Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
ojthecat
Veteran

Default Offensive Line

This is looking like the best draft we have ever had.
I don't see any reason why our OL will not be the most improved line in the league. Here's why
1. Kubiak
2. Sherman
3. Better Moral
4. McKinney no longer at center
5. Better Players
6. Better Schemes
7. Better running plays (no more off tackle right on first then off tackle left)
8. Did I mention Coaching
9. Better defense giving up better field position

This is going to be a special year!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #2
Specter
Rookie

great way to break it down. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
ojthecat
Veteran

Let me add no more Capers and Pendry.

The playoffs at Reliant are going to make 19-10 look like a junior varisty spring practice. I just hope Joe Texan can handle all of the celebration beer that will be flowing!!!

Old 05-01-2006   #4
Mailman04
Veteran

Default They also signed Ephraim Salaam today

He is a nine year veteran who has played for Jags past two years and was with Denver and Atlanta before that. 6-7, 295 OT
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
This is looking like the best draft we have ever had.
I don't see any reason why our OL will not be the most improved line in the league. Here's why
1. Kubiak
2. Sherman
3. Better Moral
4. McKinney no longer at center
5. Better Players
6. Better Schemes
7. Better running plays (no more off tackle right on first then off tackle left)
8. Did I mention Coaching
9. Better defense giving up better field position

This is going to be a special year!!!!!
Oh~~~~~~YYYEEEESSS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Depth
Old 05-02-2006   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant believe how fast & how drastically the talent level & coaching in one position can change during the offseason. in 2 months we added two of the most highly touted offensive coaches, a probowl center, re-added a starting left tackle (wand), and drafted two highly regarded prospects (one of which could start the first game). wow.

guess what, we did the same thing on the other side of the line! we now have 5 defensive ends who can start. our 3 defensive tackles becomes 2 tackles and a ton of depth. weaver & mario can play any position on the line. our trenches almost magically went from the laughing stock of football, to the strongest areas on the team.

lol ... i've made more posts in the last 3 days than i've ever made in such a short span. i've never been so excited about our team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read