Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2006   #1
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default I hate our "hometown" paper

What on the front page of chron.com?

A picture of mutha****in' Bud Adams and Vince Young

If the Moronicle buildings caught fire and burned to the ground tomorrow I'd have no problem with that.
Old 05-01-2006   #2
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
What on the front page of chron.com?

A picture of mutha****in' Bud Adams and Vince Young

If the Moronicle buildings caught fire and burned to the ground tomorrow I'd have no problem with that.
This just in, Vince is a Houstonian.
Old 05-01-2006   #3
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
This just in...our paper shouldn't give Bud Adams the f'ing time of day, let along front page coverage
Old 05-01-2006   #4
BradK10
Hall of Fame

My email to the chron.com (I rule...well, at least when I'm buzzin')

Quote:
I'd like to report a problem with the front page of chron.com

It has a picture of Bud Adams and Vince Young. I'm sorry, I didn't know I had accidentally typed in tennessean.com.

Seriously, the Chronicle and it's sports writers have been an embarassment to this city this weekend.

Brad Harrison
Katy, TX via Phoenix, AZ
Old 05-01-2006   #5
Huge1
Rookie

Quote:
My email to the chron.com (I rule...well, at least when I'm buzzin')
Totally agree with you Brad. I too live in the Phoenix area (Scottsdale, via Clear Lake) and got on the Chronicle's website before logging on here. What a joke.
Huge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im with ya. The Chronicle seems to be working AGAINST the Texans sometimes. Which is just crazy.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This just in...our paper shouldn't give Bud Adams the f'ing time of day, let along front page coverage

AGREED!!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain must feel like he just won the lotto. Rest assured that the Titans will now be getting as much coverage in the Southwest Tennessean Sports....err.. the Chronicle Sports, as the Texans.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
this just in. vince plays in nashville now, and we have our own team. they are priority one for the chronicle when it comes to covering professional football in HOUSTON.
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Absolutely meaningless.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

technically Bud Adams is a Houstonian too...

I believe he still lives in Houston most of the time.
Old 05-01-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Great stuff by the Chronicle. Perhaps McNair should take his team away form Houston in order to get better coverage. Friggin tools on the sports writing staff. They should go just as Capers and staff went.
Old 05-01-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Rabble rousing IMO. This is the best case scenario for the Chronicle. Anybody else keep hearing McClain repeatedly talking about how good of a story this would make?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #14
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Rabble rousing IMO. This is the best case scenario for the Chronicle. Anybody else keep hearing McClain repeatedly talking about how good of a story this would make?
McClain is getting worse & worse.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

IMO this will subside some as the weather gets hotter and the players take the field .... I hope
Old 05-01-2006   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Amost forgot...McClain was part of VY's entourage at the draft. Kept saying he was VY's mom's brother to get into press restricted areas. And they let him in.
Old 05-01-2006   #17
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Amost forgot...McClain was part of VY's entourage at the draft. Kept saying he was VY's mom's brother to get into press restricted areas. And they let him in.
He wasn't part of his freaking entourage. He was just following him to get some soundbites for 610 that day.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
He wasn't part of his freaking entourage. He was just following him to get some soundbites for 610 that day.
Maybe I missed something. Thanks for clarifying.
lol....He talked about it like he was part of the entourage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read