Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2006   #1
LoneStarState
Veteran

Default New GM

Ok, now tha Casserly has officially set the Texans back another decade with the last 2 first round picks (amoung other things...) AND will be leaving us in the same pitiful mess he left the Redskins in... who will the McNair pick to either right the ship or continue the path to being the next Arizona Cardinals?
Old 04-28-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know about Phil Savage? He was/is GM of the Browns. I heard he got fired or demoted in some way, but I think he is still somehow with the Browns. He is the only candidate I would consider.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yall really think casserly is that bad,,,lets have a look,,,,,we have gotten D-Rob,,,,,D.Davis (a sleeper),,,,,David Carr,,,,,Pitts,,,,,TJ (not a bust),,,,,,AJ,,,,,Peek,,,,,,THERES MORE, but our whole team has been primarily built on the draft,,,until this off season with the addition of big names like Weaver and Moulds. And people will admit we have a lot of talent, SO HOW HAS CASSERLY DONE SO BAD ??? Why arent any of the GM for the texans since all the picks yall would make would be so great. We'd prolly have harrington instead of carr. If we make the playoffs this year C.C will be the smartest man alive, but if not he will be the dumbest GM ever WELL thats how itd be to yall. I just dont see why any of u thought we'd get bush when we just recently signed D.D to a new contract, and not to mention D.D is a very good back, some durablity issues but with a refreshed line and more of a passing game i can see him playing all 16 games. well its just mt opinion but i think Casserly made the right call !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yall really think casserly is that bad,,,lets have a look,,,,,we have gotten D-Rob,,,,,D.Davis (a sleeper),,,,,David Carr,,,,,Pitts,,,,,TJ (not a bust),,,,,,AJ,,,,,Peek,,,,,,THERES MORE, but our whole team has been primarily built on the draft,,,until this off season with the addition of big names like Weaver and Moulds. And people will admit we have a lot of talent, SO HOW HAS CASSERLY DONE SO BAD ??? Why arent any of the GM for the texans since all the picks yall would make would be so great. We'd prolly have harrington instead of carr. If we make the playoffs this year C.C will be the smartest man alive, but if not he will be the dumbest GM ever WELL thats how itd be to yall. I just dont see why any of u thought we'd get bush when we just recently signed D.D to a new contract, and not to mention D.D is a very good back, some durablity issues but with a refreshed line and more of a passing game i can see him playing all 16 games. well its just mt opinion but i think Casserly made the right call !
Let's see, where do we start?
PBuch, Jason Babin, Tony Bosseli, Matt Stevens, Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, Tony Hollings, and a bunch of wasted draft picks that didn't even get out of training camp...
Old 04-29-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This could be your new VP of Player Personnel and Football Ops...
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=4133

...to go along with the VP of Administration and Negotiations (Ferens).

No more 'strong GM' is a possibility.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #6
Hadukendawg
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Does anyone know about Phil Savage? He was/is GM of the Browns. I heard he got fired or demoted in some way, but I think he is still somehow with the Browns. He is the only candidate I would consider.
Ya Phil is still with the Browns and will be with the Browns for a very long time, as you can probably tell by the FA pickups he made for us this year.

GO BROWNS !!!
Hadukendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadukendawg
Ya Phil is still with the Browns and will be with the Browns for a very long time, as you can probably tell by the FA pickups he made for us this year.

GO BROWNS !!!
Is Haduken that move from Street Fighter?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
Hadukendawg
waterboy

Ya, it means 'Fireball' .
Actually its 'Hadoken' in street fighter I think, but ... Been playing an online game called DAoC for years as a character named Haduken, so its easier for me to use the same login for every website/forum rather then trying to remember a bunch of different ones heh.

Anyways, I'm not a Texans fan or anything, but I like the pick you all just made, except...
You probably could have traded down, picked up a few extra picks and still ended up with Mario. If not Mario then someone else just as good since there are so many holes to fill on both your lines.
So overall I think the pick is good, but it would have been better if you would have traded down, there are alot of teams that would have jumped all over the #1 to get RB. Now its the Saints chance to really cash in and move down a few spots.
Hopefully Mario works out for ya, if nothing else you guys really screwed up every other teams draft boards for tomorrow.

