Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-05-2004   #21
MikeMc
All Pro

The reason Rice did not have much passing is because they run a Triple Option offense. You would be lucky to see 10 passes a game from that offense, and that is usually only when it is 3rd & long.

The only thing I could figure about UH offense is that the Sr Leadership from last year was easily missed. The inexperience of the OL was the primary reason for the Offense's struggles. Kolb would make his 5 step drop, but the LBs & DEs would be in the backfield after 3 steps! The OL would be playing "O'Le" with the D. They were just turning and watching the Def sack Kolb. Reminded me an awful lot of the Texans first year!!!

If you know anything about football, you would realize that if the QB cannot get into a rythmn and establish some confidence, he will be shaken all game.

I give credit to both teams' defenses. There's was tearing through our OL & Our D was stopping them almost everytime. THe fact that Rice only scored 10 points proves how good our D was...they should have scored at least 35!

Also, it was the weekend of the Missed FGs! What is going on in CFB?

I look for UH to rebound and beat Army, but they might not make it through OU & Miami!! Conf play is most important anyway, so good luck Coogs.....Keep it up D!
Old 09-06-2004   #22
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Ken Hatfield flat out out-coached and out-smarted Art Briles. While our defense looked good, the offense was just horrible. Hatfield had an answer for everything the Cougars had.

Kolb and the receivers were not thinking the same way the whole game. Kolb throws and out pattern, the receivers run an in pattern. Credit to the Rice pass rush, they kept Kolb pressured on just about every play.

Very unprepared Cougar team out there today. Very unprepared Art Briles out there today.

Cougars better regroup quick and Kolb and his receivers need to start speaking the same language.

GO COOGS!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004   #23
MikeMc
All Pro

gwallia, that is not an accurate statement. I would say the Offense was not prepared. The defense sure as heck was!

Kind of reminds me of the Memphis game last year (but this time with our D playing well). The score could have easily been like that game...40+ to 10!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read