Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
ojthecat
Veteran

Default Thank You Bob McNair

Dear Bob,

As a true fan I aplaud what you have done for me this year. You got me a new coach who will bring a winning tradition to our town. But mostly you showed me that you have a set of HUGE stones. By selected super Mario you are telling me screw the jersey sales we want to win Superbowls. That took guts. There are a few teams that are consistant winners in this league and I know that we will soon be among them.

You brought us football when no one that we would get it. And soon you will bring us championships. I can't wait for the playoffs at Reliant.

Thank you!! You are the MAN!!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Awesome
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

w00p!
Old 05-01-2006   #4
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-01-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
Dear Bob,

As a true fan I aplaud what you have done for me this year. You got me a new coach who will bring a winning tradition to our town. But mostly you showed me that you have a set of HUGE stones. By selected super Mario you are telling me screw the jersey sales we want to win Superbowls. That took guts. There are a few teams that are consistant winners in this league and I know that we will soon be among them.

You brought us football when no one that we would get it. And soon you will bring us championships. I can't wait for the playoffs at Reliant.

Thank you!! You are the MAN!!!!
Sign my name to that letter, too!

Once the Reggie/Vince disappointment wears off, you start to realize that there is great potential in this defense that Kubiak is putting together. Man, I hope they dominate and vindicate our coach's choices.
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Eyeguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Sign my name to that letter, too!

Once the Reggie/Vince disappointment wears off, you start to realize that there is great potential in this defense that Kubiak is putting together. Man, I hope they dominate and vindicate our coach's choices.
Ditto
Old 05-01-2006   #7
Texans2005
Rookie

Default Before the draft

Before the draft tickets on Ebay were very expensive.
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.
Texans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Dear Bob,

I too applaud the job you and your staff have done this offseason. Not only did your coaching/scouting staff have the gumption to make and stand by the unglamorous decision, but I believe it was absolutely the correct decision.

The fair weather fans of this city will quickly forget what is now being ignorantly heralded as a mistake, as soon as we start winning games this year. I am excited about this season and the direction of the franchise, moreso than ever since I first heard we'd be getting an NFL team in Houston.

You do and continue to operate a first-class franchise. Thanks for all of your work.

Prouder than ever to call myself a Houston Texan,

Jerek
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans2005
Before the draft tickets on Ebay were very expensive.
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.
Just talked to my season ticket rep (about upgrading, no dice this year), and she said they are running at 95% renewal rate, and NOBODY is cancelling their season tickets this morning.

I do have to wonder if the loudest barks are coming from dogs with no bite. Apparently, season ticket holders are still drinking the Kubiak koolaide.
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Dear Bob,

I too applaud the job you and your staff have done this offseason. Not only did your coaching/scouting staff have the gumption to make and stand by the unglamorous decision, but I believe it was absolutely the correct decision.

The fair weather fans of this city will quickly forget what is now being ignorantly heralded as a mistake, as soon as we start winning games this year. I am excited about this season and the direction of the franchise, moreso than ever since I first heard we'd be getting an NFL team in Houston.

You do and continue to operate a first-class franchise. Thanks for all of your work.

Prouder than ever to call myself a Houston Texan,

Jerek
Harumph! And how about something for the Williams' propagandists effort this past pre draft run up? The boys are awfully thirsty and deserve a free tall boy for each sack he puts up.

Uh-oh I smell a Houston supermarket promotion?
Old 05-01-2006   #11
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just talked to my season ticket rep (about upgrading, no dice this year), and she said they are running at 95% renewal rate, and NOBODY is cancelling their season tickets this morning.

I do have to wonder if the loudest barks are coming from dogs with no bite. Apparently, season ticket holders are still drinking the Kubiak koolaide.
Yup, have to say I was surfing Ebay to check out new listings. Nope! And Mike from the ticket office was at the Draft @ reliant Saturday, we asked him if any give ups were available, he said "no" also.

Horn blowers
Old 05-01-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:

Business as usual on the MB. I signed up the other day (finally have the cheddar) and was told the list is still at 3-4 years.
Old 05-01-2006   #13
RBforRB
Rookie

I've gotta give the staff credit. They must really believe in Mario Williams to face the expected fan backlash of not selecting Bush or Young. They're was obviously a reason they favored Mario or they wouldn't have done that. Whether it was a football, signability, personality, or whatever decision I'm sure they had their reasons to make this move.

I nearly lost it when we picked an OLB in the second; passing on the OL and DB's I felt like we needed and had available, but after catching the OL talent in the 3rd made it all better.

I wish we had got one of the DB that were picked after our pick in the fourth, but I guess there was something that turned them away from them.
RBforRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

McNair on 610 3:15 p May 1st just said he was sick & tired of sitting in his box and watching 4th quarter lead slide away.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well all I know is Gary Kubiak just may have brought the team together. Can you imagine how hard Williams is going to play for Kubes and will not take anything for granted since everyone booed him? Then that will trickle down to the other guys and if he plays well will get our defense going.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #16
WILLIEG
Veteran

I'm really happy that we picked up Williams. And for an offensive minded coach to do that is saying a lot. GK is trying to build from the inside out and that is what it takes to win in this league.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Default True Texans!!!

BRAVO!!!
Old 05-01-2006   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:

After two years, just today I was able to move down to the 500's (from 619) and to the dark side... timing is everything.

Oh, and perfect note to Mr. McNair - good post ojthecat
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I was in Houston!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
After two years, just today I was able to move down to the 500's (from 619) and to the dark side... timing is everything.
Cool! We moved from 619 after the 2003 season to the dark side 500s, too! You won't be disappointed. Those seats are great!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read