Good GM.
Hadukendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted about this 3 weeks ago in a thread about Casserly possibly taking over for Upshaw. I'm hearing Rick Smith's name mentioned as a possibly successor.

I'd like to see the team bring in an assistant GM from a successful team. I've heard positives about Rick Smith of the Broncos. He's just starting his first year as Assistant GM, but he was the director of pro personnel for many years for them. He's probably got a good relationship with Kubiak as well. Well, I would hope he does at least.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=20765______
Old 04-29-2006   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadukendawg
Ya, it means 'Fireball' .
Actually its 'Hadoken' in street fighter I think, but ... Been playing an online game called DAoC for years as a character named Haduken, so its easier for me to use the same login for every website/forum rather then trying to remember a bunch of different ones heh.

Anyways, I'm not a Texans fan or anything, but I like the pick you all just made, except...
You probably could have traded down, picked up a few extra picks and still ended up with Mario. If not Mario then someone else just as good since there are so many holes to fill on both your lines.
So overall I think the pick is good, but it would have been better if you would have traded down, there are alot of teams that would have jumped all over the #1 to get RB. Now its the Saints chance to really cash in and move down a few spots.
Hopefully Mario works out for ya, if nothing else you guys really screwed up every other teams draft boards for tomorrow.

Good GM.
According to Casserly, there had been no interest in gettign the first pick at all, so no opportunity to trade down. I guess the other 31 teams also thought that a first pick Bush WOULD be too expensive
Old 04-29-2006   #11
trutxn
Veteran

Default Are the Texans finished making noise in draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
Ok, now tha Casserly has officially set the Texans back another decade with the last 2 first round picks (amoung other things...) AND will be leaving us in the same pitiful mess he left the Redskins in... who will the McNair pick to either right the ship or continue the path to being the next Arizona Cardinals?

The draft is still not over and only Mario knows were he will end up. Or does he? There have been many sign and trade deals in the draft before, is this another? The Texans' brass seems to be content with their selection, and they know that Mario will have an instant impact. But is there another team at the top of the draft that covets Mario so much that they are willing to offer the "godfather" trade the media has forgotten about? If there was a team that felt the Saints were going to take Mario and would not be available when their selection came, they could get him through a trade. If Houston knew the pick they covet will slide to a later position, why not think of a trade?

Even if the Texans stay with Mario, which I think they sould, could the Texans still continue to make as much news in the draft? Charley Casserly said he will not "draft" a QB. Lets continue to pray that Texans have something up their sleeves. It would be nice to keep Mario and trade Carr to the team that drafts Vince. Of course we would have to throw in another pick, possibly one of our third rounders. Then we could use the second rounder on an offensive lineman and draft the best available players with the remaining picks. The Texans would become a playoff contender and regain the support of their fans at the same time.

Bob McNair stated that he wanted world wide recognition with his team. He wants his team to be on the same status of the NY Yankees. I know for a fact any team at that level makes big moves, so will the Texans? As a Texan fan I would pay twice as much for season tickets if they could pull it off.
trutxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #12
The Mighty Texan
Rookie

Default Stupid Is As Stupid Does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
Let's see, where do we start?
PBuch, Jason Babin, Tony Bosseli, Matt Stevens, Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, Tony Hollings, and a bunch of wasted draft picks that didn't even get out of training camp...
See the pattern??

Oh the damn shame.... Bags back on the head, people we are shamed...

I never thought Bush would be #1 but to pass on Vince???? STUPID!!!!!!!

Texas Loyalty...hummmm, Can't see it...
The Mighty Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I wish people would stop with the Bosseli stuff, the guy was practically limping to the expansion draft, we drafted his name, plain and simple, but that was pretty much what was available in the expansion draft, NAMES.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #14
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
I wish people would stop with the Bosseli stuff, the guy was practically limping to the expansion draft, we drafted his name, plain and simple, but that was pretty much what was available in the expansion draft, NAMES.
It doesn't matter if he was wheeled in on a gurney - they still drafted him...
Old 04-29-2006   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Travis Johnson will play well this year. As will mario williams. We got this
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #16
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Travis Johnson will play well this year. As will mario williams. We got this
They will?
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #17
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default whitch hunt!

I say, we all go plot to destroy Casserly like he's done to us fans!

If i saw him, I would really truthfully punch him in the face!! :brickwall
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read