Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2006   #1
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Be Optimistic

For everyone who is frustrated and sad about the fact that Reggie Bush is not a texan i have some advice.
  • Live with it: I wanted Reggie as bad as you did and when i first saw the news about mario i was enraged. After thinking about it and knowing that theres nothing you can do about it (unless u guys dont want a football team again cause of you STUPID BANDWAGON MORONS WHO CANT STICK BY A TEAM BECAUSE THEY TAKE RISK) it hit me that wow the texans lost 6 games due to the fact that they have no pass rush this fixes that.
  • Cheer the team: Cause if u love football so much you say u do u would stick by the team. You know your going to watch the games anyway so chill.
  • Think about it: Think about how much the texans addressed this draft. THINK ABOUT IT!!! dont linger on RB or VY cause HEY THEY HAVENT PLAYED A DOWN YET AND THEY COULD BE HORRIBLE OR GREAT and normally in this situation they just turn out being good.

Be Optimistic!!!!!!

This needs to be Houston Sports Fans theme

Be Optimistic until the team goes 0-16 if these decisions dont work out for us which is 50-50 cause we dont know.
Old 04-30-2006   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at the changes the team has made through the 1st day of the draft.

The coaching philosophy and experience with offensive schemes that have proven success will improve the offense. The addition of Moulds, Putzier, and Walters will improve the offense. The additions to the O-Line will improve the offense.

A new attacking style defense will be a nice change. Adding cornerstones like Williams and Ryans (this guy was the 16th rated prospect by ESPN) will improve the defense. FA like Weaver, Cowart, Rainer, and Kalu also improve the defense.

I think the improvements can be good for 7 more points each game on offense and 7 less points per game on the defensive side.

That would have been good last season, if you go game by game that would have been good for at least 6 more wins. A couple other games could have been changed because of how the final minutes played out.

On the season it would have meant 372 points scored and 319 points given up. Instead of 260 and 431 respectively. I still contend that the Texans were better than a 2-14 team. They didn't finish the games and that's the failure of the team, but it won't be as hard to get the team back on track.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be a very interesting year. I would love to see a 7 win season and enthusiasm return on Sundays. However, a 4 or less winning season would be an ugly turn of events. It all starts against Philly!
Old 04-30-2006   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
..."Before the draft, it almost felt like they were doing too much for us offensively," Carr said. "Every day it seemed they were bringing in a new guy to help me. First it was Kevin Walter, then Eric Moulds, then Jeb Putzier and Mike Flanagan. It was like, 'Coach, this might be enough already.'

"Kubiak has done a great job. Now we just need to stop some people. The defense is now getting some guys, and that's how it should be."

Even though the Texans are still seeking another running back for depth, they have confidence in Davis as a No. 1.

"Domanick is a great back," Texans owner Bob McNair said. "He fits our scheme well. He's a great cutback runner, and Gary's experience has been (that) he's always been able to find backs that will fit this system. They have become 1,000-yard runners. If they are really a good back, they will gain 1,500 yards."...
chronic
I think they're building this team well. The optimistic Texan homer in me believes it.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read