Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default 2007 Defense

Anyone else really looking forward to watching some Defense this season?

I know I am.
Old 04-30-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i can't wait, yaaaahhhoooooo

Oct. 15=super mario gettin 3 sacks, and Owens will get mad at drew bledsoe for not passing him the ball and parcells will bench owens

texans-24
cowboys-7

im trying to get tickets for that game, so maybe ill see yall there
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Heck yeah - if we can eventually get to that level that I saw Pittsbugh put on Indy in the AFCC last season, I'll be giddy with these selections. (Yeah, I said giddy.)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in the Bush camp.............and am super ecstatic that the powers that be dont listen to the common fan.

Look at our division. White, Young, Brown, Manning, Harrison, Wayne. So much offense. If the Texans ever expect to win in this division we needed D. 31st wasent gonna cut it.

This is the first time I can step back and look at this team and see, not only the quality of our starters, but the depth as well. If you are gonna play for four quarters of football you had better have the depth to do it cus its gonna take the whole team.

Games are won and lost on the front lines and both our D and O line are starting to look pretty solid.

Can't wait for Mario Williams to break someone in half.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I was in the Bush camp.............and am super ecstatic that the powers that be dont listen to the common fan.

Look at our division. White, Young, Brown, Manning, Harrison, Wayne. So much offense. If the Texans ever expect to win in this division we needed D. 31st wasent gonna cut it.

This is the first time I can step back and look at this team and see, not only the quality of our starters, but the depth as well. If you are gonna play for four quarters of football you had better have the depth to do it cus its gonna take the whole team.

Games are won and lost on the front lines and both our D and O line are starting to look pretty solid.

Can't wait for Mario Williams to break someone in half.
For us to make an impact in this division we needed a defence as there's no way we would win any shoot outs - especially not against the Colts. Remember Defence Wins Championships
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
I am! Love defense!

Now I know that Babs and Peek are not going anywhere. Either guy must transition fully to one position.

Babin must become a DE
Peek in to a LB

No more tweener ****!
I agree that they both need to stick to one position. Not sure about Peek at LB though - especially his pass coverage skills.
Old 04-30-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Lets hope they don't leave Dunta hanging on a line in the middle of nowhere again... please draft a DB!! I'm ecstatic with this defense.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2006   #8
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
I agree that they both need to stick to one position. Not sure about Peek at LB though - especially his pass coverage skills.
I've read a few quotes to the effect that he is the best coverage LB on the roster. Richard Smith badly wants to play Peek at strongside LB. The Williams pick allows this to happen.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #9
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoX
I've read a few quotes to the effect that he is the best coverage LB on the roster. Richard Smith badly wants to play Peek at strongside LB. The Williams pick allows this to happen.
I thought last season he had problems with pass coverage, but heck if Smith thinks he's best suited to OLB I'm not going to argue with him
Old 04-30-2006   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

As long as every game has an opposing unconscious fullback.
Old 04-30-2006   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
As long as every game has an opposing unconscious fullback.
HEHE, that's the spirit!!
Old 04-30-2006   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i can't wait, yaaaahhhoooooo

Oct. 15=super mario gettin 3 sacks, and Owens will get mad at drew bledsoe for not passing him the ball and parcells will bench owens

texans-24
cowboys-7

im trying to get tickets for that game, so maybe ill see yall there
bring your body armor, I went to the preseason game last season. I live in Dallas area, so am used to their ignorance (tearing off antenna's with Texans antenna balls and Texans stickers). But I had parents (Cowboys fans) cussing and throwing things in front of their kids...guys trash talking about see you in parking lot, the terrible crime my wife and I committed. she wore David Carr's jersey and I had on my 1st game Texans-Cowboys T-shirt showing Reliant Stadium..OK OK we cheered on Texans...but thats all I swear ...LOL
Old 04-30-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a video I saw on the web, if you know which one I am talking about please post it, must see to belive.

The goverment wanted to know what would happen if a plane slamed into a wall of a nucular power plant. So they built a wall out in the middle of the desert and proceeded to take a fighter plane and fly it 500 miles an hour into this wall. On impact, the plane atomized. Nothing left. The wall, didn't even budge. Might have scratched some of the paint off.

My point? I would compare either VY or RB to the fighter plane. Fast, mobile, armed to the teeth, fun to watch, sleak and sexy. And the wall, is Mario Williams, boring to watch, no frills, not exciting, doesnt do much for you, quiet. But for all the hype, all the frills and bells and whistles as that plane had, was no match for a properly assembled, boring ole wall.

I am hoping Mario Williams will be part of the foundation that the rest of D will construct itself on, our foundation being Willams, Johnson, Smith, Weaver, Kalu, Payne, Babin. Not a bad start. Let the Young's, Bush's, Manning's, Harrison's, and whoever else thinks they are a fighter plane, come on and try out our wall, same results every time.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read