Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The 5 Stages Of Grief (where are you?)

DENIAL --- WTF!? No, this is just a smokescreen. This can't be true. Until Tagliabue stands up there and says we're taking Williams I won't believe it.

ANGER --- ARE YOU ****ing SERIOUS!!!! We just passed up the greatest prospect in the last 10 years for Mario $#%&ing Williams???!!! THREE ****ING MONTHS OF VINCE VS REGGIE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GIVE US!!!!! **** it, I'm a Titans/Cowboys fan. Cancel my season tickets!!

BARGAINING --- Ok, if we trade the rest of our picks, plus all of our picks for the next three years, plus Bob McNair's horse so we can move up and take Bush or Young I'll keep my tickets and remain a Texans fan.

DEPRESSION --- OH...MY...GOD. We just passed on Bush AND Young. We are the ****ing laughing stock of the sports world. I'm embarassed to even say I'm from Houston right now. I feel like I'm about to puke.

ACCEPTANCE --- Ok. It's been 48 hours since I found out we were taking Mario Williams. He's going to be a stud on our D-Line. We still have Davis, Johnson and Moulds on offense. With the addition of Williams, Ryans and Weaver our defense might actually be able to stop the run next year. Everything is going to be okay. Maybe Bush and Young will both be busts and we'll look like freaking geniuses in three years. Take a deep breath...exhale.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot to add one that isn't really a stage of grief...

Excitement.

Even if Bush and Young are the best in the class, if the Texans become winners it won't matter. There are always going to be great players that don't play for the Texans. If the Texans can become one of the elite teams you'll be happy to watch them come here and lose to the Texans' powerhouse team led by an awesome defense.
Old 04-30-2006   #3
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
DENIAL --- WTF!? No, this is just a smokescreen. This can't be true. Until Tagliabue stands up there and says we're taking Williams I won't believe it.

ANGER --- ARE YOU ****ing SERIOUS!!!! We just passed up the greatest prospect in the last 10 years for Mario $#%&ing Williams???!!! THREE ****ING MONTHS OF VINCE VS REGGIE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GIVE US!!!!! **** it, I'm a Titans/Cowboys fan. Cancel my season tickets!!

BARGAINING --- Ok, if we trade the rest of our picks, plus all of our picks for the next three years, plus Bob McNair's horse so we can move up and take Bush or Young I'll keep my tickets and remain a Texans fan.

DEPRESSION --- OH...MY...GOD. We just passed on Bush AND Young. We are the ****ing laughing stock of the sports world. I'm embarassed to even say I'm from Houston right now. I feel like I'm about to puke.

ACCEPTANCE --- Ok. It's been 48 hours since I found out we were taking Mario Williams. He's going to be a stud on our D-Line. We still have Davis, Johnson and Moulds on offense. With the addition of Williams, Ryans and Weaver our defense might actually be able to stop the run next year. Everything is going to be okay. Maybe Bush and Young will both be busts and we'll look like freaking geniuses in three years. Take a deep breath...exhale.
I went straight to acceptance.....Williams is the best Defensive player in the draft, we got two oline and a very good OLB.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
I went straight to acceptance.....Williams is the best Defensive player in the draft, we got two oline and a very good OLB.

I did too. at some point in time you have to draft the Uglies
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down

Anger
Annoyed
Sad
Acceptance
Optimistic
Excited<----check me out. I was going to change my MySpace Layout from VY to Mario, but there is no such thing..
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While a shock on Friday night, I immediately went to acceptance. There is no point crying over spilt milk, and nobody knows how this draft will truly work out until the team takes the field.

I'm glad that Coach Kubiak is helping out the defense, to be honest. I was concerned that he might fall into the trap that other offensive minded head coaches find themselves in by concentrating too much on one side of the ball.
Old 04-30-2006   #7
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Acceptance!! It makes no sense for me to be angry at everybody over something that I have no control of. Can't wait for the season to get started!!!
Old 04-30-2006   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

Luv Ya Blue
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #9
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm accepting. I can't wait for training camp to get started and see what the new coaches, new system, new players, and old players are going to do.

