Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMeco Ryans on 610 now.

Listening.

Talked about how excited he was to be a Houston Texan.

Talked about the senior leadership at Alabama

Will try to help whatever the team needs. Whatever helps win games. If we are winning, I am happy with that.

He says he doesn't think he need to change his size. He is at 240--it is a nice weight for him. It is not about size, it is about heart.

SEC gets you ready for the NFL because there are no weeks off in the SEC.

It is going to be great playing behind Mario Williams.

more
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to go pick up my son in like 5 minutes. Please, somebody post a recap.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I like what I hear ... I wish my kids would say yes sir and no sir half as much as this guy ....
Old 05-01-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

He is proud of the "Top 8" award for being a student/athlete. Division I,II,III--included.

He helped out with the Hurricane Katrina folks by donating their per diem. Did fund raisers for the Red Cross. Playing and reading with kids. I am looking forward to helping kids out.

www.demecoryans.net is the website.

May 14th is when he gets to Houston.

He has met Richard Smith, the DC.
Old 05-01-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
He is proud of the "Top 8" award for being a student/athlete. Division I,II,III--included.

He helped out with the Hurricane Katrina folks by donating their per diem. Did fund raisers for the Red Cross. Playing and reading with kids. I am looking forward to helping kids out.

www.demecoryans.net is the website.

May 14th is when he gets to Houston.

He has met Richard Smith, the DC.
Getting goose bumps and I can't even listen to it.
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I like what I hear ... I wish my kids would say yes sir and no sir half as much as this guy ....
No Kidding...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
Eyeguy
Veteran

He was the team leader who was responsible for getting his teammates to donate their weekly allowance to the folks from Katrina who were relocated to U of Alb. He also made it a team rule that all players were to pick up dirty laundry off the lockerroom floor. He thought is was unfair to have the trainning staff pick up after players. He was known for donating more time to public service than anyone else on team while carring highest GPA.
Old 05-01-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

geez.. is this guy for real? If he is as great an LB as he is a person, then he is gonna be my favorite player on defense.

A DeMeco Ryans jersey is gonna be my next purchase.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Demeco Ryans has instantly become my favorite Texan linebacker eva!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I'm more impressed with this pick than ever now! Good to hear, and thanks for the re-cap!
Old 05-01-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Leadership. Smarts. And football smarts. Likes to hit people. What you like to see in your linebacker and something the Texans have needed.

If you are feeling bad about anything, poke around his website for a bit. Make you feel pretty good about our pick. Folks in Alabama like Ryans like Texas fans like VY. Face of the team.
Old 05-01-2006   #12
eltoro
Rookie

Is it at all possible that this kid could see some time at safety? He sounds like an incredibly gifted athlete and a standup guy. Great pick.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

not fast enough for safety

I think my new Texans mancrush is Demeco. Can't wait to see him this fall.
Old 05-01-2006   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, sorry I missed this.

Rather amazed that the national media didn't get a hold his story.

Getting more and more excited about the draft as the days pass.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with everyone, my new favorite player on D.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

this kid could very well be one of the best LB's that wasn't drafted in the first round...personally i thought he was better than bobby carpenter...but i was very happy to see him fall to us in round 2...can't wait to see this guy play again...by the way i was at the cotton bowl this year to see him against my texas tech red raiders and he tore us up...glad he's on our team now
Old 05-01-2006   #17
newbiefan
Rookie

Awesome, sounds like a quality pick up. Any mention of what position he will play?
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #18
falconsfan4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I agree with everyone, my new favorite player on D.
Coming from a bama fan here in alabama u got a really good player in D ryans. He is so passoniate about the game of football and a really great person he seems to be. Good luck and enjoy watching D Ryans.
falconsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #19
Eyeguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiefan
Awesome, sounds like a quality pick up. Any mention of what position he will play?
He can play all 3 LB spots in 4-3. Might be best suited for outside
Old 05-01-2006   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
He was the team leader who was responsible for getting his teammates to donate their weekly allowance to the folks from Katrina who were relocated to U of Alb. He also made it a team rule that all players were to pick up dirty laundry off the lockerroom floor. He thought is was unfair to have the trainning staff pick up after players. He was known for donating more time to public service than anyone else on team while carring highest GPA.
Does he help old ladies across the street? If he does, then he's obviously fake

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read