Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2006   #1
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent
Default Michael Irvin is off his rocker

"Reggie Bush will rush for 2,000 yards"
"Vince Young is more ready to be a starter than Matt Leinart"

Hose this idiot off and take him out back.
coachdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent

Actually I think what he has said is smart. Leinart had max protection 60% of the time and was surrounded by 10 draft picks. He has more bust potential to me with his weak arm than VY. I think Bush will explode also. Not 2000 yards but he has the speed and moves to pick up some serious chunks.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-29-2006 at 12:55 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:

He is an idiot but he is right on this.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

The last 2 days have been the only time I ever remember agreeing with Irvin.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Bush wont rush for more then 1400. Mark my words.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #6
Master Po
Veteran

When has Irvin EVER said/done anything that was smart. "Boom, that crackpipe was a friend's." LOL
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Bush wont rush for more then 1400. Mark my words.
Maybe not his rookie year. He will,however,eventually be better than D. Davis.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

Guess He is still on the crack pipe
Old 04-29-2006   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan
Bush isn't built to be a 2000 yard rusher, but he could possibly be a 2000 all purpose yards guy

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #10
Waltman
Rookie

Last I heard 1400 yards rushing is pretty damn good. Especially as a rookie.
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #11
12Gage
Rookie

Quote:
He was talking about Bush in Kubiak's system. He said it is fine to insert guys in the system and have them rush for 1000 yards, but it is even better to insert dynamic players into the system such as Clinton Portis, who rushed for near 2000 yards for Kubiak in Denver. He mentioned Portis and Bush have comparble size and skills and Reggie could have easily been a near 2000 yard rusher like Portis was in Denver, here in Houston.

just clarifying what he said a little bit...
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #12
el toro
All Pro

He wasn't too far off. The team had a chance to go from a mediocre offense to a top 10 offense in less than a year. It's also not like the defense was ignored this offseason.

This was a pick influenced by other matters ($ and "signability") than football and that is what leads to the worst draft decisions, no matter the sport.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #13
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

two words: crack pipe
Old 04-30-2006   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess I'm on one too then because I agree with Michael.

Reggie was good for a ton of yards and I'd pick Vince any day of the week over Matt.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #15
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:

Yeah, and then in his 1st playoff game against the Bears he will be shut down! also what about TD`s? Can't win games on yardage.
Old 04-30-2006   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 41545 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton=08Heisman
two words: crack pipe
Wacky tabaccky...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
He was talking about Bush in Kubiak's system. He said it is fine to insert guys in the system and have them rush for 1000 yards, but it is even better to insert dynamic players into the system such as Clinton Portis, who rushed for near 2000 yards for Kubiak in Denver. He mentioned Portis and Bush have comparble size and skills and Reggie could have easily been a near 2000 yard rusher like Portis was in Denver, here in Houston.

just clarifying what he said a little bit...
Jamal Lewis rushed for 2000 yards a little while ago. Terrell Davis, and Jamal Anderson did it before that...... as far as I know, those are the only guys I know of who've even been close, in recent history.

with a little bit of a stretch, maybe you're considering 1591 yards near 2000. heck, might as well say DD ran for 1600 in 2004.

I can see Reggie Being the first player to have 1000 yards recieving, and 1000 yards rushing in New Orleans.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
Yeah, and then in his 1st playoff game against the Bears he will be shut down! also what about TD`s? Can't win games on yardage.
Are you serious?? Vince will throw on them, if they spy him........ he'll break for the sideline, the defense will react to stop him from gaining yards, then he'll hit that wideopen reciever.

If they drop back for coverage, he's gonna kill them.

This won't be the first time, that a QB would beat Kurt Warner for the starting job in TC......... but if what they say about his armstrength, and downfield accuracy, I can't see it. Besides, they also have Rohan Davey on the roster... another big armed gunslinger........ IMHO, he fits what they are doing in Arizona, than the rumors about Matt's arm would lead you to believe.
Old 05-01-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
I call BS on this! El Toro! Lay down the crack pipe man! 10th in offense? Yup to you people, Reggie does walk on water. OMG!!!!
hmm..... I'm thinking we'll be in the top 10 in offensive yards, or scoring, depending on how aggressive Kubiak lets us be. Fast recievers + QB with a big arm + productive running game + cut blocking + play action = top ten offense.
Old 05-01-2006   #19
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan
I half agree. I think if Deuce wasnt there, he would rush for 2k. I think Leinart will develop much faster because of the talent on the offensive side of the ball in 'Zona.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
Actually I think what he has said is smart. Leinart had max protection 60% of the time and was surrounded by 10 draft picks. He has more bust potential to me with his weak arm than VY. I think Bush will explode also. Not 2000 yards but he has the speed and moves to pick up some serious chunks.
Matt Leinart has more bust potential? Matt is not only the better, more NFL-ready QB at this moment in time, but he is going to Arizona, where he has three All-Pro caliber receivers and a Denny Green offense to play behind. Give Warner a couple of weeks to get injured and you will see Matt Leinart explode in this league.

Contrast this to Vince, who's only real credit right now is that he gets to play for Chow, who is supposed to be a good OC.

I can't wait for the Titans to lose a few games, though I suspect the UT homers will rush to defend Vince with much the same "excuses" people on this board have given Carr about lack of supporting cast, bad playcalling, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read