Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2006   #1
texan767
Rookie

Default I'm usually not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but...

Think about this.
New Orleans is in bad shape. The owner wants to move & fan base will probably be less than stellar due to aftermath of the hurricane.
Casserly is supposedly out the door & on his way to a front office job with the NFL.
Do you think strings could have been pulled to get us to take Williams, leaving Bush there for the taking at number 2 & the payoff being a cushy job for Casserly with the NFL?
I'm sure Bush would generate more excitement (read: ticket sales!) in NO than most other picks.
If someone has already brought this up, insert D'OH! here.
Otherwise, what do you think?
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this has been a series of events that lends itself to a theory like you're proposing. I think it's unlikely that you're right but the events fall into place nicely.
Old 04-29-2006   #3
UGA
Rookie

I think youve lost your mind
UGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's more likely the Texans messed up, signed the guy they were able to and are talking about he's our pick all along rather than just saying he was too expensive. We'll see though. What's done is done.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #5
Dolby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan767
Think about this.
New Orleans is in bad shape. The owner wants to move & fan base will probably be less than stellar due to aftermath of the hurricane.
Casserly is supposedly out the door & on his way to a front office job with the NFL.
Do you think strings could have been pulled to get us to take Williams, leaving Bush there for the taking at number 2 & the payoff being a cushy job for Casserly with the NFL?
I'm sure Bush would generate more excitement (read: ticket sales!) in NO than most other picks.
If someone has already brought this up, insert D'OH! here.
Otherwise, what do you think?
Dolby shakes his head and seriously wonders why everyone is spooked about the new beast coming to town.What were all of the white vans and black helecopters doing around Reliant Center today?

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #6
texan767
Rookie

Hey, don't get me wrong-as the prospect of RB seemed pretty exciting, our D wasn't exactly stellar last season, so we needed all the help we can get everywhere.
Whoever they picked, I'll still be in the stands cheering them on.
I just thought with all the Bush talk & then the seemingly abrupt about face & to pick Mario seemed kinda funny.
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Dolby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan767
Hey, don't get me wrong-as the prospect of RB seemed pretty exciting, our D wasn't exactly stellar last season, so we needed all the help we can get everywhere.
Whoever they picked, I'll still be in the stands cheering them on.
I just thought with all the Bush talk & then the seemingly abrupt about face & to pick Mario seemed kinda funny.
Earlier this week when the Texan's announced they were in contract negotiations with Bush and Super Mario, serious Texan supporters understood that they were using Bush as leverage against Super Mario because we did not need a RB. This leverage technique is very common in business and heavily exploited by both sides.

I commend the Front Office for doing a great job and welcome Mario to Houston. It seems to be a win/win and the fans will be the true recipient of their hard work.

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read