Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Erik Winston = T-Rex

Now call me crazy but I had this idea that Erik Winston is a T-Rex.

I was watching TV last night reflecting on the draft, and I happened to come across a show talking about T-Rex's. Now you may know that they have ridiculously little arms, and I was thinking how the big knock on Winston was his short arms.

Then I thought he's big, nasty, with short arms.....

Winston is a T-Rex. An absolute monster for our O-Line.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan

I was watching TV last night reflecting on the draft, and I happened to come across a show talking about T-Rex's. Now you may know that they have ridiculously little arms, and I was thinking how the big knock on Winston was his short arms.

So you would go up against him?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #3
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Just ... don't ... move ...
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan

So you would go up against him?
I fell out of my chair from the laughing.
Old 04-30-2006   #5
bigcarlos
Veteran

As long as he doesnt run into a smaller dinosaur that will hit him in the knee
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston doesn't like people that call him a T-Rex.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

Damn, I told Jack Del Rio not to call him that.
Old 07-25-2006   #8
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:

especially Luke Skywalker. Even the force cant stop this man....oh my God, who have we dafted?

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #9
Rosewood
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan

Winston is a beast on the field..i promise texans fans will love what they see in him...If not for the knee injury a couple years ago, he would have been the top linemen in the draft...
Old 07-25-2006   #10
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

lol very funny. Is it me or are we running out of material for threads. Hey LUCY has Training Camp started yet. lol.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the comparison to the Geico cave man was closer. Those two pictures were hilarious. From here on out I'm calling Winston "Captain Cave Man"

Old 07-25-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. I am pretty sure I have seen him on Cops or something. IIRC he is a serial killer of big people that wear padded clothes and plastic hats. Been going on for several years and hundreds have bit the dust.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Captain Cave Man it is. Eric Winston = Captain Cave Man.

Someone needs to inform him that we call him Captain Cave Man. Unga Bunga!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just came across a Midland local paper that took some notes from Winston's personal journal.

Quote:
Camp started July 28th, I think, because during camp everyday is like the movie "Groundhog Day."

It is the same exact schedule everyday. You wake up at the same time, dinner is served at the same time, and all the meetings and practices are at the same time.

So naturally you easily lose track of what day it is. Camp so far has been productive to say the least. The practices are very challenging and the tempo is fast, and so far I am happy with the way I've played.

Of course I have a long way to go but I feel like I have got better every practice and hopefully will continue to do so for the rest of camp.

It is still too early to talk about depth charts, and I'm concentrating solely on playing the best I can and letting all that sort itself out because it always does.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I was within eye and earshot of Winston giving a lengthy interview to television station crew Sunday morning. He seemed very down to earth, very accomodating, well spoken, and glad to be here. A very deep voice befitting his intimidating self. It's still early in camp and he knows his place but it's clear he wants to start. We are lucky to have him and Spencer.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #16
kingh99

i think someone already (properly) annointed Winston as Mango Salsa.

As far as I'm concerned, that's his name now.
Old 08-02-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Comments from Miami Hurricane board.
http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/foru...mode=1&smode=1

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Quote:
If Winston returns to his pre-injury form he's a fixture at tackle for the next decade. He was better than D'Brickashaw Ferguson before his injury.
The way he has rehabbed, he will undoubtedly regain pre-injury status....................and I think that is exactly what Kub is thinking. Although only having watched Winston a few times in his "prime," I would not be surprised to see him being nose to nose with D'brick some day in the not so far future.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Winston at Guard?

He has big shoulders but he's more long and lean (relatively speaking) than what you typically see at G. He has the look of a RT and has the frame to carry 10-15 more lbs. easily.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #20
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99
i think someone already (properly) annointed Winston as Mango Salsa.

As far as I'm concerned, that's his name now.
You guys can call him what ever you want. I am going to call him Mr. Winston, sir!
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read