Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Prediction
2-14 again or worse 4 2.13%
3-13 1 0.53%
4-12 7 3.72%
5-11 15 7.98%
6-10 39 20.74%
7-9 34 18.09%
8-8 42 22.34%
9-7 28 14.89%
10-6 8 4.26%
11-5 or better 10 5.32%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2006   #1
Janus3
Veteran

Default What's your predicction for the texans 2006 record?

prediction?
Old 05-01-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We'll win 16, I'm not stupid just way too optimistic.
Old 05-01-2006   #3
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I'm picking 7-9. I know FOR SURE we're not ending up 2-14 again.
Old 05-01-2006   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

6-10 is an obtainable number i think we could go for this year. 7-9 isn't out of the question either. course, we dont have to try too hard to do better than last year...
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with 7-9. It seems likely that we have the tools to be at least as good as we've ever been.
Next Year, barring catastrophic injuries - Playoffs!
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I have stated for some time I believe this is going to be a special year. I voted top of the line, but my biggest hope is that we will make the playoffs. From there anything can happen. We will be young, but we will be good. Yes, Kubiak is going to run the ball, but do not under estimate what our receiving coor is gong to be like. You are going to see some home run balls this year.

Just like the draft everyone assumed we would go offensive with the 1st pick, but we didn't. With what we have in our receiving coor with two all pros don't discount the passing game. I have a feeling Kubiak has another surprise instore for the league.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

8-8
Old 05-01-2006   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

4 - 12
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

6-10

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though I voted for 7-9, I really think 8-8 is possible. Are we better or worse right now than the 2004 Texans? I have to say better and that team finished 7-9.

Of coarse I said the exact thing last year.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

8-8
Old 05-01-2006   #12
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Voted 6-10 but think 5-11 or better is fair
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

5-11
GhostRaider2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default On any given Sunday sky's the limit...

7-9 with my brain
8-8 with my brain and and some heart
9-7 with my brain and heart and some soul
10-6 with all my brain all my heart and all soul
What may be may be but the playoffs would make my year. A tough schedule ahead but we have to play these teams hard and twice in our division...Indy, Tenny, and Jacky. throw in a few weak teams and who knows we may do it. Gotta wait and see and I'm lookin and waitin all for it...it only get better ya know...

Last edited by TexanBorn51; 05-01-2006 at 09:25 PM.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be my first post! Even though, I'm extremely upset that we passed on Bush and then took DeMeco Ryans with the next pick, it ended up working out with a great 3rd round so I'm still putting all my stock into our new coaches. I sincerely think they will make a bigger difference than people realize. We have the players for a winning team so I'm going to say that we will end up with a record of 9-7 but even if we go 0-16, my pride for the Texans will never waver. Go Texans!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #16
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51
7-8 with my brain
Yikes! What happens to the 16th game? Do you know something we don't?
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

8-8
Old 05-01-2006   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8 We'll be the 06 version of the 05 dolphins. (A team with a new Coach that came out of nowhere)....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #19
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks mon I must of been thinking with my brain. Your right don't add up went back in with edit. Thanks
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #20
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
8-8 We'll be the 06 version of the 05 dolphins. (A team with a new Coach that came out of nowhere)....
Agree, that's why I said 9-7!

We were 7-9 two years ago, we have tons more talent now than we did then so I say 9-7 is very obtainable!

Oh yeah BTW we lost tight games that year to

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read