Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2004   #1
Jerinmichigan
waterboy

Thumbs up Robaire Smith

Coming from a fellow FLINT DOG I have to commend the Houston Texans on their signing of Robaire Smith, I saw him last weekend and BEAR IS HUGE, this guy is going to turn some heads for the fans when he hits the feild. I hope to get down there and watch him a couple of times...... Good Job Houston.
Jerinmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004   #2
Texansbacker
Veteran

I hope Robaire is going to be as good as Gary Walker and Seth Payne (and both healthy) and with Deloach and Sears off the bench and the other pieces of the secondary and linebackers......the TEXANS D would be arguably one of the best in the league......certainly at controling the line of scrimmage.

I have never watched Robaire Smith when watching the Titans, as I watched big Hanynesworth or whatever that dudes name.

Hope he is strong verses the run and unstoppable rushing the passer!
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Health

We all know that a healthy D-Line is going to do wonders for our D, but a healthy Glenn on one corner and a sober Coleman at safety can also! Let's hope everything goes well!
Old 05-10-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

our defense should be much better than it was our inaugural season barring injuries. im hoping somewhere around the 8th-12th ranked D.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #5
Htown34s
Veteran

I watched one of last seasons Texans v Titans games again the other day, Robaire was impressive. Definately a good grab this offseason.
Old 05-10-2004   #6
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

As long as our D doesnt have as many injuries as last season then we should have a dependable run smahing, ball hawking defense. If Robaire is as good as advertised, our line will be on of the leagues best barring injury.
Old 05-10-2004   #7
Texansbacker
Veteran

Barring injury is the key. I thought after the Miami game with the way Seth Payne was playing it was going to be an interesting year. Once Payne went down it opened up a huge hole, like cutting a main vain. A run to glory may only commence if our D-line dominates.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2004   #8
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
Barring injury is the key. I thought after the Miami game with the way Seth Payne was playing it was going to be an interesting year. Once Payne went down it opened up a huge hole, like cutting a main vain. A run to glory may only commence if our D-line dominates.
Good point, I remember after containing R. Williams in Miami, I thought our D line would be dominant. Which it would have been with out the injury, but the ijuries really exposed depth.
Old 05-11-2004   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the word "contained" Ricky Williams is a good word because he did have a run that could've ruined our chances of winning if not for a bad holding call. But that is another story because the bottom line is we won that game. But for the most part, the Saints were not really winning that game until Payne went down. Because then Brooks had all the time in the world to throw since play action was working for them big time with Mcallister. One thing about Payne, is even though he plays the nose, he tends to get in the backfield to start disrupting QBs timing and we missed that last year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #10
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
Barring injury is the key. I thought after the Miami game with the way Seth Payne was playing it was going to be an interesting year.
Seth Payne's neck is so huge, he should count as 2 people. It's like sneaking in a 4th linemen in our 3-4 defense.
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #11
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Seth Payne and Walker were the heart of the defense. In one play we lost 1/2 of it.
Old 05-12-2004   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Payne is key for us. He has to be healthy if we're going anywhere this season.
Old 05-12-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Payne is key for us. He has to be healthy if we're going anywhere this season.
He is, he controlled Miami's offensive line the first game of the season, stupid AstroTurf.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read