Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2004   #1
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jeremiah Trotter a Texan?

From ESPN.com
Quote:
Despite recent reports that middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter will sign with the Eagles after he is released by the Washington Redskins next month, don't look for the veteran to be headed back to Philadelphia for a second stint. Most fans will recall that Trotter signed with Washington in 2002 after the Eagles rescinded the "franchise" label with which they had designated him. Philadelphia coaches are split over the play of middle 'back Mark Simoneau, a first-year starter in 2003, and some would like to upgrade. But if there is a change, it won't be with Trotter, who already has been replaced by Michael Barrow by the Redskins. Look for Seattle and Houston to perhaps court Trotter when he is released.
I know this is just a rumor like Darius, but what do you guys think about Trotter taking over for Foreman in the middle? As far as tackling goes, Jay has been more productive over the last few years, but Jeremiah has had more sacks and INTs, particulary when he was with Philly...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #2
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP
Thumbs up

I think Trotter could be a very solid linebacker for us, and it might do him some good to be back in Texas. If we can get him for a reasonable price (not sure if we have to assume his contract with the Redskins or what) I think he and Sharper would make an excellent ILB team.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #3
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Well, that has shocked me. I can't even imagine Trotter being on the Texans.

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #4
astrofan
Veteran

This was the topic of my first post on the new boards
Trotter, some might say, might be an upgrade over Clemons
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #5
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Man, don't get me too happy before he even heads out to visit us. Would be great to start to get good LBs in our lineup. Right now we just seem to have Sharper, and I'm hopeful that Babin turns out good.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Trotter an upgrade

Although this guy is an older backer, there is no doubt he would be an upgrade over Clemons or Foreman. The Big Clemons experiment was horrible. The guy looked overweight and slow the entire season and was unable to regain the 3-4 scheme and speed need to play the position. This would be a great pickup for the Texans!
Old 05-07-2004   #7
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Although this guy is an older backer, there is no doubt he would be an upgrade over Clemons or Foreman. The Big Clemons experiment was horrible. The guy looked overweight and slow the entire season and was unable to regain the 3-4 scheme and speed need to play the position. This would be a great pickup for the Texans!
I was so excited about Clemons last offseason, but he was a bust.

Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2004   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that the Texans are done with major FA acquisitions this year.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #9
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofan
This was the topic of my first post on the new boards
Trotter, some might say, might be an upgrade over Clemons
Roger Clemens would be an upgrade over Clemons!!!

Last edited by Keldar; 05-07-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #10
Boxscore
All Pro

Sabbat00, Rogers name is spelled Clemens. Please learn it since he is one of the greatest sports athletes ever, a product of Houston HS baseball, a product of UT baseball, a long remarkable major league career, and will be elected to the baseball hall of fame, the first year he is elegible.

Trotter would not fit in the Texans organization. He is a troublemaker.

Last edited by Boxscore; 05-07-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #11
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Actually, while Trotter has been in the league a year longer than Foreman, he is actually a year younger than Jay is... younger and more experienced, i like the sound of that

*edit* btw, Jeremiah is 27, Jay is 28.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #12
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
Sabbat00, Rogers name is spelled Clemens. Please learn it since he is one of the greatest sports athletes ever, a product of Houston HS baseball, a product of UT baseball, a long remarkable major league career, and will be elected to the baseball hall of fame, the first year he is elegible.

Trotter would not fit in the Texans organization. He is a troublemaker.

oops!!!!!!!!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #13
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I can't believe 27 is old for a LB. All I am interested in is their ability to tackle, read plays, and cover. Age has a lesser bearing.
Old 05-08-2004   #14
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like Trotter as a Texan. I liked him before he signed in Washington too.
kbourda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #15
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 202 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation

I don't know that much about him however my son said he is very good and would be a great addition to our LB's. So I'm on board, lets go after him. Hey CC move fast on this!
Old 05-08-2004   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm all for upgrading over clemens and/or foreman ... what's he gonna cost us and how's his attitude?
Old 05-08-2004   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we sign any veterans after the June 1st deadline it will be or needs to be another DL. That is the area we neglected in the draft and one we could use more depth at.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
I think if we sign any veterans after the June 1st deadline it will be or needs to be another DL. That is the area we neglected in the draft and one we could use more depth at.

hopefully haynesworth gets cut although it's unlikely.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #19
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Ya, we need help at DL. But Trotter would make our LB position alot better.

Old 05-08-2004   #20
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
hopefully haynesworth gets cut although it's unlikely.
In my book, that cancer couldn't be our waterboy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read