Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question When you think of Houston Texans what team would you envision?

weird question , I know but the Team I would envision would have a smash mouth Defense and an offense that is run oriented (not boring and not keep it close) yet can go deep on ya.

I think that is why I am calm with the way our draft has gone..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
weird question , I know but the Team I would envision would have a smash mouth Defense and an offense that is run oriented (not boring and not keep it close) yet can go deep on ya.

I think the run is going to be important, but Kubiak has indicated he wil run when he has to and pass when he has to. In other words we will do what we need to do to win. He has the people to have a top notch passing game and we could have an above average running game. I think we are going to be fun to watch.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yup, that's pretty much my view on it too.
Old 04-30-2006   #4
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

I see a team with a lot of offensive weapons, where opposing defenses can't focus on one or will be burned by others. I see a defense that while it doesn't look spectacular, it makes offenses nervous at facing them because they have no problem delivering hard shots.
Old 04-30-2006   #5
dwilt72
Veteran

Right now I'm envisioning the Cincinnati Bengals of the 90's.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I envision a team that's going to have some creativity on both sides of the ball, but not be predictable like we have been. I can't help but think our running game is going to improve with the new system. I'm sure we'll see some similarities with Denver. Anything is better than what they've put on the field in the past.

I really expect to see some of the existing players shine like we've never seen them before. I just believe that having a new coaching staff and new system is going to help those guys.

As for the draft, I'm OK with it. We got a couple of guys that should contribute right away on defense, and we got a couple for the OL. Neither Young, nor Bush could step right on this team and carry them to the playoffs, but maybe adding Mario will help us get a winning record sooner.

Yes, I'm still pulling for the home team!
Old 04-30-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans
I envision a team that's going to have some creativity on both sides of the ball, but not be predictable like we have been. I can't help but think our running game is going to improve with the new system. I'm sure we'll see some similarities with Denver. Anything is better than what they've put on the field in the past.

I really expect to see some of the existing players shine like we've never seen them before. I just believe that having a new coaching staff and new system is going to help those guys.

As for the draft, I'm OK with it. We got a couple of guys that should contribute right away on defense, and we got a couple for the OL. Neither Young, nor Bush could step right on this team and carry them to the playoffs, but maybe adding Mario will help us get a winning record sooner.

Yes, I'm still pulling for the home team!
I agree. Switching to a 4-3 defense will help both Robaire and TJ. With the addition of Williams our pass rush will be WAY better than any we had in the past. Better pass-rush = better secondary. Im excited that Eric Winston fell to us. I am surprised that we passed on Winston Justice. Overall, we had a good draft, but I wish we would of addressed our secondary.

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2006   #8
big homey
Veteran

I think our offense will be much like the Broncos', but with a little more emphasis on the pass with guys like Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. Our offense won't be as explosive as it would've been with Bush, but if Morency and Lundy are properly used to support DD, the ground game should be dominant if the O-line comes together.

The defense sports guys like Antwan Peek, Dunta Robinson, Travis Johnson, and now DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams. That signals to me a lot of aggression and attacking the opponent. If Babin and Orr play up to what they showed late last season, this could turn out to be a dangerous unit. We could lead the league in sacks - the good way.
Old 04-30-2006   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

An OL that'll give Carr some time and a DL that'll get in a QB's grille.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's time other teams felt the sting when they play us. I'm a defensive fan. I played DT and love attacking defenses. I hated the read and react that Vic Fangio favored and I am excited about Richard Smith wanting to punish other teams. Why let them dictate the game? You want to pass? Go ahead, we'll let you get to your 3rd step before we get into your facemask. Try a run? That hole will close up before you can say cutback.

It's time to bring about a new house of pain.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #11
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I think what may be most important is that the defense won't spend 40 minutes a game on the field now.

With the drafting of some OL help, I think that we could actually put together some sustained drives.

Last year was miserable because it was 3 and out, and then the defense gives up a long drive, gets tired, and then f'ing Pendry runs, runs, short slant to AJ or short crossing pattern to Gaffney that would yield 4 yards, leaving us in 4th and 5.

I think the new balance of talent on offense and defense will go a LONG way in game management.

I still see many low scoring games for the offense though, until the OL gels and CArr can build some confidence. The beginning of the schedule is a little too imposing for a new team with many different pieces in place.
Old 05-01-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

This will sound a bit blasphemous, but in the begining..... 2002, I envisioned the superbowl winning Cowboys of the 90s. Being dedicated to running the football, small gains, whatever..... beat the D into submission, and open up the running game in the 4th quarter. But always a threat to make the big play on play action.

But now, with the speed we have at reciever, I'm thinking Greatest Show on turf, with a little zone(cut)blocking thrown in the mix.

When it was working in New Orleans..... the Gulf Coast offense.
Old 05-01-2006   #13
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I'd rather us have a Elite defense and a Good Offense then a Elite Offense and a good Defense...Defense is just more fun to watch when it comes to hard hits and shuttin people...Then you get to see more of your offense!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read