Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2006   #1
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05
Default This is intersting....

I know Carr was hurt in 2004 but he only had like 15 sacks in 12 games? Theres increible and what happend? I have a hard time believing Seth Wand is that much better than Victory Riley.....
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
I know Carr was hurt in 2004 but he only had like 15 sacks in 12 games? Theres increible and what happend? I have a hard time believing Seth Wand is that much better than Victory Riley.....
If you won't believe the answer, why ask the question?
Old 04-29-2006   #3
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Did something change? I mean if this is true then why did we ever replace Seth Wand?
Old 04-29-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did something change? I mean if this is true then why did we ever replace Seth Wand?
Now THAT is the question.

Apparently Mike Sherman thinks much more of Wand than Pendry did. We didn't pursue any LTs in free agency and waited until the 3rd round to draft a tackle. Winston will be good depth and groomed for the future - probably to replace Weigert at RT. Sherman thinks Wand has the skills we need, and now Wand is getting the coaching he needs. I can't wait for training camp!
Old 04-29-2006   #5
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

I don't think Winston or Spencer are being Groomed...are Line sucked there going to playing NOW. IF we have new revolution and Wand ISN'T THAT BAD! then I would see him at RT and Winston at LT with Spencer/Mckinney fighting it out for RG and of course Packers Center and Pitts are set at LG and C.
Old 04-29-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
I don't think Winston or Spencer are being Groomed...are Line sucked there going to playing NOW. IF we have new revolution and Wand ISN'T THAT BAD! then I would see him at RT and Winston at LT with Spencer/Mckinney fighting it out for RG and of course Packers Center and Pitts are set at LG and C.
The revelation is that Wand is the best LT on the roster. This was decided from film study by the same staff that decided Winston would be available in the 3rd round and not to waste a second rounder on him. They know what they are doing.
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

Quote:
if they play right away i feel bad for carr. remember dunta's first few games? those mistakes at least didnt mean the safety of our QB...
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The odds of Winston or Spencer getting on the field this year are slim. I mean unless Wand is replaced by Winston, he will be the starter. But Winston needs to refine his technique. While Spencer will need some time to get used to a zone scheme and maybe loss some weight, since 338lbs is a little heavy for a linemen.
Old 04-29-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

If I was McKinney I'd worry too - I don't think Spencer could bump him at guard his first year, but Winston could bump Weigert at RT and Weigert bump McKinney.

However, I don't think either rookie will start on opening day. I think they may get there in the near future - like next year. A strong camp could change my opinion though; we aren't that solid at o-line even with the new coaching. I'm looking forward to some real depth and real competition for the starting slots.
Old 04-29-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep in mind that it won't just be their talent getting them on the field. With a completely new offense coming in, and bringing with it new blocking assignments in both run blocking and pass protection, I expect that picking up the system quickly will get you on the field faster than just having the talent to play in it. I think it's likely that Wand keeps Winston at bay for some time if he can learn the system faster. Of course Wand has a learning disability if I'm not mistaken so this could be a problem.

The rookies won't be that far behind in learning the offense since it's new to everyone but they will have the usual "speed of the game" adjustment to make. That works in Wands favor but it won't buy him much time if he's outplayed by Winston.

I recall Wand being thought very highly of when he was drafted but needing to build strength and time to acclimate to the NFL game since he came from such a small school. I think if he is the player that the previous regime thought then he should be just about ready now. In his first training camp here (and Tony Boselli's last) Boselli spoke very highly of Seth Wand for what that's worth.
Old 04-30-2006   #11
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well i think about 4 of those games he just came in and out of them...

You guys forget about the game in against atlanta where he came off the bench and broke a 30 yard run with the bad shoulder and all and lead them to a touchdown and they won that game.

Carr is a leader...he just is too nice to go and curse at people in the face so he TRIES to do it on the field by running around and stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read