Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Michael Smith lays the smack down on talking heads!!!

He goes out there on Around the Horn and defends the Texans pick when everyone is against it and ends up with the most points!!! Michael Smith is my favorite sportswriter WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #2
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
He goes out there on Around the Horn and defends the Texans pick when everyone is against it and ends up with the most points!!! Michael Smith is my favorite sportswriter WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I second that!
Old 05-01-2006   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, he has opened up a can of whoopass on the entire panel.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

what did he say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

He went there baby!!!

"I have forgotten more about football than any of you guys will ever know!!!"
Old 05-01-2006   #6
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I bet Michael Smith would have turned into the Incredible Hulk after that.
Old 05-01-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

You could see him greening up while Woody "BAAAA" Paige was talking!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #8
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Someone needs to make a pic of Michael Smith turning green with that quote of his: "I have forgotten more about football than any of you guys will ever know!!!"
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Micheal Smith just let them have it, I have never heard him going on a rampage like that. He really defends this pick and has defended it for the past week. I think he really does know more football than those guys will ever know, especially Paige.
Old 05-01-2006   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

I remember when he said on the show I think 2 weeks before the draft that they need to pick Williams and everyone was laughing at him.

They aren't laughing now...they're too afraid to!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #11
tiger06
Veteran

That was awesome... he took it to 'em
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #12
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker

Sorry man, but this will be one of the top 10 worst picks in the next 6-7 yrs. because of who the texans passed up on to get this guy. Don't get me wrong, i want him to be successful, but i just dont see it happening. At best he is the second coming of J. Kearse. Its not bad, but its not great either. He was just to inconsistent against alot of guys that will not make it into the NFL. Now he will have to face the best the NFL has to offer. I just dont see it getting any better. Did you see the look on Mcnair's face when they announced Mario's name and the crowd reacted. It was priceless!!! We will be seeing it again in 6-7 yrs. Team has had to many inconsistent players the last couple of yrs. and now we just picked up another one. Oh well, we should be used to it considering what we have exp. the last 4 yrs. Just another F_ _ _ed Up pick by CC and company. Oh by the way he took all the credit for drafting this guy on Texans Draft Special last night. Looked into the camara and said it was his call. Gotta believe him, unless of course, he is just willing to take the heat for Kubes when the pick does not work out.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

I've forgotten more about football than any of you guys will ever know!
Old 05-01-2006   #14
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always loved him more than that Woody Paige fat head old mustard faced man >.>
Old 05-01-2006   #15
1337texanfan
Rookie

man michael smith layed down the law on around the horn when talking about the texans draft pick.

GO MARIO!!
1337texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #16
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Yeah I saw that show too, I was suprised to see someone stick their neck out there at all. Not only did he defend us he was passionately doing so. I guess there are a few guys out there who don't assume it was all about $$$.

Mario Williams does have a lot of pressure on him, but now Bush is expected to be jordan/Sayers. Yeah good luck with that one.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Can Michael Smith replace John Mcclain???

Jordan/Bush
Bush has got to make that game winning 3-pointer. Oh wait, you can touch someone in the NFL without having a foul called. The Michael Jordan comparison is very ignorant considering the differences between sports.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #18
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

He deserved the most points. Those Around The Horn People totally suck when it comes to drafts except Micheal Smith. They did not even know who Donte Whitner was intill after the Bills drafted him let alone there was even a Donte Whitner living...
Old 05-01-2006   #19
SuperMario
Rookie

Micheal Smith should be our new GM
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #20
Specter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolbrz
Sorry man, but this will be one of the top 10 worst picks in the next 6-7 yrs. because of who the texans passed up on to get this guy. Don't get me wrong, i want him to be successful, but i just dont see it happening. At best he is the second coming of J. Kearse. Its not bad, but its not great either. He was just to inconsistent against alot of guys that will not make it into the NFL. Now he will have to face the best the NFL has to offer. I just dont see it getting any better. Did you see the look on Mcnair's face when they announced Mario's name and the crowd reacted. It was priceless!!! We will be seeing it again in 6-7 yrs. Team has had to many inconsistent players the last couple of yrs. and now we just picked up another one. Oh well, we should be used to it considering what we have exp. the last 4 yrs. Just another F_ _ _ed Up pick by CC and company. Oh by the way he took all the credit for drafting this guy on Texans Draft Special last night. Looked into the camara and said it was his call. Gotta believe him, unless of course, he is just willing to take the heat for Kubes when the pick does not work out.
Inconsistent? Michael Smith said it best when he said that you cant judge a def end byt sacks instead by pressure, qb hurries, and how he affects the rest of the line. Mario will change games man. Im sure Richard Smith will be a lot better a coach than anything he had at NC State.
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read