Old 04-30-2006   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

In Koob We Trust
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Never rached any state of grief
Old 04-30-2006   #12
TxnFanatic
Rookie

I never will find ACCEPTANCE for this pick, Im not sure which waterhead retard made this choice, but this is ridiculous. Im sure Mario will be a good player, but to pass on a ONCE in a LIFETIME talent like Bush is mind boggling. He would instantly make the whole offense better. He would free up the recievers, make the O-line better instantly just because they wouldnt have to hold their blocks as long and he would give David the safety outlet that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. For all those that say defense wins championships, I say look at the Cowboys of the 90's. Offense baby, offense. We had a chance for our own triplets and the chance for immortality. Now, we are just the laughing stock of the NFL. Again! The Texan braintrust (use that term lightly) has repeatedly said Mario "has the potential" to be the next Reggie White. Potential? I dont want potential. I'll pose this question. Would you have rather had Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith or Reggie White? I dont recall Reggie scoring that many TD's. This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.
TxnFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #13
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnFanatic
I never will find ACCEPTANCE for this pick, Im not sure which waterhead retard made this choice, but this is ridiculous. Im sure Mario will be a good player, but to pass on a ONCE in a LIFETIME talent like Bush is mind boggling. He would instantly make the whole offense better. He would free up the recievers, make the O-line better instantly just because they wouldnt have to hold their blocks as long and he would give David the safety outlet that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. For all those that say defense wins championships, I say look at the Cowboys of the 90's. Offense baby, offense. We had a chance for our own triplets and the chance for immortality. Now, we are just the laughing stock of the NFL. Again! The Texan braintrust (use that term lightly) has repeatedly said Mario "has the potential" to be the next Reggie White. Potential? I dont want potential. I'll pose this question. Would you have rather had Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith or Reggie White? I dont recall Reggie scoring that many TD's. This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.
and at this minute in time Mr Reggie Bush is just potential
Old 04-30-2006   #14
TxnFanatic
Rookie

Bush has been a virtual "highlight film" every year since Jr.High. Super Mario had a very nice half season.
Old 04-30-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
He may not score TD's but I will bet he will stop a few,and cause some havoc in opposing teams backfields. All these college players come out with 'POTENTIAL" till they prove themselves at this level. If you don't like the way things are going, I see this is your first post....You could make it your last!
Old 04-30-2006   #16
TxnFanatic
Rookie

I am NOT knocking Mario or his talent or potential talent. I'm knocking the thought process that Texan Mgmt demonstrated at this crucial time in our rebuilding. We can agree to disagree.
Old 04-30-2006   #17
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.
This year's draft addressed two of three problems;

a) no defensive pass rush ( bush nor young can fix this)

b) no pass protection (young can't fix that, nor can bush)

c) 3 and out offense... ( this would be the only reason to draft bush or Young)

I hope you and your kind are wrong, but also hope your thinking extends to the PSL holders so I can get better seats. It is simple for me...defense wins championships and we play Indy twice a year and have lost EVERY year.

By SIGNING our first round draft choice, we will able to focus on getting this NEW defense working...

See you at the game, Cuz
Old 04-30-2006   #18
stone temple
Rookie

whatever happened to drafting talent over position? i am almost as shocked today, as i read these posts, as i was yesterday when mario was officially announced. we, as texans fans, have a right to be outraged by this pick. you guys can spin this thing as much as you want, but the bottom line is passing on reggie and vince is unjustifiable.
stone temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone temple
whatever happened to drafting talent over position? i am almost as shocked today, as i read these posts, as i was yesterday when mario was officially announced. we, as texans fans, have a right to be outraged by this pick. you guys can spin this thing as much as you want, but the bottom line is passing on reggie and vince is unjustifiable.
Blah Blah... Atomic Bomb.. Blah Blah...
Old 04-30-2006   #20
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone temple
will you be saying that as Williams flattens Mr Young? Nope didn't think so. Yeah Bush might have been the BPA but Mario helps the team more. Lets see how much playing time Bush and Young get next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read