Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Imagine the pressure Kubiak's feeling.

After deciding to take the risky move and draft Mario, can you imagine the pressure on the poor guy? I hope he doesn't have an aneurysm or something.
Old 04-29-2006   #2
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
After deciding to take the risky move and draft Mario, can you imagine the pressure on the poor guy? I hope he doesn't have an aneurysm or something.
Wrong. Bush was the risky move. The Texans would have sentenced themselves to a string of 4-6 win seasons for years if they drafted into a strength. Williams will increase the turnover rate in favor of the Texans and that will increase the number of wins.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Kubiak made the right decision. Our O is good enough to contend with any team and now our D isnt lookin bad either.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ahem.

I usually do not do the big font thingy, but I would like to say......

Gary Kubiak has stones of steel!

As a good Texan man should.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #5
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Williams will increase the turnover rate in favor of the Texans and that will increase the number of wins.
You need to quit stating that like it is a fact. Because it isn't. Aside from Florida State Williams dissappered from almost every game in which he encountered a top college offense and that is the only thing he did consistently in college. Until he proves otherwise in the NFL with even better offenses (he won't be playing Wake Forest, Southern Mississippi and Maryland to rack up the stats anymore) you have to expect that he will continue that trend.
GhostRaider2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #6
MrMeToo
All Pro

Well if he didn't want the pressure he should have drafted Bush, so I have no remorse for him.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRaider2006
You need to quit stating that like it is a fact. Because it isn't. Aside from Florida State Williams dissappered from almost every game in which he encountered a top college offense and that is the only thing he did consistently in college. Until he proves otherwise in the NFL with even better offenses (he won't be playing Wake Forest, Southern Mississippi and Maryland to rack up the stats anymore) you have to expect that he will continue that trend.
You could say the same thing about Bush. Bush played behind a very strong team and didn't rush the ball more than 20 times a game. He was destined to be a part-time player in Texas and that's what he'll be in NO with McAllister there. As they just said on ESPN, Williams is a tall guy weighing 295 lbs. with great hands and the ability to create separation and pressure the QB. That's what the Texans need, not another RB. And as I recall, Bush basically disappeared when he came up against a good college D in the championship game.
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
Well if he didn't want the pressure he should have drafted Bush, so I have no remorse for him.
Bush was nothing but media hype. The Texans didn't need him with Davis already here. Bush does nothing for the Texans. Williams meets a real need, Bush doesn't. Williams is a full-time player who will create turnovers and set up the offense. Good pick. A smart man's pick. Bush would have been a fantasy football player's pick, but not a smart football pick.
Old 04-29-2006   #9
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not just about sack stats -- it's about hurrying the QB and altering pass direction as well. That creates turnovers and that's what wins games.
Old 04-29-2006   #10
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Bush was nothing but media hype. The Texans didn't need him with Davis already here. Bush does nothing for the Texans. Williams meets a real need, Bush doesn't. Williams is a full-time player who will create turnovers and set up the offense. Good pick. A smart man's pick. Bush would have been a fantasy football player's pick, but not a smart football pick.
Bush does nothing for the Texans?

He would have made our offense way better. Another great option for Carr. He just doesn't play RB. He can play WR also. He would have been a change of pace of offense from Davis and opposing teams would have to focus on him so much that Moulds and Johnson would be able to succeed.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #11
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

Quote:
Bush was nothing but media hype.
And so is Williams.
Old 04-29-2006   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick

AGGGGGGGGGGREED. MY KINDA COACH!!!!
Old 04-29-2006   #13
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

Quote:
It's not just about sack stats -- it's about hurrying the QB and altering pass direction as well. That creates turnovers and that's what wins games.
Quit making it sound like defense is all that wins games it's just a part that factors into the whole it isn't the end all be all as you are making it out to be.
Old 04-29-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And so is Williams.
There was very little media hype about Williams. And let's be honest, if there was media hype regarding Williams, then there wouldn't be any complaints.
Old 04-29-2006   #15
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:

He made the right choice, not the most popular one.
That is a leader of Men!!!
Old 04-29-2006   #16
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quit making it sound like defense is all that wins games it's just a part that factors into the whole it isn't the end all be all as you are making it out to be.
The Baltimore Ravens and their Super Bowl victory say, "HI!!!" Chicago Bears of 2005 also would like to send their greetings.
Old 04-29-2006   #17
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
Bush does nothing for the Texans?

He would have made our offense way better. Another great option for Carr. He just doesn't play RB. He can play WR also. He would have been a change of pace of offense from Davis and opposing teams would have to focus on him so much that Moulds and Johnson would be able to succeed.
No he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have been that much better than with just Davis there. Williams improves this team far, far more than Bush would. And you just made an excellent reason for NOT taking Bush by calling him a "change of pace" back. By saying that, you are saying he wouldn't be a full-time player and wouldn't even have a set position. There is no way the Texans should take a part-time player without a position who would have limited touches as a #1 overall pick. No way ... period. It would have been a wasted pick by a team full of weaknesses and had no turnovers during a time where they also had no victories last season.
Old 04-29-2006   #18
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens and their Super Bowl victory say, "HI!!!" Chicago Bears of 2005 also would like to send their greetings.
Yeah and those were just two freak of nature defenses that occur about once every twenty years that only lasted a year not something I would want to modle my team after. Those defense were and always will be abberations to the norm.
Old 04-29-2006   #19
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
And as I recall, Bush basically disappeared when he came up against a good college D in the championship game.
If 177 yards is Bush disappearing then what happens when he shows up?

Best offseason in history does not make Bush a bust.
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tell me about it. I saw a post somewhere that said McNair was gutless for taking Williams. Somebody must not know what the term "gutless" means - either me or the poster.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read