Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2006   #1
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What?

I was just watching some Idiot on T.V, and he said him and his son is turning into Cowboys fans. So let me get this right you are turning on a team becuase we don't pick a certin player and turning to a team that gets a WR that disgraced thier field before.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #2
Dolby
Rookie

Some Freaked And Nervous Supporters feel it is necessary to threaten a team in hopes that they will change their mind. Hopefully, they will all be gone and this organization can begin to rebuild it's fan base along with the team.

Granted that everyone has the right to their opinion but if you threaten to leave, get the hell out and do not let the door hit you in the @ss.

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

I was thinking about becoming a boys fan, until we drafted Winston and Spencer!

I do think the Boys will be good and I will be for them over anyone but that Texans, but im still diehard Texan.
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
Dolby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
I was thinking about becoming a boys fan, until we drafted Winston and Spencer!

I do think the Boys will be good and I will be for them over anyone but that Texans, but im still diehard Texan.
2006 is the year the Texans earned my respect and caused me to switch my allegiance to them. I have lived in Cypress almost 4 years and for the previous 40 years, I have followed the boys with my all my heart.

I still hope they do good but they are officially 2nd in my book now.

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #5
tex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
I was just watching some Idiot on T.V.
That's the only word for him.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #6
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I had sort of the same experience in Chili's last night. I took a break and headed for my local Chili'e for a beer and nachos. Of course, the talk at the bar was about the draft. While sitting at the bar a young couple with a small child walked in and sat at the bar, while waiting for a table. The child, who was 8-10 years old, heard the conversation, jumped up on the bar stool and proceed to claim to the whole world that he was now a Titans fam!!!

Apparantly, even the very young are pissed off at the Texans.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #7
texman8
Veteran

Kids are so impressionable!
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
I had sort of the same experience in Chili's last night. I took a break and headed for my local Chili'e for a beer and nachos. Of course, the talk at the bar was about the draft. While sitting at the bar a young couple with a small child walked in and sat at the bar, while waiting for a table. The child, who was 8-10 years old, heard the conversation, jumped up on the bar stool and proceed to claim to the whole world that he was now a Titans fam!!!

I would stop eating at Chili's
Old 04-30-2006   #9
whiskeyrbl

Sweet avitar Dolby!! I agree this draft is the turning point in this franchise. Maybe not this year but not far down the road I see playoff appearences and wins coming.Eveybody here that is griping is just in shock of "How can you pass on Bush" Well Iwas a Bush supporter 100%.But first and foremost I am a Houston Texan fan 1000%. I am happy and Impressed by our FO and staff have Steel Blue Balls and doing what is right for this Org. Not what makes Mel Kiper happy. And believe me when I say I don't think we are finished when the draft closes today. The picks we have made leads me to think we have a couple of trades that are going to go down.
Old 04-30-2006   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton

Ha, another restaurant story. I went to have some Mex. food last night and a high scool girl and her dad were talking about the draft (there was also her sister and brother with them, not in the conversation) and she said she couldn't believe the Texans didn't take Vince and asked who they took instead. When her dad told her, she asked "who's that"?

Gotta love the media hype. Kids are impressionable from what is fed to them.... if all you hear is Vince / Bush for 4 months, that's the response you get (even from newly created cowboy / titan fans). Of course, the dad and brother were both wearing UT shirts, so they get a + point for that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read