Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
Rovator
Veteran

Default Another website giving us a high draft grade

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9408807

This site gives us an A, 3rd highest behind A+'s Baltimore and Philadelphia.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

They give us that grade in spite of the Williams pick, as they admonish us for passing on Bush.
And they really like the Winston pick, which looks real good and is more impressive than the pick of the lesser known Spencer. What is interesting to me, is why did the Texans pick Spencer ahead of Winston ? Every one has Winston rated higher. Maybe this might tell us something about the Texans
ability to rate 2 players against each other ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #3
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
They give us that grade in spite of the Williams pick, as they admonish us for passing on Bush.
And they really like the Winston pick, which looks real good and is more impressive than the pick of the lesser known Spencer. What is interesting to me, is why did the Texans pick Spencer ahead of Winston ? Every one has Winston rated higher. Maybe this might tell us something about the Texans

Been wondering that myself. Maybe there was a possible trade in the works?
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Or maybe they did it alphabetically(sp).
Old 05-01-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I thought its was interesting as well and felt that the idea was to try and see if there was any demand for Winston as the Spencer pick may have had some teams scratching their head, when Winston seemed like the logical pick for us. But if the plan was to have Spencer at LT and Winston at RT, then it would make sense that you pick the LT first when going back to back.
Old 05-01-2006   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
Been wondering that myself. Maybe there was a possible trade in the works?

Maybe to keep the option of a trade open. If someone wanted Winston they still had time to move up and get him.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
SuperMario
Rookie

We chose pretty quick after the Spencer pick. I don't think there was a trade in the works. If there was, i'm glad we didn't bite on it. We finally got some stud O-lineman
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Maybe spencer is better then we think :o
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario
We chose pretty quick after the Spencer pick. I don't think there was a trade in the works. If there was, i'm glad we didn't bite on it. We finally got some stud O-lineman
I don't think you can hand two picks in at once. I'm willing to bet it was just they way the board was set. So...maybe they thought Spencer was better, or it could mean nothing.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Specter
Rookie

Quote:
Im guessing because of financial reasons? picking winston ahead of spencer might have cost them more money as he was projected to go in the first round. but to be honest, it didnt matter because they were picked back to back so whatever.
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
Specter
Rookie

maybe we're looking too much into it. haha
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #12
SuperMario
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter
maybe we're looking too much into it. haha
Agreed! Either way we finally drafted some O-Lineman that could help us right away.
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #13
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Quote:

Here is my theory on why we took Winston with the 2nd pick in the 3rd round.

Since we acquired that pick via trade with NO, it makes the trade look better since you got Eric Winston, the "known" player.

So now you tell everyone how we got Eric Winston for moving down 3 spots last year and drafting TJ.

I know it sounds stupid, but it makes sense b/c trades are always evaluated.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Perhaps because they see Spencer as a left tackle, and Winston a right tackle. Left tackles are generally paid more but the real difference initially will be negligible since they are one pick apart.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
What is interesting to me, is why did the Texans pick Spencer ahead of Winston ? Every one has Winston rated higher. Maybe this might tell us something about the Texans
I think, it was to give us fans a minor heart attack, did you see our MB blow up with "?"s when it happened? but it recovered about 30 secs later when we got Winston.
Old 05-01-2006   #16
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

There were a couple other times teams picked back to back and ESPN always had a slight delay in the "pick alert" even though at least once I saw a guy handing two cards in at the same time.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is it finally feels good to draft a lineman someone has heard of.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read