wanted him on our team if he didn't think Ephraim could help us out. He may be the starting LT on opening day. Spencer may be the starting LT though by the end of the year depending on how he develops. Ephraim is a very good guy to learn from though.
This would be the ideal scenario.

However, I think Spencer will need a two full training camps and an offseason before he is ready to take over. He has the tools and is a good athlete but needs time to improve his technique, as well as shed some weight.
Old 05-01-2006   #12
The Preacher
Veteran

Kubiak keeps on working his magic there will be no room for slackers on this team. Looks like he is out to make sure he knows exactly what his line is capable of.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Thumbs up

All these veterans will only make our two rookie tackles that much better
Old 05-01-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote from a Bronco fan on another board.

Quote:
All I know is that when he was a Bronco... He straight dominated... He held Freeney to absolutely nothing a few years back.

That's probably the Bronco-Kubiak connection kicking in again
Old 05-01-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's a product of Denver's system. In Jacksonville, I could block better than him. He was absolutely horrendous.

But since it is Kubiak that was his coach in Denver, he might be decent in Houston.
From a jag fan. Sounds like one of those Denver style linemen that can be great in a zone blocking scheme..but looks terrible in a traditional setup.
Old 05-01-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am feeling to good about everything right now. Can someone please start a Carr thread so I can start checking myself? I am joking of course.

Old 05-01-2006   #17
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I think I remember Salaam being an over hyped bust, I dont know i could be talking about someone else.

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, we're gonna see a lot of OTs in Preseason.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
I think I remember Salaam being an over hyped bust, I dont know i could be talking about someone else.
Don't know about overhyped bust--he was a 7th round pick. The Jags were underwhelmed by him so he got beat out by a rookie. Seems like a Denver connection and depth signing.
Old 05-01-2006   #20
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
You're thinking about former Colorado and Chicago RB Rashaan Salaam...

Anyway, I like this pick...Depth and competition is never a bad thing...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read