Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
Andre_Johnson88
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via MSN to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via Yahoo to Andre_Johnson88
Question Jerome Mathis in the future

Hey all this draft talk is great and all but I wanted to bring up some things I wanted to discuss about Jerome Mathis.First, after this season we all discovered how GREAT of a returner he has become and how fast he really is.However, do yall think there is a good chance he could become a good WR for us?I mean with his electrifying speed one would think he could be a gamebreaker!I definately just look forward to seeing more great returns this next season out of him!Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson88
Hey all this draft talk is great and all but I wanted to bring up some things I wanted to discuss about Jerome Mathis.First, after this season we all discovered how GREAT of a returner he has become and how fast he really is.However, do yall think there is a good chance he could become a good WR for us?I mean with his electrifying speed one would think he could be a gamebreaker!I definately just look forward to seeing more great returns this next season out of him!Thoughts?
He saw a little bit of time at WR last year, and I guess it'll happen again next season. As to whether or not he'll be a full-time WR, I have no clue. It depends on two things; Does he have the skill it takes, and can our coaches take advantage of it. Only time will tell
Old 04-30-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

He caught one of the few long-ball touchdown passes from Carr, I believe.
Old 04-30-2006   #4
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

I'd like to see him beat Walters Armstrong and any other crap we have and become the 3rd WR...I see us going to a 3 WR set more but that's just me.
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #5
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
I'd like to see him beat Walters Armstrong and any other crap we have and become the 3rd WR...I see us going to a 3 WR set more but that's just me.
I like Walter but Armstrong will never be an impact guy.

He does catch everything though.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Mathis can become a legit reciever.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #7
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson88

from all I am hearing, he has some growing up to do. He was told stay away from motorcycles and went and got himself injured (sure it is offseason..BUT what's to say when told run this route, he doesn't say I know this route is better for me) I heard that he was kind of who are you when being coached in minicamp, so hopefully Moulds and AJ can help him see you might be fast BUT you can just as fast be gone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read