Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
arenateam
Rookie

Default Vince & Reggie, regrets coming?

Any regrets out there, about not getting bush? Me personally, i say no, but obviously i wish we had bush. here's some sick footage of him in high school.

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com...mid=1001211683

:brickwall

Last edited by arenateam; 05-01-2006 at 01:16 PM.
arenateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
texans_fan06
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texans_fan06
Question

I Think We Will All Regret It If Mario Dosnt Show His Best
texans_fan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
dwilt72
Veteran

We didn't need to trade up. We had the first pick. We could have easily picked either player. Yes, I think we will regret passing on both of them.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #4
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Bush? the guy on the Saints??? This is the Texans board not the saints.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #5
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenateam
Any regrets out there, about not trading up for vince young or reggie bush? Me personally, i say no, but obviously i wish we had bush. here's some sick footage of him in high school.

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com...mid=1001211683

:brickwall
You WISH we had Reggie Bush.

We HAVE Mario Williams.

MOVE ON.
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Bush? the guy on the Saints???
More like the guy not on the Saints.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
Hawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider
You WISH we had Reggie Bush.

We HAVE Mario Williams.

MOVE ON.

Man your cleaning house on everybody talking about the draft, some people have to vent. But I understand the frustratrion on your part. I have excepted the Super Mario pick, I actually like it. Keep up the good work regulating!
Old 05-01-2006   #8
SuperMario
Rookie

I was in the draft Bush camp but, I have no regrets with us picking Super Mario. He's gonna be a beast in our division. Manning, Leftwich, and Young sre gonna feel the wrath of Super Mario
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I can't wait to see all the highlight reels of Super Mario next year. All 1000 of them played to the Super Mario Bros. theme.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Seen it like 50 times...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
Specter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
More like the guy not on the Saints.
more like the guy that wishes he WASN'T with the Saints
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #12
Specter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
I can't wait to see all the highlight reels of Super Mario next year. All 1000 of them played to the Super Mario Bros. theme.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
SuperMario
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
That would be awesome! Everytime Super Mario gets a sack we play the Super Mario Bros theme....LOL
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario
That would be awesome! Everytime Super Mario gets a sack we play the Super Mario Bros theme....LOL
No that would be gay.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
No that would be gay.
I'm sure Nintendo would love it... and wait for the cheque to drop into the mailbox
Old 05-01-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in the 'get Bush if you can't trade down for Mario' crowd, so I'm not disappointed in any regards.

Bush could be all that and a bag of chips, BUT, there are so many missed tackles and bad defenders in all his highlight reels that I anticipate NFL defenses will be hungry for this kid. They'll show him what real defenders are like.
Old 05-01-2006   #17
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario
I was in the draft Bush camp but, I have no regrets with us picking Super Mario. He's gonna be a beast in our division. Manning, Leftwich, and Young sre gonna feel the wrath of Super Mario
He's gonna be a beast like Mike Mamula and Courtney Brown were beasts in the Combine.

Yes, he'll be a beast if we play against SMU and Wake Forest.

Yes, he was a beast in the ACC, even though NC St. was ranked 4th overall def in the ACC, yes the ACC, not nationally, but just the ACC.

Yes, he was a beast against a single blocker, whereas Julius Peppers just could not be stopped.

Yes, he is a beast because he was drafted #1, even though Lendale, Bush, and VY will probably turn out to be SO much better.

Yes, he was a beast in NC St. even though every time I saw a highlight of him during draft day, the footage did not include just him but often had John Mccargo (who to me looks truly BEASTLY) and Manny Lawson, who some project to be a better pro.
Old 05-01-2006   #18
Texans2005
Rookie

Default Texans Tickets going for Less than Face Value

Before the draft Texans' tickets on Ebay were very expensive.
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.
Texans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans2005
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.
Do you plan on repeating this exact quote in every thread? I hope not.
Old 05-01-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans2005
Appreciate the update, but you can take this to the Texans tailgate forum.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read