Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hooray for Stink and Golic

These two guys are a few that are talking sense today.

NFL Live - Draft Recap show is on currently on ESPN.

Stink and Golic sound like most of us here.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine that, give them a couple days to really think about why the Texans drafted Mario Williams and it all makes sense now. Sounds a lot like the fans on this board.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of the guys who have actually played pro ball seem to get it. Most of those who haven't played don't.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #4
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Most of the guys who have actually played pro ball seem to get it. Most of those who haven't played don't.
Like Michael Irvin
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
Like Michael Irvin
If you want to throw in your lot with a crackhead who said that VY is more ready to start right now than matt lienart.. go right ahead.. but dont be surprised when people call ya stupid.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
Like Michael Irvin
Notice he said MOST. Not all.
Old 05-01-2006   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, anyone who cares to align themselves or give credibility to Michael "That pipe's not mine, I'm taking care of it for a buddy" Irvin should not even publicly admit so.

Even Merril Hoge did a 180-degree about-face on this topic. He was practically gushing over Williams on day two. Niiiiice.

Look, emotions were high. It's done. A lesson was learned by many: Get with the Texans program if you want to be with the Texans...especially on draft day if "hearing your name called FIRST" is soooooo important to you.

Nobody wanted to trade for him. Houston signed the "other" guy the night before the draft. He has to play in a town he didn't want to play in. He didn't hear his name called "first" like he said he wanted. And he stood there holding the jersey he didn't want, wondering how it all went so horribly wrong.

Lesson learned, eh?

And for the record, I wanted Bush over Williams. But my loyalty lies with this TEAM and not who I "want" us to draft, nor how we "look" to the entire sportsworld. Good job, front office. Good job, Kubiak. Rain clouds are parting.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
UGA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
A lesson was learned by many: Get with the Texans program if you want to be with the Texans....
do you realize we have the worst "program" in the league?
UGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

UGA, love it or leave it. No one here will care if you choose to leave.
Old 05-01-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA
Tell that to bengals fans.

Tell that to Bucs fans.

Tell that to Seahawks fans.

Tell that to Patriots fans.

You go from outhouse to penthouse fairly quickly when you choose to avoid the "Detroit Lions Method" of team building.

The Steelers just won the Super Bowl, picked at the end of the first round and they still got probably the BEST RATED wide receiver in the class. How do they do that? How do you win a title and STILL get a high-claiber player even though you pick almost dead last in round one of the next year's draft?

Those teams have recently decided to go with their own method and not what the fans want, and not what the media says they should do.

I have optimism that this team's owner finally realized that our team needs to make some ugly picks that don't look so sexy on the outside, but are still of high value for what our team NEEDS. We needed another guy on the d-line, and this was a pretty easy pick. We needed two horses on the o line, and these two guys were practically a steal for where we got them.

I'm just not sold on buying into your rehab program that you're pushing for us. I think we did pretty well.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
UGA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
UGA, love it or leave it. No one here will care if you choose to leave.
im sure you and others wouldnt, because what this board lacks is varied opinions
Old 05-01-2006   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

It's ok to have your opinion but your constant whining gets old real quick. You've said your part now deal with it. Otherwise, take a hike.
Old 05-01-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA
im sure you and others wouldnt, because what this board lacks is varied opinions
Move your cursor to the upper right side...press the red button. This isn't the place to bash the Texans as you are doing.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
UGA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Move your cursor to the upper right side...press the red button. This isn't the place to bash the Texans as you are doing.
This is a place to discuss the Texans, not pat them on the back at every turn. Some fans arent overly optimistic about every move we make, and considering the abortion of a season we are coming off we have a right to say as much. But i cant be a fan, i need to find another team right? Its a short drive down I-10 to N.O right? What else am i missing?

Your avatar is cute
Old 05-01-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA
This is a place to discuss the Texans, not pat them on the back at every turn. Some fans arent overly optimistic about every move we make, and considering the abortion of a season we are coming off we have a right to say as much. But i cant be a fan, i need to find another team right? Its a short drive down I-10 to N.O right? What else am i missing?

Your avatar is cute
You're just bashing, though. Not thinking through, just bashing.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #16
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Very Excited, I've posted before the draft that MW was the better choice.
Old 05-01-2006   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe this is like an election . Its about name recognition , we were told Reggie's the greatest . Then after the Rose bowl it seemed VY was the greatest . Mel Kiper one year could not believe Mark Spindler was'nt drafted in the first round . He told Mark not to worry cause when he's a pro bowl player he'll have the last laugh .

Mario started surging because he went to the combine and blew people away while Reggie had to wait a month before it was his turn . Mario did everything that was asked when he was asked and came out great ... good for him .
Old 05-01-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

And for the record, I wanted Bush over Williams. But my loyalty lies with this TEAM and not who I "want" us to draft, nor how we "look" to the entire sportsworld. Good job, front office. Good job, Kubiak. Rain clouds are parting.
Well if there is one thing we Texans fans have learned over the last five years it every draft pick is as suprising as opening up a gift from your grandma, your pretty sure your not gonna like it but you still have to smile and have your picture taken with it.

Hey, if we can get over the DJ thing (a player that would have filled an area of need) for a player who rode the pine all last year, we can get over anything.

I do think taking Winston with the second pick in the third was so that the FO could point out we picked up sush a solid player by passing on DJ and taking NO pick. That is just crazy little ole me.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #19
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA

We "had" now we have one of the best
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read