Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Babin and Peek: the losers in this draft

It seems to me that the pickup of Mario and Ryans spells the end of Babin and Peek, tweener ends/olb from the 3/4 system. I cannot imagine that either of them will see much action at the end spot, not after we paid weaver and williams.

best case, they get on the field on obvious passing downs, with Weaver moving inside. But I don't necessarily believe that Peek or Babin will provide more pass rush than Robaire Smith or TJ.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
eltoro
Rookie

Yeah - what a waste of draft picks and $ if that is the case.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

trade them!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
trade them!
For what?

Yesterday, if the Fo had wanted to, they might have got a pick but as of now theire vaule is low.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Babin showed promise at the end of last year, perhaps he can earn a spot, Peek I dont know, we might get a 3rd or 2nd round pick from a 3-4 team for him in the future.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Babin showed promise at the end of last year, perhaps he can earn a spot, Peek I dont know, we might get a 3rd or 2nd round pick from a 3-4 team for him in the future.
Unlikely considering he is an UFA in 2007

Edit: Referring to Peek
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
whiskeyrbl

IMO if youlook at FA pickups, draft, and continued signings,everybody on this team is gonna have to step it up in camp. It's about depth and internal competition. In years past we have had a substantial dropoff in talent when someone went down. It also has always been said you play like you practice, well if you were not worried about the next guy maybe you don't put out 100%, now you better. Also just read that Peek has been pumping up and has gotten thick. I for 1 am looking forward to a team with a new attitude.
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut or release Peek and Babin? Heck no. They have talent, drive and we have invested in them. Just as every other player on this team gets a pass to show Kubiak what they can do, after Kubiak and staff decided not to cut them ala Walker and Coleman, they get the right to compete for a job.

I get the feeling that we will finally see the type of defense that will get us out of our seats.
Old 05-01-2006   #9
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

They're called DEPTH now.

I like Depth in a defense.
Old 05-01-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Cut or release Peek and Babin? Heck no. They have talent, drive and we have invested in them. Just as every other player on this team gets a pass to show Kubiak what they can do, after Kubiak and staff decided not to cut them ala Walker and Coleman, they get the right to compete for a job.

I get the feeling that we will finally see the type of defense that will get us out of our seats.
I think they will continue to rotate in and out at LB. My thing was, we still had good LBs, which is why I don't fully agree with the Ryans pic, but I shrug and am willing to defer to Kubiak on this one. I liked Orr and Peek and Babin is decent enough.

I think they to us this year, defensively speaking, is a real DC. I hope Smith is as good as they have been pumping him up to be. Fangio could call plays for the Steelers defense and make them look average at best.
Old 05-01-2006   #11
RBforRB
Rookie

As I search for a new name now, I'm not unhappy about Mario at all. There's not the same excitement as if we watching Bush's everymove, but it's still good for the team.

My question is that I've frequently heard that on passing downs Weaver would move inside. I've also heard that with Mario's athleticism and size, he could play any position on the line. Is that true? That would lead me to anticipate on passing downs we might play Weaver & Williams on the inside and maybe the lighter DE's Peek and Babin on the outside to increase our pass rush. Would that be feasable? Of course I'd like to get some value in a trade for one of them, but wouldn't mind this sceneraio if we keep them and the 2 starter ends could slide inside on those plays.
RBforRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #12
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Wasn't Peek staying at LB instead of moving to DE?
Old 05-01-2006   #13
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Like many others, 2006 is a time to step up and be counted for these two. You listening PBUC?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read