Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Default This man has no brain

Here's a Skip Bayless insta-classic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...bayless/060501

There isn't a single reasonable evaluation in an article filled with evaluations.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

I like these 2 statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Clueless
In 10 years, Vince Young will have won two Super Bowls and will be a cinch Hall of Famer.

In 10 years, LenDale White will be considered even better than Jerome Bettis
He states it like its already a fact. Hilarious.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

AH, where's Michael Smith when ya need him?
Old 05-01-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Right here on my avatar!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #5
NederlandTexan
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...bayless/060501
"In 10 years, Williams will be somewhere in the murky middle between Olajuwon and Bowie. He'll be a pretty good defensive tackle who hasn't made a Pro Bowl."

This meathead not only doesn't know what position Mario plays, he had Houston picking Vince on his show Friday. The Texans had already come out and said they weren't drafting VY.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

And what Michael Smith would tell Clueless is in my signature!
Old 05-01-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

"A lawyer for a group of investors who tried to sign Bush with a new marketing agency told The San Diego Union-Tribune that Bush's parents took $100,000 from them two years ago, then free rent in a new home last year. Although Bush has repeatedly said he did nothing wrong, the Los Angeles Times reported he sat in on a tense settlement meeting with the investors, whose point man was known gang member Lloyd Lake, reportedly a longtime friend of Bush and his family."

I had heard about the house, but not this part about a settlement meeting. If McNair and company caught wind of this they would have headed for the exits in a hurry. Casserly supposidly called at least 3 time between and Wednesday and Thursday to ask questions of this subject. It had to have been factored in.

If there indeed was a meeting then I would say Bush has some problems with the NCAA, so does Pete Carrol, and so does SC. All the players may not like having all they worked for disappear because of what this guy did. Pretty selfish if he is indeed guilty as charged. Wouldn't want that ego on our team.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

No Bush-bashing allowed on this thread! Titan, Jag and Colt bashing is always OK on my threads, though.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
"A lawyer for a group of investors who tried to sign Bush with a new marketing agency told The San Diego Union-Tribune that Bush's parents took $100,000 from them two years ago, then free rent in a new home last year. Although Bush has repeatedly said he did nothing wrong, the Los Angeles Times reported he sat in on a tense settlement meeting with the investors, whose point man was known gang member Lloyd Lake, reportedly a longtime friend of Bush and his family."
Have a link?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Master Po
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Have a link?
I posted this news in the draft thread on Saturday. It was time stamped 30 minutes before I posted it. Some yahoo on here told me it was old news and that no one cared. Irked me b/c it was NOT old news, and I think it is very relevent. I'll go dig it up now.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
Master Po
Veteran

Here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2426429
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #12
outofhnd
All Pro

Reggie Bling Bling Bush... Will prolly get the cash to make it all disappear... Funny how that happens, Lots of accusations then player gets a lot of money accusations go away...
Old 05-02-2006   #13
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

OUCH!!! if all that is true then we can almost be positive that it played a factor in our decision (but i must admit I like lbc justin's theory on the subject), and that is some pretty incriminating evidence against bush and his family...can you say forfeit and stripped of his heisman trophy....wow...a year and a half...so there goes leinarts championship season also!!
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NederlandTexan
"In 10 years, Williams will be somewhere in the murky middle between Olajuwon and Bowie. He'll be a pretty good defensive tackle who hasn't made a Pro Bowl."
This meathead not only doesn't know what position Mario plays, he had Houston picking Vince on his show Friday. The Texans had already come out and said they weren't drafting VY.
What a doofus! Dude calls himself a sports analyst? Yet another reason to discount those two jokers on Old Pizza.

WOODY--> <--SKIP
Old 05-02-2006   #15
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
What a doofus! Dude calls himself a sports analyst? Yet another reason to discount those two jokers on Old Pizza.

WOODY--> <--SKIP
Uh? Woody is Canadian?
Old 05-02-2006   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy did say something in that article that made sense ...

Quote:
Remember what the USC coaches said during the season? If the opposing defense was slow, it was a "Reggie game." If it was fast -- and Texas was real fast -- it was a "LenDale game." That's why LenDale, not Reggie, was on the field when the game was on the line against Vince's Longhorns. Every NFL defense is fast -- and many of them will have a hard time bringing down the beastly LenDale short of first downs and touchdowns.
What does that say about Bush in the NFL? Every opposing defense in the NFL is fast. This is just another reason I didn't want us to take Bush.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Uh? Woody is Canadian?
GENIUS! Funniest thing I've read yet today.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

He didn't respect Young AT ALL until the BCS Championship Game. It is strange to see the 180 he has done. I feel like I am in a parallel universe now.
Old 05-02-2006   #19
whiskeyrbl

Saints | San Diego attorney preparing to sue R. Bush's family
Mon, 1 May 2006 21:27:06 -0700

Bernie Wilson, of the Associated Press, reports San Diego attorney Brian E. Watkins is preparing to sue New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush's family for fraud and is seeking $3.2 million. The plaintiffs will be Michael Michaels, the owner of a suburban San Diego house where Bush's family lived for nearly a year, and Lloyd Lake, Michaels' partner.
Old 05-02-2006   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayless doesn't put food on the table by being credible or consistent. He's pushing sports journalism into an over-the-top, sensational, pro-wrestling type gray area. He's leading the charge and guys like Richard Justice are his footsoldiers. Or maybe he's just Rome's lackey, now.

I used to listen to his morning call-in show on the Ticket in Dallas before he got run out of town. Don't remember if it was before or after "outing" Troy Aikman. Most boring show ever. No way you would have ever known that this is the same guy.

I don't think he can possibly take himself seriously.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read