Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default A Message for Mr. McNair

Mr. McNair. First and foremost I would like to extend another thank you for bringing NFL football back to the great city of Houston. A city screaming with avid football fans, knowledgable, and passionate, not only about the game, but to support it's city. I can still remember getting my first season ticket package in the mail and year after year, coming via FedEX, surrounded by leather binders, Texan stationary, and logo pens. I was so proud. I always remember bragging to my father how the Pittsburgh Steeler organization sends his, also Via FedEX, with no gifts, just the tickets unwrapped, so they can be damaged and destroyed. I remember telling him, "this is an organzation and owner, dedicated to the fans, the city, and wants to use his wealth and power to bring joy for so many hardworking Houstonians that struggle day to day, just to give excitement on some sundays for a few hours. Here is an owner, that is not like the New age Daniel Snyders and Jerry Jones', more like Al Davis, "I'll Pay for it, but just win baby!" I was mistaken.....

I do support the decision to draft Mario Williams, now, although I still believe Reggie Bush and Vince Young will be NFL Legends. I realize that my emotions of seeing #5 do the impossible and improbable in a Texan uniform had me dreaming like a kid in a candy store. I can still see visions of Andre Johnson going on a double reverse from Reggie Bush. I can see David Carr finally erasing the memories of this city, with weapons finally around him, handing off and watching Reggie go 80 for the TD, I can still see, the fans back to being fans and loving our beloved Texans again, and holding up a Super Bowl trophy. The latter two will come, but not at the expense of the decisions you have made this offseason.

Let me tell you something about the hardworking fans. No matter who puts on the Steel Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White, the fans will support. They may not go to the games in record numbers, they may not buy jerseys of no name, lack of flash, fill-in players, but they will always be loyal to the city of Houston. They will continue to buy season ticket packages, to say they have them and pass them down to future generations as keep-sakes. Nevermine those who said they will leave, via Vince Young and Reggie Bush not being draft, heck I was one of them, it was only temporary insanity, as we love this game, and we will go. But one thing was lost.....

This city will never support YOU again. In my opinion, YOu have marched in like a knight on a white horse, with this great smile, kissing babies like the President of the Uniter Sates, to save the dreams of many, only to trample the women and children, and take the spoils. Be honest, this was not about the best player on the board. For the Texans organization to insult the intelligence of Avid fans, experts, other football G.m's, owners, etc, is ridiculous. This was about image and image alone. Come out and say it. If Bush had not been in this USC "slight scandal", we would all be happy this draft morning, but to lie before the entire world, and send the Sith Lord himself, Charlie Casserly, to deliver the news, was nothing short of being a coward. I know, others will say, he's a owner, he knows more abot football than you. Let's get real, the difference between me, you, and the other millions of Houstonians is, a billion dollar bank roll, and you lack of passion for what this city truely desires and what a sports franchise means to so many.
For most of your billions dollar buddy owners, this is Human Monopoly, but playing with our money now, as I'm sure the invested dollars are ow recouped many time over. I said it, we're not stupid hicks, we can read Forbes!

In closing, I respect your decision, your strength to go against all what the city wants and desires, and the expert national opinion, to protect something that is not even built yet. I respect your finances to buy and develop a franchise. I admire the business man you have become, but to hide behind the vale of best player on the board, was down right wrong. As a matter of fact, I write this, it's amazing how a dark clouod and thunder storm is right over Reliant Stadium...lol

To the fans, keep cheering, keep going, keep supporting, but in the future, never get behind the guy you want again, the Texans will only support their image. I love you all and look forward to cheering another hopeful Texans Season this year!

Yours in the Blue, Red, and White

PittBull
Old 04-29-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Mr. McNair. First and foremost I would like to extend another thank you for bringing NFL football back to the great city of Houston. A city screaming with avid football fans, knowledgable, and passionate, not only about the game, but to support it's city. I can still remember getting my first season ticket package in the mail and year after year, coming via FedEX, surrounded by leather binders, Texan stationary, and logo pens. I was so proud. I always remember bragging to my father how the Pittsburgh Steeler organization sends his, also Via FedEX, with no gifts, just the tickets unwrapped, so they can be damaged and destroyed. I remember telling him, "this is an organzation and owner, dedicated to the fans, the city, and wants to use his wealth and power to bring joy for so many hardworking Houstonians that struggle day to day, just to give excitement on some sundays for a few hours. Here is an owner, that is not like the New age Daniel Snyders and Jerry Jones', more like Al Davis, "I'll Pay for it, but just win baby!" I was mistaken.....

