Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-29-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Peterson or Quinn?

Figured I'd be the first one to get the debate rolling.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quinn no doubt
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

We likely won't be in a position to draft either, but I'll play devil's advocate...

It will all depend on how Carr does this season...If Kubiak is able to milk some improvement out of Carr, then we have no need to look at a QB...If not, Quinn could be an avenue that we go down...

The only way that we take Peterson would be if we don't end up drafting a RB this year, but we likely will...

In all honesty, though, it's simply too early to tell...
Old 04-29-2006   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson. He is a better runningback than Bush, but Bush was the bigger all around threat.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #5
LoneStarState
Veteran

Hmmm... Let's see... (look at the avatar)...
Old 04-29-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

marshawn lynch, best back in college.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

kas Lynch is a big back if I am not mistaken, but I like him, he is similar to Larry Johnson in running style. I doubt we take either look for us if in that position which we wont be to go Joe Thomas or one of the WRs in that draft. Hopefully Calvin Johnson or Steve Smith.
Old 04-29-2006   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
kas Lynch is a big back if I am not mistaken, but I like him, he is similar to Larry Johnson in running style. I doubt we take either look for us if in that position which we wont be to go Joe Thomas or one of the WRs in that draft. Hopefully Calvin Johnson or Steve Smith.
You are mistaken...Lynch is 5-11 and 215...He is more comparable to a guy like Tomlinson than to a guy like Johnson...

Check out this run from his freshman year, dude is special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlzK...earch=marshawn
Old 04-29-2006   #9
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Quinn

Quinn,. Obviously CArr still won't have protectin nd will receive all the blame. Quinn 07'!!!! But, I still want Davie Franchise to be successful. A standup guy, agood person for the community, but another failed player by this franchise!
Old 04-29-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
lynch isn't big, but he can put some power on ya.

joe thomas will be a top 3 pick, along with quinn and possibly calvin johnson. seriously thomas is 10x the player d'brickashaw ferguson is. but steve smith is a 2nd rounder at best....jarrett is the star of USC's corps.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinn, his sister is hot
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither. This team hopefully will not be in the top 15 of the draft next year.
Old 04-29-2006   #13
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Neither. This team hopefully will not be in the top 15 of the draft next year.
Old 04-29-2006   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Well, I'm sort of a ND fan so I'm bias. However, I would like to say that the player out there next year I want to look at is Jeff Samardzija. I have no idea where he is ranked, but he has great hands, and good size.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Quinn, his sister is hot
but AJ hawk already has her but yes she is hot

but back on topic, if david carr doesnt have a productive season (i think a qb rating at 85 or something) but if DD doesnt do the job then peterson, i like them both even though im a longhorns fan and it breaks my heart to say that
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #16
real

Quinn...and then jamal charles after that...haha
Old 04-29-2006   #17
TexansCanes
All Pro

i want laron landry, that is if we don't get a safety in the 4th
Old 04-29-2006   #18
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
i want laron landry, that is if we don't get a safety in the 4th
Yes finally someone sees the light! Laron has been the best db the past 3 years and will tear anyones head and he knows where ball is all the time the safest and best pick. And no injury concerns.
Old 04-30-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we take the LT from Texas with the 32nd pick...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #20
bigcarlos
Veteran

We probably will have the 1st pick again, and we will need a QB, but Peterson should be our pick. But then Casserly will say that we need just one more guy to slow Peyton down, and screw up our draft again:brickwall
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read