I do support the decision to draft Mario Williams, now, although I still believe Reggie Bush and Vince Young will be NFL Legends. I realize that my emotions of seeing #5 do the impossible and improbable in a Texan uniform had me dreaming like a kid in a candy store. I can still see visions of Andre Johnson going on a double reverse from Reggie Bush. I can see David Carr finally erasing the memories of this city, with weapons finally around him, handing off and watching Reggie go 80 for the TD, I can still see, the fans back to being fans and loving our beloved Texans again, and holding up a Super Bowl trophy. The latter two will come, but not at the expense of the decisions you have made this offseason.
A double reverse in the NFL?

Quote:

Let me tell you something about the hardworking fans. No matter who puts on the Steel Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White, the fans will support. They may not go to the games in record numbers, they may not buy jerseys of no name, lack of flash, fill-in players, but they will always be loyal to the city of Houston. They will continue to buy season ticket packages, to say they have them and pass them down to future generations as keep-sakes. Nevermine those who said they will leave, via Vince Young and Reggie Bush not being draft, heck I was one of them, it was only temporary insanity, as we love this game, and we will go. But one thing was lost.....

This city will never support YOU again. In my opinion, YOu have marched in like a knight on a white horse, with this great smile, kissing babies like the President of the Uniter Sates, to save the dreams of many, only to trample the women and children, and take the spoils. Be honest, this was not about the best player on the board. For the Texans organization to insult the intelligence of Avid fans, experts, other football G.m's, owners, etc, is ridiculous. This was about image and image alone. Come out and say it. If Bush had not been in this USC "slight scandal", we would all be happy this draft morning, but to lie before the entire world, and send the Sith Lord himself, Charlie Casserly, to deliver the news, was nothing short of being a coward. I know, others will say, he's a owner, he knows more abot football than you. Let's get real, the difference between me, you, and the other millions of Houstonians is, a billion dollar bank roll, and you lack of passion for what this city truely desires and what a sports franchise means to so many.
For most of your billions dollar buddy owners, this is Human Monopoly, but playing with our money now, as I'm sure the invested dollars are ow recouped many time over. I said it, we're not stupid hicks, we can read Forbes!

Lol at CC the Sith Lord.

Quote:

In closing, I respect your decision, your strength to go against all what the city wants and desires, and the expert national opinion, to protect something that is not even built yet. I respect your finances to buy and develop a franchise. I admire the business man you have become, but to hide behind the vale of best player on the board, was down right wrong. As a matter of fact, I write this, it's amazing how a dark clouod and thunder storm is right over Reliant Stadium...lol

To the fans, keep cheering, keep going, keep supporting, but in the future, never get behind the guy you want again, the Texans will only support their image. I love you all and look forward to cheering another hopeful Texans Season this year!

Yours in the Blue, Red, and White

PittBull

Uuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly!

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid you might be right. Houston's sports teams seem to shoot themselves in the foot by going for the squeaky clean instead of just taking the best players. Maybe it just seems that way. I don't know but Mr. Big Stud Williams better be Big Stud good ALL SEASON LONG....unless of course Bush goes on IR after the first 2 or 3 games and is never the same again. Ya never know.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This was a Kubiak decision, make no mistake about it. I'm glad to see you are objective about this entire thing.
Old 04-29-2006   #4
pittbull
All Pro

Default objective...

I don't know, being like the Colts looks mighty good to me. I would rather be invited to the dance, and have a chance to meet the girl of my dreams, than always stay at home with my parents and a movie! But, like my post said, it will all work out. I don't think this is a Kubiak decison though.
Old 04-29-2006   #5
pittbull
All Pro

Default Hulk

Who doesn't want to be be here?
Old 04-29-2006   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mario Williams was quite vocal about wanting to play in New Orleans.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to break out, but if you truly are a fan then you would be behind your team regardless of who they pick. Moreover, if you are shocked then you have simply not read the posts that matter on this board that actually spelled out why the Texans came to this decision.

I commend the triumvirate of Mr. McNair, Cass and Kubiak on their work and look forward to seeing the full body of work after this weekend. Today is a good day to be a Texan.
Old 04-29-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Mario Williams was quite vocal about wanting to play in New Orleans.
Can you document that? That statement kind of got a life of its own, but there seems to be no record of it.
Old 04-29-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suspect that Reggie NEVER realy wanted to be in Houston, but if he was going to, he wanted a kings ransom. Just saw him on Sports Center and guess what...he was talking again about the same teams he talked about befor...NY and a California team Those are where he has REALLY wanted to go. He just never thought we would pick someone else. He thought he would be the #1 pick (which was important to him) and that it would be us or some team in a trade up like the Jets.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #10
LoneStarState
Veteran

As long as the front office keeps assembling a scab football team, no one will want to play for the Texans.
Old 04-29-2006   #11
pittbull
All Pro

Default reggie wanted to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I suspect that Reggie NEVER realy wanted to be in Houston, but if he was going to, he wanted a kings ransom. Just saw him on Sports Center and guess what...he was talking again about the same teams he talked about befor...NY and a California team Those are where he has REALLY wanted to go. He just never thought we would pick someone else. He thought he would be the #1 pick (which was important to him) and that it would be us or some team in a trade up like the Jets.

According to Lenny P, the Texans never offered Bush a contract as high as what they gave Willaims! So it looks like the Texans never wanted him! Basically, the contract negotiations were limited when the story broke. As fot Reggie, teake your choice. A boat load of money as the over #1, 2 great WR's, a new coach that will build the offense around you, a QB who will just be a puppet to control the system offense and a defense that will be better. To me, this would equal more win than going to New Orleans (we all know the problems there) Tennessee (fischer won't be there that long) NY, new coach and always unstable! Houston was the ideal place that will get better very fast!
Old 04-29-2006   #12
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitt!

Nice post, I think you made some damn good points!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I have to break out, but if you truly are a fan then you would be behind your team regardless of who they pick.

I'm proud to be an American but I don't agree with all of the country's policies. Does that make me unpatriotic?

Last edited by Texans Pride; 04-29-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2006   #14
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can you document that? That statement kind of got a life of its own, but there seems to be no record of it.
No link, but I also heard it in an interview with him on NFL Total Access. Said he really wanted to play for New Orleans because he liked the coaching staff, it seemed like they fit together well (he and the team) and that New Orleans seemed to be the most interested in him. Said he would be very excited to play there.
Old 04-29-2006   #15
touttail
All Pro

Now we all know why you have to pay for your season tickets before draft day!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #16
killerklown24
Rookie

Quote:
I have to break out, but if you truly are a fan then you would be behind your team regardless of who they pick. Moreover, if you are shocked then you have simply not read the posts that matter on this board that actually spelled out why the Texans came to this decision.

I commend the triumvirate of Mr. McNair, Cass and Kubiak on their work and look forward to seeing the full body of work after this weekend. Today is a good day to be a Texan.
I agree. It seems to be that more are a fan of Reggie or VY and not fans of the Texans. If that is the case, go buy your gear by which ever team drafts them and good riddance.

On another note from what I understand, the way it shakes down is that that if you were looking for offensive help you take Reggie, if you wanted defensive help you take Mario. It appears to me that Kubiak likes what he sees with the offense and chose to help the D. This is per Chris Mortensen and what he said was approx 1/2 of the GMs around the league. I will agree that Reggie is the best player in the draft but if you believe (obviously the Texans do) that you are OK on offense why would you take Reggie over Mario?
Old 04-29-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess you have to sit and evaluate whether you think Bush is better than Davis.

My answer would be yes, immediately you upgrade at that position.

Nothing wrong with Davis but Bush would have been better.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Mario might have been enamored with NO because he, just like others, were sure the the Texans would take Bush. So, why get your hopes up for that - he wasn't expecting to be the number one pick.

Flip side of that - Reggie was expecting to be the #1, never really heard that he was for playing in Houston except to expect to lose a few games or early in the offseason to play in San Fran or NY.. I think

As for the original post, sorry - but I still support the Texans AND McNair along with our new and improved coaching staff. Guess I'm still the optimistic homer Texans fan. Ah well.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #19
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
As long as the front office keeps assembling a scab football team, no one will want to play for the Texans.

I see you want us to take an unemployed college football player who can afford to drive a LEXUS (40-60,000) car. Yeah we need some them OU Criminals playing for us
Old 04-29-2006   #20
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerklown24
I agree. It seems to be that more are a fan of Reggie or VY and not fans of the Texans. If that is the case, go buy your gear by which ever team drafts them and good riddance.

On another note from what I understand, the way it shakes down is that that if you were looking for offensive help you take Reggie, if you wanted defensive help you take Mario. It appears to me that Kubiak likes what he sees with the offense and chose to help the D. This is per Chris Mortensen and what he said was approx 1/2 of the GMs around the league. I will agree that Reggie is the best player in the draft but if you believe (obviously the Texans do) that you are OK on offense why would you take Reggie over Mario?
AMEN!!!!

I heard it said that Mario Williams was BEST player on over 20 NFL team draft boards, because everyone thought Reggie was a lock at #1...so I guess 21 Teams had a better idea as to Reggie being a great RB, remember Barry Sanders played for a lousy Detroit team and got tired and quit how many playoff games for Detroit, how many divsion titles, how many Super Bowls while Barry was there. NUFF SAID

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read